Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Sunburns V10a (flerb update!)

by flerb Posted 21st Feb 2018 at 10:24 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2023 at 4:34 AM by flerb : update

520 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 404 Feedback Posts, 115 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 21
Lab Assistant
#426 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 8:11 PM
Hi! Do you think you could make the "give sunburn immunity" into a shift click option instead?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#427 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alena_lya
This mod has ceased to conflict with the mod SimRealist Mortem?

I don't know about that? I think they said that was resolved a while ago. At any rate since I started using the XML injector in 2019 there should be no conflicts with any other mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#428 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannePlays
Hi! Do you think you could make the "give sunburn immunity" into a shift click option instead?

In the soon to be finished V10 I've added a skintone detection system that makes the sunburn immunity irrelevant. I.E. darker skinned sims have a much less effect form the sun, might tan but will never burn. I might put it back where it once was tho as a reward trait, instead of a pie menu option.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#429 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by copo1
Skin bar disappeared when my Sim become spellcaster.

there's no way to have more than one of those long motive bars at a time unfortunately, without breaking the UI. Me and scumbumbo tried altering the actionscript and UI way back in 2018 maybe, trying to add more motives. It's just a simple list in the code. I got close but then the game wouldn't load at all lol. apparently it checks that part of the code for alterations as a fail safe.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#430 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:08 PM
Thanks so much for the update. This is one of my favorite mods.
Test Subject
#431 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 8:48 AM
I just discovered your mod 2 days ago and I love it as it adds some reality to the game! I‘m already looking forward for V10. On a side note: Are you thinking of adding a German version in the future?
Test Subject
#432 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 11:15 PM
Default 9.9J older than 9.9i?
The files for 9.9J have a modified date of 2020-06-03 in the zip. That's older than 9.9i, which is dated 2020-06-13. Is June 3 the expected date when 9.9J was finished?
Field Researcher
#433 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 5:03 AM
So, I have a question: What exactly is not working about the aloe plant? Because although it isn't easy to find in buy mode anymore(I seem to recall you have to search with debug on) I have found and planted it recently. It grows and can be harvested and serves it's purpose when ingested. There is some weirdness, namely it disappears and goes dormant in winter, but still continues to grow harvestable aloe which floats in the air where it would be if the plant were there. It's strange and obviously broken, but nothing game breaking and still serves it's purpose.
Is there some other way it's broken that I'm just not seeing in my game?
Field Researcher
#434 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 12:11 AM
And on another note. Really weird thing that I just realized. Before this most recent update where you removed the Vitamin D tracker from the UI my spellcasters have had both the normal spellcaster UI and the sun exposure meter. I think my vampires have as well, but it's been long enough since I've played them that I don't recall for sure. Anyways, just thought it worth mentioning. Maybe I have another mod that was somehow letting things function with both?
In fact I'm already missing being able to quickly check how at risk my sims were for sunburn and Vitamin D deficiency.
Instructor
#435 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 1:39 PM
Hello Flerb.

Maybe I'm stupid but I don't have this motive display ;( The moodlets are ok like morning sun and more. I have installed all correctly and my sim is no occult. What's wrong?

It would be great if you can help

Best regards from Austria
Field Researcher
#436 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Hello Flerb.

Maybe I'm stupid but I don't have this motive display ;( The moodlets are ok like morning sun and more. I have installed all correctly and my sim is no occult. What's wrong?

It would be great if you can help

Best regards from Austria

Flerb removed the motive display in 9.9j is that the version you have? If you have 9.9i or older it should be there unless you are playing a spellcaster or vampire.
Field Researcher
#437 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 10:49 PM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 16th Aug 2020 at 11:22 PM.
Default Pics or it didn't happen...
I'm back again. I rolled back to 9.9i and snapped a screenshot of what I was talking about. This is a Spellcaster UI with the Vitamin D motive. I don't know what about my game is making this possible, probably some code from another mod. I can start doing some 50/50 checks to look, but no promises how long it will take since I'm about to start my work week. I figure it might help find a way to make it happen in everyone's game instead of just mine if you still wanted to go that route.
What I found while I was checking real quick is that this happens with Spellcasters and all the occults(not surprising as the others don't have an extra motive) except Vampires. This makes sense as I recall that Vampires do not have the Vitamin D defficancy functionality anymore because you removed it, so they may not have even been coded to have the Vtamin D motive in ages.

[EDIT]: Nevermind. Just tried with nothing in, but 9.9i and the xml injector and it's still there. Wonder what it is about my game...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#438 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by undercoveryankee
The files for 9.9J have a modified date of 2020-06-03 in the zip. That's older than 9.9i, which is dated 2020-06-13. Is June 3 the expected date when 9.9J was finished?

I probably added translations to 9.9i
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#439 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
I'm back again. I rolled back to 9.9i and snapped a screenshot of what I was talking about. This is a Spellcaster UI with the Vitamin D motive. I don't know what about my game is making this possible, probably some code from another mod. I can start doing some 50/50 checks to look, but no promises how long it will take since I'm about to start my work week. I figure it might help find a way to make it happen in everyone's game instead of just mine if you still wanted to go that route.
What I found while I was checking real quick is that this happens with Spellcasters and all the occults(not surprising as the others don't have an extra motive) except Vampires. This makes sense as I recall that Vampires do not have the Vitamin D defficancy functionality anymore because you removed it, so they may not have even been coded to have the Vtamin D motive in ages.

[EDIT]: Nevermind. Just tried with nothing in, but 9.9i and the xml injector and it's still there. Wonder what it is about my game...

I've never tested the motive display with the magic stuff (in fact i still haven't even played the magic stuff in game lol) I removed it entirely in V9.9J as you noted in another comment. In V10 I'm going to be re-working how the skin motive shows and this should account for all the new supernatural traits added to the game. Right now it only plays well with the vampires. I'll probably make the skin motive into an addon because altho it is not needed, it's nice to see while playing. BTW the vitamin D motive is so slow it's essentially useless for play purposes, the buffs tell you all the information needed. Also the vitamin D system works a little differently so it's not just one commodity anymore, but sort of two, a true vitamin D level and a buffer, just like in the real world it takes more time for sun exposure to cause skin to create vitamin D.
Field Researcher
#440 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
I've never tested the motive display with the magic stuff (in fact i still haven't even played the magic stuff in game lol) I removed it entirely in V9.9J as you noted in another comment. In V10 I'm going to be re-working how the skin motive shows and this should account for all the new supernatural traits added to the game. Right now it only plays well with the vampires. I'll probably make the skin motive into an addon because altho it is not needed, it's nice to see while playing. BTW the vitamin D motive is so slow it's essentially useless for play purposes, the buffs tell you all the information needed. Also the vitamin D system works a little differently so it's not just one commodity anymore, but sort of two, a true vitamin D level and a buffer, just like in the real world it takes more time for sun exposure to cause skin to create vitamin D.

Definitely excited to see V10 when it comes out. In the meantime I'm playing with 9.9i since my sims are prehistoric and can't buy sunblock so I like being able to keep an eye on how much danger they're in at a quick glance. They get sunburns of course, but I can gage how soon before I absolutely need to send them in for a while with 9.9i.
Test Subject
#441 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 3:46 AM
I'm not sure if theirs something wrong with this mod or my game is completely broken or i missed some way to make this work but i put this mod along with the XML Injector by itself and created a whole new game and its not working. No motive display for it at all as if the mod isn't there. I absolutely love this mod and have been using it since it was posted. My game is not complete without it lol.
Instructor
#442 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 12:03 PM
@NikkiP94

This version does not come with a motive display
Test Subject
#443 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
@NikkiP94

This version does not come with a motive display

Well that explains it lol. Thanks so much
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#444 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 12:14 AM
Hey everyone, I have Version 10 beta finished!!! Come help me beta test it on Patreon. I will release it for free later this month once any potential bugs are squished.
I'm going to be messing around with the motive displays again, and probably make it an addon if i can't get it to work properly. Version10 beta has a skin motive only.

https://www.patreon.com/flerb
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#445 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 11:15 AM
Enjoy V10 y'all!! I'm so thrilled it's finally out. If you find any bugs just let me know here and I'll squash em.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#446 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 10:50 PM
This looks great, although I do have a question. Are there commands or something to disable a feature you don't want. I love the suntanning but I don't want to have to worry about my simmies getting cancer :'(
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#447 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SailorEffinMoon
This looks great, although I do have a question. Are there commands or something to disable a feature you don't want. I love the suntanning but I don't want to have to worry about my simmies getting cancer :'(

it's an addon package so you can leave it out of your game (sorry it should probably say that in the description lol)
Instructor
#448 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:14 PM
OMG, this update is soooo fantastic. I love that oily skin after applying sunscreen, my sims look sooo amazing. Also I love the feature with the motive display and how sims apply the sunscreens. The mod is working perfect without any LEs and/or errors.

Thank you soo much for your work, this mod deserves many, many downloads

Lovely regards from Austria and pls. stay safe and healthy
Lab Assistant
#449 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
it's an addon package so you can leave it out of your game (sorry it should probably say that in the description lol)

hi Flerb!

This mod is A MA Z I N G, however, it has the same problem beta release had at the beginning: showers doesn't display animations. My sim is taking a shower and the water animations doesn't start.

Thank you much por this new update! I'm enjoying it like a child.
Lab Assistant
#450 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 11:52 PM
Hi Flerb!
Here you have the spanish translation for this mod!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Automatic Sunburns_SPA.zip (20.6 KB, 4 downloads)
Page 18 of 21