Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#9801 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 5:57 PM
Today I have discovered that the "Wobbly Wabbit Head" is a really weird object that likes to turn around on its own. I've always wondered why it would become un-interactable, and now I have found out why! It's alive!!! How are these toddlers not afraid of it!?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9802 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Today I have discovered that the "Wobbly Wabbit Head" is a really weird object that likes to turn around on its own. I've always wondered why it would become un-interactable, and now I have found out why! It's alive!!! How are these toddlers not afraid of it!?

It has always done this-and there is a fix for the problem by Pescado, of course.
kids don't notice until they want to play with it..then they'll whine forever and a day about it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9803 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 7:14 PM
The stay-things shrub doesn't keep custom paintings.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9804 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The stay-things shrub doesn't keep custom paintings.
It doesn't keep fireplaces either, which, when you consider they might be attached to a three-storey high brick built chimney, would in real life be one of the hardest things to remove.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#9805 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 10:49 PM
Social Bunny will automatically raise your social need even if you don't interact with it... but it will also lower your comfort motive as long as you don't interact with it. Makes sense, that would make you uncomfortable

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Scholar
#9806 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 10:42 PM
Watching people playing the Sims 2, I learned that this game actually had a swatch tool and a roof angle adjuster...
The latter must be from a late EP? I don't recall that being a thing when I played prior to the UC, which was when Seasons was the latest EP, I think?
Mad Poster
#9807 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 10:51 PM
It came with M&G, to much rejoicing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9808 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 2:28 AM
Not a in game discovery but back when I was looking for my Sims 2 discs to prepare for Hurricane Ian, I discovered I had been collecting Sims 3 disc. I have about half of them. Which led me to a couple of other discoveries.
1. Most of the Sims 3 downloads can't be found.
2. Here at MTS the sims 3 forum is dead (meaning no one talks in there).

But I have to admit @simsample, did answer my question. Thank you, again.
Link Ninja
#9809 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 5:28 PM
I don't know how I missed this fact but Sunrader informed me there is actually a limit on how many times you can lay down and delete terrain within a lot!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
#9810 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 8:02 PM
I noticed that sim can actually fail to join to the secret society. The limo came, member of the soiety jumped out but he had no room to abduct my sim so the limo leave without her
Mad Poster
#9811 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 2:50 PM
This is not really a game related discovery, but it was a hilarious moment!

We went home to visit family in the summer and we stayed in an AirBnB. When we arrived we realised that although the listing had said 1x double room 1x twin room, we actually had 2x doubles so I asked the owner if it could be changed. He came over to do that and he looked really familiar. It has been bothering me for months wondering who he looked like/how I knew him (I thought maybe he was an old customer of my ex, a friend of my mother's, etc), and today I booted up an old neighbourhood and was playing a family, and I realised that it was a sim!

The sim in question is a really keen businessman, always acquiring more businesses and improving them and trying to make as much money as he possibly can, and I got this distinct impression from the AirBnB owner as well - nice car, nicely dressed, several properties on his portfolio, different finance/property development books in the house and when I googled him (trying to work out how I knew him) he was the owner of another local business.

It was really funny and made me think

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#9812 Old 23rd Oct 2022 at 7:55 PM
I finally figured out how to get my game to work on my new MacBook. Just decided to google it again today because I know my old Mac is on its last legs and there was the answer. I only had to change one Display setting: change the Refresh rate from ProMotion to 60 Hertz. And voila, it worked. Of course then it took me eons to transfer my neighborhood saves and downloads folder from the old computer to the new one, and it broke my megahood because I have to go redo all the subhood fixes now, but it was worth it to know I can keep playing the Sims indefinitely!
Link Ninja
#9813 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 5:12 PM
I wasn't playing but watch ChocolateCitySims stream her game and didn't know you could ADD (cc-free) lots to the game WHILE it was already loaded. If the lot has cc the cc won't show up, naturally but the lot will show up in the lot bin!!!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#9814 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 5:49 PM
Well I didn't play but this video showed up in my sub box and (it should start where I mean) https://youtu.be/0n8xrzsWG7c?t=140 Kids can interact with BABIES?! Why did I never know this, omg?! I'm going to have to try this out!

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#9815 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 3:19 AM
Just one of those "little things" I guess. I have 2 sims fighting over the same love interest and they got into an altercation. One of them was gearing up for round two of the fight and she cracked her knuckles and I actually heard her knuckles crack.
Mad Poster
#9816 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 3:41 AM
I waatched the video after marking it for watching later and it was funny and brought back menories of playing on the older computer before installing UC on this one and also when I used ot play vanilla.
Field Researcher
#9817 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 11:46 PM
That when your fish die they actually float to the surface of the tank
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9818 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 11:26 AM
Since this may be useful for face template creators/interesting for people who like to play in CAS, I thought I'd share this info that I spent (HOURS) digging up last night and this morning. It's a cross reference of how the main face archetypes correspond to the individual face-part archetypes in CAS. (When you click on the section for nose, eyes, etc) Doesn't apply to Body shop as they are all there. It does pull the info from custom face templates, I checked that too. Non-default face templates do not get any face parts represented in CAS.

https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...555&postcount=5

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#9819 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 10:12 AM
I just had mym Sims receive a free meal restaurant coupon in the mail! With two babies on the way and not much money to go around, this will make a lovely outing for the Salt family. Never had it happen before and it was a lovely surprise!
Lab Assistant
#9820 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 5:28 AM
Good to know for future reference: When naming a grandchild after a grandparent, make sure the grandparent is dead or give the kid a middle name so your other sims know who they are chatting with on the computer.... and of course using simblender (both same names and no reference of which to click, doh!)

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Mad Poster
#9821 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 9:28 AM
I discivered that with a UI replacement matching my Pleasantview game that my community lot loading popup had a horse drawn carriage for the taxi instead of the usual model and that my sims have to fetch water from wells in my Modded historcal game unless they have an object overriding the fetching water on that lot.
Lab Assistant
#9822 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 9:54 PM
This interaction:
Ask... --> Do You Need A Ride Home?

It only appears when you're on a date with someone on a community lot and your sim drove their own car. And all it does is that the date ends, and your sim & their date both get into the car and drive off, then your sim shows back up at home by themself. So functionally, it's exactly the same as just ending the date and going home, but I always felt like it was a little awkward to just drive off and leave someone on the community lot once a date was over, right? So it's nice to have this interaction to just add a little bit of realism and I'm going to try to use it more often. It just seems polite to offer them a ride back
Instructor
#9823 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 11:58 PM
Not while playing, but my copy of Happy Holiday Stuff came in the mail today and upon opening it I was startled to learn there was no serial code printed on the guide booklet in the box. I then found a thread on here from 2007 saying that there isn't one. I was so worried I'd been scammed!
Mad Poster
#9824 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 10:06 PM Last edited by TadOlson : 18th Dec 2022 at 5:26 AM.
I discovered that some newly downloaded CC looks like it's fits in perfectly with my Pleasantview town map.
Screenshots
Scholar
#9825 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 7:40 PM
Jennifer Burb is an elder who became The Law, or the highest level of the Law career. She then ran in the most recent election to become Judge, which is in the Politics career, and won, so I had her retire from her law career and then used the Sim blender to set her as a Judge in the politics career. Here is what I discovered. Even though it's an adult job, it's set up as an elder job, so not only will she get her full salary from being a judge, but she'll still get her huge pension from the career she retired from. Which is great for Jennifer, because she loves money more than anything.
Page 393 of 442