Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Business Mods

by simler90 Posted 21st Sep 2019 at 3:53 AM - Updated 26th Sep 2022 at 5:57 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 39

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Alchemist
#26 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 6:58 PM
I would like to try this mod, but I'm a little confused about a few things. So, if I'm understanding correctly, as of Update 5 & above, the mod makes it so that, if you visit an OFB business with a different playable family (so the owner is unselectable), the owner is not credited for any sales, and they are also not charged for any restocking? Is that correct? If so, is there a version where it's possible to have the original mod intact, in which the owner is properly credited for purchases and charged for restocking? (I'd like to set up an integrated hood where sims go visit stores to do shopping, but using this mod would mean that the owners would never get credited when sims visit each other's businesses. That might be useful in a set up where I wouldn't play the owner's family, but otherwise, my playables would have to make purchases twice--or I'd have to summon other playables over to buy things while playing the owner--in order for my owners' businesses to grow. Or I'd have to rely on sales to townies to make money.)

My next question, is about the barista restriction. Is it possible to remove that feature? What lines would I need to remove? I would like to have my sims to be able to assign baristas. Finally, does this mod include the Met Self Fix? Is that part of the fixes in Updates 1 & 2?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 3:56 PM
So I have ALFixes, and that too fixes the Love Potion thing, but both mods have way more than that, so what should I do? Do I have to sacrifice one of them? Or does the conflict not matter because both mods do the same thing and won't harm the other?
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 4:03 AM
There is also a bug that prevents food purchased at OFB bakeries/restaurants from being eaten.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nickgirdy55
So I have ALFixes, and that too fixes the Love Potion thing, but both mods have way more than that, so what should I do? Do I have to sacrifice one of them? Or does the conflict not matter because both mods do the same thing and won't harm the other?

Just make sure this mod loads after alfixes, which it should alphabetically anyway.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 12:47 AM
This conflicts with Pescado's nolamehires which is to be expected and mostly your changes relating to hires cover more, but I was wondering if you'd please consider updating it so it incorporates this feature from nolamehires: sims at level 6+ of a career are no longer considered eligible for hire? Thanks
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 3:31 PM
I've just realised that it's not possible to buy an MP3 or a game console in an apartment lot or a residential lot. The sim makes the action completely and pays the MP3 or the console but they never appears in the sim's inventory. Despite that, it works correctly with the mobile phone.
I've tested with and without your MP3 mod, but the result was the same, so I think it's a Maxis programming error.
Alchemist
#32 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 9:35 PM
@simler90, I have been using the mod (update 31) and it works well. However, I noticed that when I ran a real estate business and sold deeds to townies, the game didn't always process this behavior correctly. Usually (and I think the correct way) the deed was sold and the lot would go back to being a community lot, available for a playable to repurchase. Sometimes though, the game would still register the townie as the owner of the lot, and the lot would have to be bulldozed. I believe this happens if the townie in question is a gardening club member. Is it possible to incorporate a fix for this into your mod, so that the deed is properly sold to townies, and townies cannot be considered lot owners?

@tonivalencia you need MogHughson's Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot or Sophie-David's Buy Clothes Anywhere Patch + Apartments and Shopping on the Same Lot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 10:27 PM
@Phantomknight I have that mod, but it doesn't let me buy an MP3 or a console in apartment or residential lots. In fact, you can buy a mobile phone without that mod. The machine were you buy these devices is automatic, like the vending machines introduced in Apartment Life, so you should be able to buy all of them. The Apartments and Shopping mod lets you buy anything that needs a cash register to be sold. The curious thing is that the mobile phone is the only thing you can buy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@simler90, I have been using the mod (update 31) and it works well. However, I noticed that when I ran a real estate business and sold deeds to townies, the game didn't always process this behavior correctly. Usually (and I think the correct way) the deed was sold and the lot would go back to being a community lot, available for a playable to repurchase. Sometimes though, the game would still register the townie as the owner of the lot, and the lot would have to be bulldozed. I believe this happens if the townie in question is a gardening club member. Is it possible to incorporate a fix for this into your mod, so that the deed is properly sold to townies, and townies cannot be considered lot owners?

I just released a new mod called Townie Fixes which fixes that issue and more.
Alchemist
#35 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 6:31 AM
simler90, I did see that; thanks again!

@tonivalencia, I was going off of the mod faqs/read me page. It says that the kiosk is one of the items updated to work in apartments. Perhaps you have a conflict somewhere? And that's why you're experiencing unusual behavior? Until you figure out what's wrong, though, a quick fix would be to use Monique's computer. You can buy electronic gadgets with it and I use it on apartment lots all the time.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 10:24 AM
@Phantomknight I've tested without any mod except the Apartments and Shopping mod and the result was the same. It doesn't matter if I buy the kiosk after or before installing the mod. I don't know what is happening, but I'll try the Monique's computer as you recommended me. Thank you!
Instructor
#37 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:38 AM
I want to try it but I lost track of who is charged and credited with what. Can anyone clarify? The owner is credited with the money from sales and charged from restocking while they're not selectable?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 8:01 AM
Thank you for all your work, i really love your mods ♥
I have only one small question about update 21 (the same as Phantomknight)

Code:
UPDATE 21: On owned business lots, only the owner or family of the owner can make/serve espresso on a barista bar now

Is it possible to remove that feature? What lines would I need to remove? I would like to have my sims to be able to assign baristas.
Sorry for disturbing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyaneKitsuki
Thank you for all your work, i really love your mods ♥
I have only one small question about update 21 (the same as Phantomknight)

Code:
UPDATE 21: On owned business lots, only the owner or family of the owner can make/serve espresso on a barista bar now

Is it possible to remove that feature? What lines would I need to remove? I would like to have my sims to be able to assign baristas.
Sorry for disturbing

It looks like that feature has been misunderstood. It only prevents customers and employees from initiating the regular Make/Serve Espresso interactions on the barista bar. The owner or family of the owner can still assign employees.
Instructor
#40 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 11:31 PM
I really want this mod but it conflicts with so many things:

SWCustomersLeaveAfterPurchase (A must-have in my opinion!)
Jobfixes
No Lame Hires
SWEmployee Gardening Controller
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th May 2021 at 5:11 PM
HI Simler90,
First off, thanks so much for this mod - it fixes so much and is basically essential in my view!
However, I've just noticed something happening and I can't work out if it's a feature, a bug or just Maxis weirdness. It might be nothing to do with your mod and I've just never realised that this happens before, but it seems strange nonetheless.
In my game, Darren and Brandi Dreamer have opened a small home business to sell their artworks. I also gave them a shelf with some art supplies on it, reasoning they could probably sell those alongside. The business is currently level 5 and they have three of the wholesale perks. However, whenever anyone restocks the shelves, they do not pay the same low price shown when the 'wholesale mode toggle' is selected for buy mode.
E.g. Brandi's youngest, Bobby, stocked the shelves with the art supplies and was paying $22 each time, which is the regular buy mode price. The wholesale toggle shows that those items should only cost $17. I thought it was perhaps because Bobby is not related to Darren (the business owner), so I checked by getting Brandi to restock the shelves and she also paid $22 per item. Then I got Darren to do it and he paid $20 (slightly less but still not the price shown in wholesale mode).
Like I said, this may be a feature rather than a bug - Brandi and Bobby are not technically employees and Bobby is not related to Darren, but shouldn't them all living in the same house mean they all get to reap the benefits of the business perks? And why wouldn't Darren pay the wholsesale price as the owner?
It's silly and probably not worth your time, I know, but might be worth looking at if you have a minute? For me it's just a bit annoying because these things sell for only $24 at the current price level so despite the business being open for about a week of in game time, I've only just realised that they have basically made zero money from them and might as well just have sold paintings!
Any thoughts?

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:41 PM
It looks like this is related to the Secret Networking rewards from Apartment Life that give your sims the lower/higher cost catalogue prices. It is very likely that your family has one of these effects active which causes these issues. The higher-cost catalogue penalty only lasts 3 days, so it is temporary, but the lower-cost catalogue reward is permanent. These rewards are pretty badly designed from the looks of it. For example, if you have the lower-cost catalogue reward, you can buy an object on any lot you own, and then immediately sell it while your are still in buy mode, and you will actually make a profit. This is outright a cheat. I believe these two networking rewards should be blocked, so I may make a mod that does just that. However, any family that still has the lower-cost catalogue reward will retain the effect, as it is permanent. A separate object needs to be made that cycles through all the families in your game and deletes that reward.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th May 2021 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simler90
It looks like this is related to the Secret Networking rewards from Apartment Life that give your sims the lower/higher cost catalogue prices. It is very likely that your family has one of these effects active which causes these issues. The higher-cost catalogue penalty only lasts 3 days, so it is temporary, but the lower-cost catalogue reward is permanent. These rewards are pretty badly designed from the looks of it. For example, if you have the lower-cost catalogue reward, you can buy an object on any lot you own, and then immediately sell it while your are still in buy mode, and you will actually make a profit. This is outright a cheat. I believe these two networking rewards should be blocked, so I may make a mod that does just that. However, any family that still has the lower-cost catalogue reward will retain the effect, as it is permanent. A separate object needs to be made that cycles through all the families in your game and deletes that reward.

Thanks so much for replying! That actually makes sense - it's very possible that one of them received that reward at some point as they're obviously interacting with a lot of townies at the business. Seems very silly that an AL interaction wouldn't interact well with an OFB interaction, but I guess that's Maxis for you! I just decided to get rid of the shelves with art supplies on and am only selling their paintings now!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th May 2021 at 2:28 PM
I have read through the description of this mod several times but I can't seem to find anything related to my current issue. I am using this mod in my current BACC and I am not sure if this is intended with the mod or not. My Sims will visit a player owned business where they will buy expensive items such as a gold bar for §10,000, and it will be in their inventory when I return to play them. The business owner does get credit for the sale so they don't lose money. The thing that concerns me is that the Sims who buy the items do not actually use any of their own money. This means they have the gold bar that cost §10,000 in their inventory and I can then sell it and make huge amounts of money. I was just wondering if this is related to the mod or something else? Thanks.
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 10:23 AM
Hi! Thank you for this mod. Unfortunately, I've found that this mod doesn't seem to go well with Sun&Moon's mods, particularly the poultry collection: http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10791
When I place an animal from the Sim's inventory (where it is after it has grown up) on the lot, it just vanishes. This issue stops once I remove your mod. Do you have any idea why this is the case and can something be done to fix the issue?

Thank you.
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 3:44 PM
After installing this mod, Florence Delarosa got her home business disappeared.
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 7:32 PM
It would be nice if in the restaurant / bakery business you could sit more than 1 sim at a table, with the possibility of having more than one person from the same family on the lot and being together, to make it more realistic and interesting, it is very boring for open the establishment and have only 1 person per table, in addition to being disorganized.

Futhermore, there is a bug that prevents food purchased in OFB bakeries/restaurants by a controlled sim from being consumed, when they are in the inventory they become just decorative objects.
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 11:18 AM
I have had this mod since update 20 something, but I noticed when I started my integrated hood that the sims dont actually pay for items if I sell it to them as the business owner. Unplayable sims just get items for free. If I visit the business with the sim who are making a purchase they pay for it. Unfortunately had to remove the mod because of this, but im pretty sure it hasnt always been like this. Maybe it changed with an update? Is it possible to make earlier versions of this mod available again?

No matter how I twist and turn it, its still unbalanced. I think it was the same with this mod.

This is what my game looks like now and I think with the mod too
Visiting business lot to make a purchase:
Customer pay 100% of the sales price.
Owner gets around 13% paid.
Owner restocks for 100%.
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NightFrog
I have read through the description of this mod several times but I can't seem to find anything related to my current issue. I am using this mod in my current BACC and I am not sure if this is intended with the mod or not. My Sims will visit a player owned business where they will buy expensive items such as a gold bar for §10,000, and it will be in their inventory when I return to play them. The business owner does get credit for the sale so they don't lose money. The thing that concerns me is that the Sims who buy the items do not actually use any of their own money. This means they have the gold bar that cost §10,000 in their inventory and I can then sell it and make huge amounts of money. I was just wondering if this is related to the mod or something else? Thanks.

I've had the same problem. I guess the problem is SelectableMoneyEffectsOnly addon because after deleting the BusinessMod-AddOn-SelectableMoneyEffectsOnly file, problem is solved.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 9:58 PM
Just wanted to say that it works perfectly now after you updated it:D thank you! I noticed how much I depend on this mod, its definetly the most important one if you want to have sim owned businesses
Page 2 of 3