Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hidden Skills Unhidden

by gobot101 Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 4:44 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2013 at 11:05 PM by gobot101

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Forum Resident
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by log163
i tried this with generations and the only other mods i had installed were windows/deco etc. and my skill list on sims said that the sims had no skills but they could still do everything they could before (skill related actions)

I get the same issue, what i think is intresting though is that the new skill Hopscotch is visible but no other, it looks like already known skills is not "seen" by the mod.
So i think it both work and do not work for Generations, it might work for newly created sims that do not have any skills but not for ones that have maxed skills already.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:08 PM
I don't know what is causing that, but when I can I will look into it. I'm right now trying to figure out what is causing my game to crash every time I put my cursor over a fridge. Did a complete reinstall of all the games, go to turn the game on to test, and the monitor on the computer I have Sims 3 on died (though, I had been expecting this to happen for a while now). So, I can't do anything now, but the second I get a new monitor, I'll start seeing if I can figure that out.
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:43 AM
I ran into a rather peculiar problem with this mod. I'm running the base game, version 1.22.9

When I run this mod, rather than unhiding hidden skills, it does the exact opposite. It basically hides ALL of my skills. When looking under the skills tab, it tells me my Sim doesn't know any skills. I know that the skills are there, they're still getting points and skill ups, and can even use them in some cases. For example, she was able to get the option to upgrade the shower to Self-Cleaning, even though it said she doesn't have any skills.

Where it gets really frustrating is that I had her learn some new recipes, but she wasn't getting the option to make them at the refrigerator. I did a run down, removing mods one at a time to see which might be causing an issue and this mod was the glitch. So it's either a conflict with one of my other mods, or this mod needs updating?

Just thought I'd let you know! I'll check back in, I'd really like to use this mod =)
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:03 AM
there's air guitar???? buh!? how!? where!?
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:08 PM
It doesn't work anymore with generations, or with the update patch 1.22 (base game), 2.17 (WA), 3.13 (HEL), 4.10 (AMB), 5.8 (FL), 6.5 (LN), 7.3 (OLS) or GEN (8.0)
So if you got time, it would be verry appriciated if you could make it work again.
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:53 PM
I can confirm this that it also isnt working with the 1.22 update.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reiks
I can confirm this that it also isnt working with the 1.22 update.

This may sound stupid, but did you use the old one or the new one that says its been updated for generations?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:56 PM
Finally got a new monitor so I was able to work on this. It's working for me now, so redownload the file and it should work again. It was made with base game version 1.21 and Generations installed. I haven't patched up to 1.22 again yet because when I did last week, it gave me a major bug with fridges, so I'm going to wait a bit before I update to that. If you have version 1.22 and this doesn't work, let me know and I'll update my game and go from there.
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 3:15 PM
Tried it out, and it seems to work fine on my 1.22 version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 12:53 PM
^ I can concur working with all EPs and SPs up to and including Gen with base game 1.22
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:52 PM
Thanks for the timely update. I had been digging through so many mods figuring out why my Skill list shows no skill. Turned out the old version of this mod is causing it.
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:39 PM
yes same issue here, it does not show your sims skills even though you are earning skills
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 7:41 PM
You are FANTASTIC! Thank you forever for this awesome, awesome mod. I mean it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:34 AM
Does anyone know if this works with patch 1.24?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 3:43 AM
awesome! new skills for my sims FTW!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 5:14 PM
Ok, not trying to flame or anything, just asking, can this be in a .zip? I don't have that .rar stuff. If you can't, no big, I'm fine, just asking so that this may be around to a bigger public.
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ianw98
Ok, not trying to flame or anything, just asking, can this be in a .zip? I don't have that .rar stuff. If you can't, no big, I'm fine, just asking so that this may be around to a bigger public.

Download 7-Zip, it's free
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:05 PM
And just to be open, I personally have stopped using this mod, I felt that there were way too many skills unhidden (and when you have a sim that has points in almost every single skill, the journal is a little annoying). However, recently I have thought about using it again, but making a slimmed down version, where only a few skills are unhidden. Would anyone be interested in me sharing that? If you'd be interested in it, leave a comment, and list which skills you feel are needed to be unhidden.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:03 PM
Hey! One question.

New skills in pets expansion?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:28 PM
So this won't let me look at the progression of Wildlife skill? Cause that would be useful. If you could unhide that I would appreciate it Otherwise, thank you very much for this mod.
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:27 AM Last edited by Simsclicker : 30th Oct 2011 at 7:00 AM. Reason: Got more info
Default Wildlife Skills?
I was kind of wondering the same thing that Zombehcat was, knowing the wildlife skill would be very helpful in the game.
I know you mentioned that you had issues with the Generations skills and stated you didn't unhide them for fear of the same issue.
Someone else did and it appears to be fine: Faster Skills + Hidden Skills by ClaudiaSharon I just didn't want my skills to go faster.

Anyway, thought I'd beg for the pet skill along with Zombehcat... and let you know that the waters don't appear dangerous.
Great Mod BTW!

EDIT: I just found out that I can view the pet skill level with Twallan's Master Controller. I can't exactly view what actions raise the level, but at least I can see it. Anyway, thanks for making such a great mod available to the public!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 12:01 PM
Wildlifefriend skill for sims and trick skill for dogs are unhidden now. If anyone has an issues with it, let me know. =]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 3:02 PM
Love it
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:33 AM
I have the Pets and Ambitions expansion packs. The hidden skills Chess and Wildlife showed up when I installed this mod, but none of the other hidden skills are showing. Is there a way to fix this?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#50 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:08 PM
Have you engaged in any activities that have hidden skills? You also have to engage in them long enough to have gained one skill point before they show up.
Page 2 of 7