Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Smeg Head
#76 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 6:33 AM
A Rick Roll, and it's not even April Fools' yet. How thoughtful.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 6:51 PM
Sorry, it was a late April Fools joke.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#78 Old 3rd May 2022 at 1:57 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 3rd May 2022 at 2:49 AM.
Maxis, I'm tired.

Edit: I'm toss out some predications:

- Something nightclub or band/singer related. Bands would be a great way to made some additions to the base game clubs, bars, and lounges.
Owning bars/clubs/lounges would also be good with some extra management features, like drink and/or food menus, themed nights, themed clubs (underground raves, live music, posh lounges, comedy, poolside clubs, etc.), dealing with juiced patrons, hiring entertainment, new dance moves for different music types, new items like pool/billiards, poker tables, dance cages, BOOTHS to sit and eat/drink... a man can dream.

- A refresh for Realm of Magic. I don't think it needed one as badly as the others, but sure.

- A werewolf game pack

- "After Dark" kits. Possibly clothing for dates, or a build kit for clubs/bars/lounges. It could also be a stuff back with all of this in it and some gameplay for online dating or matchmaking? idk

Mad Poster
#79 Old 3rd May 2022 at 2:13 PM
Freeplay has routinely put out better content then the PC version. I assume that because it pulls in more money.

I’m still waiting for the spiral staircases that Freeplay got in 2014.

Mad Poster
#80 Old 3rd May 2022 at 4:12 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 3rd May 2022 at 6:56 PM.
One game pack and two kits.

Based on the video they dropped, it appears to be something family related, something city related, werewolves, and dating related.

Just tell us.

Edit:
Date Night Fashion Kit
Backyard Build (?) Kit
Werewolf Gamepack

Edit: The shadow is of a tree, not a Sim. The Simlish text just says "Please Stand By."

Smeg Head
#81 Old 3rd May 2022 at 9:23 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 3rd May 2022 at 10:18 PM.
Ahhh, the full Moon, and furry-looking shadows creeping down alleyways. Gotta be Fairies, right? Of course it is... Hoooowlll at my fabulous furry fairy wings. Gotta be. Right?

I can see the movie rights to the story already. "An American Furry Fairy in London." Seen many of them? Bet you ain't. The Sims 4 nails it again. Right?

Bet they recycle, repurpose and regurgitate the Yeti outfit. But with steely claws and slavering jowls and sharp fangs... and of course... silvery wings? Wouldn't be Maxis if they didn't. Right?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#82 Old 3rd May 2022 at 9:33 PM
Well if they ever made Fairies, wouldn't it be neat if they somehow tied the Sylvan Glade from the basegame to them in order to actually give you something to do there?
Just kidding, we all know that's not gonna happen. If they ever make fairies they'll be completely separate from the Sylvan Glade.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Smeg Head
#83 Old 3rd May 2022 at 9:35 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 3rd May 2022 at 10:41 PM.
They'll just be Plantsims with wings. Simple is as simple does. The Maxis work ethic.

And don't even think of taking them up the aisle in Weddings pack. Your game, your town, your country will EXPLODE!!!!

Perhaps one of the new Kits will be focused on a "quick divorce settlement" theme, to counteract the potential Armageddon.

But only when it's a full Moon, though. So no rush.

My first mod will be to make a stall that sells silver bullets. There's never enough stalls in TS4. Right? Those damn Furry Fairies!!!

Mad Poster
#84 Old 4th May 2022 at 3:05 AM
I want to say yes, but I also want to say no.

I can assume production has slowed down on many packs due to the pandemic, and quality has also been an issue. Therefore, easier tasks were pushed to the center. Using the rule of "Being Told Information I didn't Ask For), I'll assume EA chose to stop production on stuff packs and to focus on getting other packs out the door, and Kits were introduced to kill in gaps in production. Stuff packs still require gameplay objects, and as we can see, much of the gameplay on offer from 2020-present has been quite buggy. Dropping stuff packs was likely done to reduce the strain on the existing team, but it looks bad.

However, gameplay kits are still a thing, so... or were, and were also dropped temporarily for the same reasons: buggy and used up too many resourced better served for other packs. Kits were probably the easier way to bring in revenue between releases because less testing is required for the features.

Smeg Head
#85 Old 4th May 2022 at 4:08 AM
When you say "Testing," you can almost see a bunch of folks over at Maxis HQ opening up dictionaries, reading, scratching their heads while saying, "that's an actual thing in this industry? Who knew?"

Yeah, they thought that's what the magic (furry) fairies did for them. AKA paying customers.

Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#86 Old 4th May 2022 at 4:18 AM
Seems like Sims 4 Steam sale on now:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+4
Scholar
#87 Old 4th May 2022 at 8:44 AM
Someone explain that new bills system to me please. I saw a screenshot of the bill calculation and that looked interesting about how you can lower utilities bill by generating your own power and collecting and recycling water. But apparently for tax you keep paying tax for objects, not just for the lot? Or was that person renting furniture (not sure if that is an option) maybe? Or does the game keep taxing your bought furniture ? The bills seemed steep for the lot anyway.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 4th May 2022 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I want to say yes, but I also want to say no.

I can assume production has slowed down on many packs due to the pandemic, and quality has also been an issue. Therefore, easier tasks were pushed to the center. Using the rule of "Being Told Information I didn't Ask For), I'll assume EA chose to stop production on stuff packs and to focus on getting other packs out the door, and Kits were introduced to kill in gaps in production. Stuff packs still require gameplay objects, and as we can see, much of the gameplay on offer from 2020-present has been quite buggy. Dropping stuff packs was likely done to reduce the strain on the existing team, but it looks bad.

However, gameplay kits are still a thing, so... or were, and were also dropped temporarily for the same reasons: buggy and used up too many resourced better served for other packs. Kits were probably the easier way to bring in revenue between releases because less testing is required for the features.

A lot of assumptions here. Pandemic? Are they having trouble securing materials? Securing freight? I’m not following how the pandemic is presenting such an issue for them. They don’t deal with 99% of the logistical factors that ARE impacting companies during the pandemic. The fact they have to remote in, on their developer pcs, and do the same work they normally do? Just… at home? Is that REALLY a good excuse? Not really. I don’t even think CA is on a stay-home order anymore, so why is this flimsy excuse still a thing?

Gameplay kits lol. Not a thing. It’s been over a year, and no word on that. Why assume it’s a thing? Because they did it one time and botched it so badly? You still expecting more refreshes?? I’m not meaning to antagonize (maybe a little) but you can’t seriously be under the assumption that these things that were all but locked in a broom closet in an abandoned EA campus building are still actively in the works. GP kits are dead. They released one, then miraculously have went over a year without making another one or even speaking about them. Are we blaming the pandemic for that too? Bc they have no trouble producing content, they just choose to produce low maintenance content because it’s less work for them. Not because the pandemic has made it hard to do.
Alchemist
#89 Old 4th May 2022 at 5:12 PM
No expansion packs in over a year? lol go flop

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#90 Old 5th May 2022 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
A lot of assumptions here. Pandemic? Are they having trouble securing materials? Securing freight? I’m not following how the pandemic is presenting such an issue for them. They don’t deal with 99% of the logistical factors that ARE impacting companies during the pandemic. The fact they have to remote in, on their developer pcs, and do the same work they normally do? Just… at home? Is that REALLY a good excuse? Not really. I don’t even think CA is on a stay-home order anymore, so why is this flimsy excuse still a thing?

Gameplay kits lol. Not a thing. It’s been over a year, and no word on that. Why assume it’s a thing? Because they did it one time and botched it so badly? You still expecting more refreshes?? I’m not meaning to antagonize (maybe a little) but you can’t seriously be under the assumption that these things that were all but locked in a broom closet in an abandoned EA campus building are still actively in the works. GP kits are dead. They released one, then miraculously have went over a year without making another one or even speaking about them. Are we blaming the pandemic for that too? Bc they have no trouble producing content, they just choose to produce low maintenance content because it’s less work for them. Not because the pandemic has made it hard to do.

Many industries have been shifted due to working from home. It's not a radical assumption. I don't work there. I don't know what challenges the team is facing day to day, but I assume the change has shifted things.

That being said, I still expect the team to put their best feet forward. Me acknowledging the team having challenges doesn't change the fact that management should probably do a better job of navigating these challenges to create great products. I'm sure they have fun and they enjoy their jobs, but repackaging content was an issue before covid and it appears to have gotten worse. The content was NEVER THIS buggy until recently.

I'm doing my best to speculate and make sense of it.

Field Researcher
#91 Old 5th May 2022 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
. . . I'm doing my best to speculate and make sense of it.

Me too.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Forum Resident
#92 Old 6th May 2022 at 4:09 PM
Ea just lazy everything sims 2 and sims 3 had could have been in sims 4. The color wheel is one and all the things children could do in sims 2.
Instructor
#93 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 8:24 AM
I'm not sure if this is truly legit or not, but there might be a High School EP in the works.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/06/...s-4-has-leaked/

Real or fake, all I can think is: "Meh."

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#94 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I'm not sure if this is truly legit or not, but there might be a High School EP in the works.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/06/...s-4-has-leaked/

Real or fake, all I can think is: "Meh."

I would be meh also as one of the things that STILL irritates me about 4 is that they never did the teens properly. When my teens sit at dinner with the parents if I did not know who was whom I would not know who the teens are. I rarely play families as this bugs me so much. I dread when a child ages to a teen.
Scholar
#95 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 10:48 PM
A high school pack?

Dare I dream... that there might be a woodwind or brass instrument for band?

No, I best not.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#96 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 11:59 PM
If it's true, high school would make more sense as a GAME pack. And really, another school pack? Yeah not like there's better things that could be made... *yawn*
Instructor
#97 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Dare I dream... that there might be a woodwind or brass instrument for band?
No, I best not.

After all the years I know you've spent pining away for one, there being one (or both) contained within the EP would the sole consolation I would feel for such a pack existing.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#98 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 5:53 PM
Everything High School could have been it won’t be because of the budget lol

Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
If it's true, high school would make more sense as a GAME pack. And really, another school pack? Yeah not like there's better things that could be made... *yawn*

If they're pairing this with re-doing teens so that they're visibly a separate life stage, I could be OK with it. They're probably not, though.
Theorist
#100 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 8:24 PM
So...the question is; will there actually be a mini "High School Campus" world where you go with the teen Sims to do stuff...or will it all be fake, rabbit-hole "features" like that "prom" in Sims 3?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 4 of 48