Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Missing Auto Soils (Plasma Fruit, Carrot & more)

by Sims MX Posted 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:09 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2013 at 1:39 AM by Sims MX

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#26 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 1:18 PM
YIPPIE!!! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 8:15 PM
FYI - When I Exported my lot, and ran through Custard. The lots sub-type description and png. description read "SimsMxMissingSoilAutoPlants". Thought mod would stay in my game and not transfer? Thanks. Otherwise love it.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 9:57 PM
Is this compatible with 1.38?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro
FYI - When I Exported my lot, and ran through Custard. The lots sub-type description and png. description read "SimsMxMissingSoilAutoPlants". Thought mod would stay in my game and not transfer? Thanks. Otherwise love it.

Yea, this is an odd one--the autosoils actually showed as package files with the blue folder icon in-game, not as simple recats; so I avoided using them in any lots I upload, for fear of Custard pointing them out. I figured they'd do that; you just confirmed my suspicions.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 4:53 PM
Hey Sims MX,

even though the site alerts me that you haven't logged in for a while ... I still wanna express my thanks! I've always wondered about EA's hiding of debug items even when in debug mode. So thank you very much!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Yea, this is an odd one--the autosoils actually showed as package files with the blue folder icon in-game, not as simple recats; so I avoided using them in any lots I upload, for fear of Custard pointing them out. I figured they'd do that; you just confirmed my suspicions.

That would be because these AREN'T simple recats. The auto soils available in this thread DON'T EXIST in the game. EA never included them. These have been created by SimsMX so technically are custom content even if they pull and use game code.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 3:11 AM
Sorry and Thanks didn't realize that. But thanyou big time for creating this.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro

I'm using 1.42 and it's just fine.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 6:37 AM
The pumpkins introduced in seasons ep are also missing autosoil. It's especially annoying if you are trying to build your own seasonal festival lot. May I suggest adding pumpkins autosoil to this mod?
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 9:47 PM Last edited by Sims MX : 3rd Jan 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Seasons did include a pumpkin autosoil.

Edit: I edited the description in the OP, the files haven't changed so there's no need to redownload.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 11:30 PM
does this need to updated to 1.47?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#37 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 2:15 AM
Thank you so much for the Forbidden Fruit one!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daciasil
The pumpkins introduced in seasons ep are also missing autosoil. It's especially annoying if you are trying to build your own seasonal festival lot. May I suggest adding pumpkins autosoil to this mod?

They're in buydebug! All of them from base game to university!

open the cheat console and type in TestingCheatsEnabled True and the BuyDebug On.
go to sort by category in buy mode and click the ? icon
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 2:06 AM
It works with patch 1.55?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 2:36 PM
Whenever I plant the plasma and forbidden fruit one the soils refuse to grow and have disappeared after reloading the game? The weird thing is that my game also does this for the herbs that are included in University.. Any tips?
Also, thank you so much for these!
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:40 AM
Whenever I use one of these auto soils, some of them just come up as a dirt mound & never grow or anything. Nothing I do seems to help. Any suggestions as to what this could be? It doesn't do it to all of them, just some of them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:47 PM
My lemon and purple eggplant are not working properly either. Seems like each person has a different one that is bugging out. Funny enough the thumbnail on the broken ones looks distorted
Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 11:29 PM
how would I go about adding some custom plants that I have added to my game.

Tofu Plant.
Links Plant.
Roast Plant.
Kelp Plant.

Thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#44 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 2:37 PM
Yes, several of them are not 'growing' in my game either. I would suggest not using this mod until it is compatible for the 1.55 update.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#45 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 2:38 PM
Weird, I have 1.55 and these grow fine in my game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 8:54 PM
Yep, these work with patch 1.55. Their coding is quite simple (it's just the name of the ingredient) so I don't think they'll ever need an update.

The issues people are reporting can also be encountered in the existing auto plants and are most likely caused by a bug in EA's Gardening code.

@computerinsect You'll have to create a script, clone an existing soil auto-plant and make it reference the script you made. I recommend reading this Tutorial:Sims_3_Object_Moddingwiki. Then you can open these packages and take a look at how I made them. It's very simple, the script is about three lines long.
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 6:53 AM
Hey, just wanted to correct myself, the lemon and purple eggplant not growing was the result of corrupted store content. After clearing cashes, deleting all downloads, and re-installing everything it works fine now. Quick question though, will this conflict with TFM's plantastic gardening mod? I assume yes.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:30 AM
does this need updating MX?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 3:28 AM
Is this mod compatible with patch 1.57 at all? :o

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 7:47 PM
I'm no code writer by any means, but only half of the auto-soils actually turn into the plant.. Like pumpkins, forbidden fruit, etc, hardly any of them get past the dirt mound. Please help?
Page 2 of 3