Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hidden Skills Unhidden

by gobot101 Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 4:44 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2013 at 11:05 PM by gobot101

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 8:33 AM
Thank you.
Test Subject
#52 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:16 PM
I had to uninstall this because it gave my game lots of glitches. First, my butler got stuck and I had to reset her. Then, I tried to hire a new butler but they never showed up. Since I didn't have a butler, I used the ordering foods mod but the delivery person stopped at the entryway and wouldn't come in. Then I tried going to the consignment shop which was right across the street. It was the middle of the day so it was open but there was no option to sell. I tried buy and the interaction automatically canceled. So, I tried browse. The owner came over and nothing happened. So I canceled the interaction. I tried to leave but my sim was stuck and I reset her. At home I made her cook, which is when I noticed she had no skills showing up. She at least had some photography skills before. This was the only mod I'd downloaded before this happened. Do I need a certain patch? I haven't been able to get the one for generations.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 3:33 PM
You do have to have the most recent patch for the base game, which is currently 1.29.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#54 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 3:00 AM
It is possible to add icons to these skills?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 7:09 AM
It probably would be, but I don't know how to do that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:15 AM
I looked forever to find a hidden skills mod that would work with my game and I finally found yours! YAY!!!! Thank you so much!!!

I do have one question though. Are you going to update the mod to include the new patch - 1.31 and the new EP-SHT?

I've already patched up and the mod still works, but I didn't know if it needed to be updated to include the SHT hidden skills or not. Just wondering.

Again Thank you so much for the mod
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:01 AM
I will be updating it for Showtime. I decided rather than checking to see if all my mods needed updating for 1.31, I would just wait until I got Showtime and do everything then; made more sense to me.

And with luck, I should have Showtime before week's end.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:25 AM
I am having the same issue as the poster above me. I installed the mod (I have no other mods) and it made all of my skills disappear. I have the Base game, Late Night, Ambitions and Generations installed (along with some stuffpacks). I'm not sure what the issue is.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:59 AM
Did you just download this today?
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:20 PM
Glad you updated, as I love this mod and it was borking my game. Just to let you know, there is indeed golfing in Showtime. I haven't tried it yet, but it is there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:22 PM
Oh, that is quite interesting. UPS needs to hurry up and get here with my game then haha.
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Treeman : 9th Mar 2012 at 10:03 PM.
They came out with another patch called 1.32, I interested in this mod and I have no doubt you will update it as soon as you can.

If there is a will, there is a way!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:30 AM
I hope this works with the Showtime skills -- I'd really like to be able to keep track of how I'm progressing.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#64 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:14 AM Last edited by Naus Allien : 12th Mar 2012 at 7:23 AM.
Is there a way to add icons and change the descriptions? I don't mind to do it by myself but I need some help, maybe a tutorial?

Edit: Well, I tried to add icons by creating packages with IMAG resources, then adding the name between <IconKey></IconKey>, <DreamsAndPromisesIcon></DreamsAndPromisesIcon> & <SkillUIIcon></SkillUIIcon>, similar to the original standard skills but the game didn't show them up, at all. I tried in different ways but with no good results. I couldn't find the description either. If you know how to do these things, please send me a PM, because I'm very interested in adding some skills with descriptions and images, specially the Showtime's professions related (singing, magic, acrobat/performer).
Test Subject
#65 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:46 PM
I want to make a suggestion, could you make a picture or a symbol for every hidden skills, it would make it more interesting
Test Subject
#66 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 5:36 AM
does the 1.32 compatible version also work with 1.31 patch or do I need to ask/beg/plead for the 1.31 compatible version?
Forum Resident
#67 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 10:53 AM
Any XML mod that woks with 1.31 will work with 1.32 and 1.33.
Inventor
#68 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:39 AM
I've linked to your thread from my skill gain thread, I hope that's okay. I had a few asking for your type of mod..

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 3:52 AM
This doesn't seem to work for me, not sure if it clashes with another mod or not but nothing shows up at all for any of my hidden skills.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 4:56 PM
It may be conflicting with another mod. I'm not having any issues with it right now. You might want to go through your mods and see if you have any that affect skills.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:48 AM
Thanks! Installed it and had zero problems! I've been waiting forever for another hidden skills mod!
Test Subject
#72 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:14 PM
I have a problem with this mod, my skills dont show up anymore, i know i have them i erased this mod and a bunch of other ones and it still wont work it only shows my cooking skill! what to i do?HEEEEEELP!!!!!!
Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 5:39 PM
nevermind, turns out all my skills got reset...i had to learn them all again, also my skill journals got reset.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 10:52 AM
Does this just change the line in the _xml resouce 'skills' from <Hidden>True</Hidden> to <Hidden>False</Hidden> for all the hidden skills? Or are there more changes/additions?
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 9:20 AM
The hidden DJ turntable skill is apparently only supposed to be 1-5 but according to "skill level" on Nraas Mastercontroller it's 1-10. Now karaoke has this problem as well but the real issue is that once I unintentionally reach level 6 on DJ turntable I lose the ability to play for tips anymore and other sims stop requesting for a change in music. Initially I believed it was an MC issue but after doing some trial-and-error I managed to isolate that it was actually this mod responsible for increasing the skill cap. *Please fix I do love using this mod*
Page 3 of 7