Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bleake Islands - A Bleak Place Indeed!

by SimmyRN Posted 27th Oct 2014 at 2:55 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2020 at 8:39 PM by SimmyRN

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:09 PM
Suwun
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:15 AM
Thank you for this! It's a very nice world
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:37 AM
I appreciate your kind comments so much! I'm honored to have a picked upload!
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
I appreciate your kind comments so much! I'm honored to have a picked upload!

Of course You did a great job; you deserve it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 3:53 AM
wow nice work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:10 PM
This is a terrific upload!!
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:38 PM
It won't let me download it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emaferdousi_xxx
It won't let me download it?

Sorry you're having problems! Maybe this will help: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lling_TS3_Packs.

Or, this
"If you are having trouble downloading...
• If you are getting error messages when trying to download from MTS, try again in a few minutes. MTS often has more than 3000 people online, and is funded by donations, so it can be a little slow at peak times.
• If you get a 403 or 503 error, means that you're downloading too many files at one time and are using up all the download slots. There's a limit of 3 files at a time or 3 chunks per file per downloader to give other members a chance. You'll have to wait for six hours when the server reset its caches for you to be able to download again.
• If you're still having trouble, try reading the latest Site News to see if there are any changes that you need to be aware of. Look for notices at the top of the page that may mention downloads being slow, intermittent, or offline."
from this link: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...u_Need/Archiver.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 2:31 PM
Great little world, the atmosphere is stunning!
just a girl
THANKS POST
#35 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 7:04 AM
Small town with authentic feel. Yum! Can't wait to try it out in game. Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#36 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neomahardhika
Suwun

inggih

Thx.. great job..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:10 PM
cool beans
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:55 PM
Amazing world I'm impressed!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:08 AM
Beautiful, it has a very Norweigen look and feel to it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:46 PM
Amazing world. However, I bought a house and it doesn't let me edit the first floor of it. Only the second floor. When I try putting anything on the first floor, it says I can't place things "outside my unit." Can anyone help me?
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MisterCCL
Amazing world. However, I bought a house and it doesn't let me edit the first floor of it. Only the second floor. When I try putting anything on the first floor, it says I can't place things "outside my unit." Can anyone help me?

If a house is set up with "public areas" - like an apartment building lobby or the first floor of the Bleake Boarding House - then you have to do the following to edit the public areas:

press Ctrl Shift C to bring up the "cheat" bar
type "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks; press Enter
press Ctrl Shift C again
type "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off" without the quotation marks; press Enter
You should now be able to edit anything in the building/lot. Don't delete any large silver balls that you see floating in the rooms if they are visable. When finished
press Ctrl Shift C again
type "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings on" to reset the building; press Enter
If desired, press Ctrl Shift C again
type "testingcheatsenabled false" without the quotation marks to remove the cheat; press Enter.

Hope that helps! If you have problems or questions please let me know. This method - plus placing "markers" - can reduce the price of a house considerably making it more affordable for sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 2:25 AM
Thanks.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#43 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 11:08 PM
Bleak or not, I really love it!
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neomahardhika
Suwun
lah wong jowo iki
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 1:47 AM
Fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 10:58 PM
hi can i ask for less store items version please? i don't have the money to buy them
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 10:16 PM Last edited by SimmyRN : 4th Jan 2015 at 11:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mysteryhouse
hi can i ask for less store items version please? i don't have the money to buy them

Store items that you don't have will be replaced by other items or be absent. Some store items are free. Many items are decorative; the door and window should be replaced as should the airstrip, I believe. (I intended to not use the store airstrip, but I couldn't find the game one in CAW.) The other items are decorative except the wharf fence but it could probably be replaced with the recolored "rope" fence. The "Bleake Islands - Resort" version does not have the deep sea diner lot. Instead, it has a resort on that lot. I think you could pretty easily "convert" it yourself. I'm working on two other projects right now so I don't know when I'd be able to make the changes. I hope that you'll give it a try and enjoy playing "Bleake Islands"!

I've attached a picture for which I spent a few minutes preparing some alternates for store items. Perhaps it will help you.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 6:04 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 12:48 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 12:31 PM