Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Sunburns V10a (flerb update!)

by flerb Posted 21st Feb 2018 at 10:24 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2023 at 4:34 AM by flerb : update

520 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 404 Feedback Posts, 115 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 21
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#451 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 6:36 PM
Thank you for this Mod! I have a quick question and I'm sorry if i might have missed it. my sims is always getting the Dangerously exhausted moodlet due to low vitiam D. It doesn't go away even when i have them stand outside for hours. It is Winter in game if that makes a difference. Is there something they can do or take that helps with this?
Test Subject
#452 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 6:15 AM
please translate the mod into Russian!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#453 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by unnoticed
Thank you for this Mod! I have a quick question and I'm sorry if i might have missed it. my sims is always getting the Dangerously exhausted moodlet due to low vitiam D. It doesn't go away even when i have them stand outside for hours. It is Winter in game if that makes a difference. Is there something they can do or take that helps with this?

Are they getting the sun and vitamin D buffs when outside? If they're out in full sun for around 2 hours they will get a 'healthy dose of vitaminD" moodlet that slowly raises their vitamin D levels.

There were always plans to incorporate types of food to get vit D like milk for instance. I never found a good way to do it that wouldn't interfere with tons of other mods tho.

the sun machine can give vitamin D.

You can always use the SHIFT+click automatic sunburn cheats interaction to set a sim's vitamin D to max.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#454 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marquillotuca89
hi Flerb!

This mod is A MA Z I N G, however, it has the same problem beta release had at the beginning: showers doesn't display animations. My sim is taking a shower and the water animations doesn't start.

Thank you much por this new update! I'm enjoying it like a child.

Wow thanks for pointing this out!! somehow I managed to pack the beta version for MTS instead of the final version when adding in a translation!! I'm happy to add people's translations but it almost always causes problems through some dumb mistake of my own. I didn't notice because I have the unpacked version in my mods folder so it's easy to edit should any bugs show up.
Lab Assistant
#455 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
Wow thanks for pointing this out!! somehow I managed to pack the beta version for MTS instead of the final version when adding in a translation!! I'm happy to add people's translations but it almost always causes problems through some dumb mistake of my own. I didn't notice because I have the unpacked version in my mods folder so it's easy to edit should any bugs show up.

Don't worry hahaha

Besides that, the mod worked really well.
Instructor
#456 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 4:14 PM
Thanks for the update, Flerb
Test Subject
#457 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 8:45 PM
Hello Flerb! Have you ever thought of adding an addon for those who, like me, would like to tan even the occult like vampires? I almost always play with vampires and despite having your mod, I can never exploit it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#458 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heron81
Hello Flerb! Have you ever thought of adding an addon for those who, like me, would like to tan even the occult like vampires? I almost always play with vampires and despite having your mod, I can never exploit it

That's a fun idea. There's a few tests that disable occults and an addon could be easy to shut those tests off. Altho, your vampires would still burn up in the sun from EA's stuff lol... Or wait, aren't there some vampires that can become tolerant to sunlight? And maybe the sunmachine could be safe for vampires? I'll see what I can do, it's a fun idea.
Test Subject
#459 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 12:21 AM
it would be fun to have my Alien Sims to Suntan
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#460 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 7:45 PM Last edited by garixer : 29th Sep 2020 at 8:57 PM.
Hey, is there any way you could add Vitamin D as pills so sims could easier increase their Vitamin D levels during winter?
Test Subject
#461 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 12:30 AM
Flerb, I got this last exception, reported it on MCCC Discord and Kuttoe told me you might be interested in it because it concerns Automatic Sunburn. (Hope I've done it right.)
Test Subject
#462 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 2:36 AM
I downloaded the mod and almost everything works great. I just have an issue, I can't find the suntannig machine, where can I find it? Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#463 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 10:47 AM
That's a fun idea. There's a few tests that disable occults and an addon could be easy to shut those tests off. Altho, your vampires would still burn up in the sun from EA's stuff lol... Or wait, aren't there some vampires that can become tolerant to sunlight? And maybe the sunmachine could be safe for vampires? I'll see what I can do, it's a fun idea.

Oh yes! Please!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#464 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alicejanepd
I downloaded the mod and almost everything works great. I just have an issue, I can't find the suntannig machine, where can I find it? Thank you so much!!

You know what I don't know either! lol I always just searched "Sun Machine" when testing. It was a clone of a shower, so it's probably in there with the showers, i can't remember if i ever changed any of the catalog flags. This is actually the 4th iteration of the sun machine and the original was created almost 2 years ago. If it's not in with the showers, I also needed to clone parts of the walk in closet so it might be wherever that is in the catalog. (as a player I still don't know my way around the catalog and always use the search)

for an update i'll be sure to put it somewhere in the catalog that makes sense.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#465 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 4:47 AM
FYI this might need a small update after the latest patch, Only the skintones addon would be affected, and possibly some new skintones (if there are any) will be set to default by the skintone system. I am not sure, haven't had the chance to check. I am currently in the middle of a big home improvement project so It may be a few days before I can check out the mod.
Test Subject
#466 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 9:10 PM
what a great mod. thank you so much for all of the work that you put in for us.
Test Subject
#467 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 9:17 PM
how does this affect custom EA default skin tones that were already installed? should i remove them?

ps. if you dont want to be asked this question a lot, i recommend answering it/adding it to the mod details page.

thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
#468 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 11:27 AM
It seems that the Island Living pack aspiration does not work with this mod.
Test Subject
#469 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 8:50 PM
the "skin" motive icon isn't showing up. it shows the error llama icon instead. I've tried repairing my game and it didn't work. anyone else with this problem?
Test Subject
#470 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 4:50 AM
This doesn't work as of 10/28/20. My sim spent hours in the sun and no skin change (tan or burn) at all. But skilled at Tanning skill 3. Also don't see option for ordering tanning supplies on computer.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#471 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:29 AM
I removed it from my Mods folders because it was giving LE's.
Top Secret Researcher
#472 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 12:29 AM
This mod has been working for me up until the new patch, 1.68, which I have yet to test to see if it works with it. So if you're patched to 1.67 this mod still works fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#473 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 7:19 AM
Hey y'all. I have been away from the sims for over a month. I'm updating the game and I'll check out what issues there may be soon.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#474 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:54 PM
Hey y'all. I have been away from the sims for over a month. I'm updating the game and I'll check out what issues there may be soon.

Thanks flerb!
Field Researcher
#475 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:56 PM
Btw, is there any way to disallow Servo having the skin bar?
Page 19 of 21