Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/09/05) Updated to Apartment Life

by Lord Darcy Posted 17th Jan 2008 at 7:40 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:12 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.13: Updated to AL

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
#26 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:17 PM
The last update work for all the beds ...except the surf bed...I have all EP and SP...sorry for my english...
Thank for your work, but you can make the same thing with the chair. The game have some beautiful chair, but not confortable.
Thanks again...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#27 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:15 PM
your last update don't work with the surf bed...for all other bed works fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
your last update don't work with the surf bed...for all other bed works fine.

The TSS surfer bed mod works fine for me. Which version do you use, Standard or PriceAdjusted?

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 4:20 AM
Yay! *Doing happy dance* I am so happy that now I can use some of the other, prettier beds. I just wanted to thank you for this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:23 AM
Wow thanks a lot! Great goodies here tonight--thank you for doing this!
great big ol hugs,
Skye
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 7th May 2008 at 5:38 PM
Thank you. Really. This was one of the most annoying things which was an intended 'feature' in the game: The mass nerfing of just about every bed in the game.

I will never understand why Maxis made collections of themed decor and objects, then made them less desirable to actually use in the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 14th May 2008 at 1:35 AM
"Midevil Bed" was never a style choice of mine for kids, but I couldn't have them sleeping in all the time... This is great!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 9:59 PM
Wow. Thanks Lord Darcy, this is great.

One question though. When I put this in the game, all my beds became comfortable and expensive. Is there some way to get both your expensive, energy-filling beds AND the cheap uncomfortable beds that come with the game to both show up? I still have poor Sims who can't afford nice beds.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amberland
One question though. When I put this in the game, all my beds became comfortable and expensive. Is there some way to get both your expensive, energy-filling beds AND the cheap uncomfortable beds that come with the game to both show up? I still have poor Sims who can't afford nice beds.

No. They are meant to be default replacements of Maxis beds, not the separate clones with their own GUIDs. If you want to keep both versions in your games, you have to make new clones for each bed and apply repository technique to pull recolors and beddings from Maxis beds.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 2:59 PM
LordDarcy - thank you so much for this! I don't normally make requests, but is it possible we'll see a version where the SINGLE beds match up in comfort & energy to the double beds (i.e. they are also rated at 8/8)? I was a bit confused when I saw my single beds were rated at 5 energy, 6 comfort until I realized this hack was to make the beds have the same rating as their most expensive counterpart.

Either way, thank you so much for fixing EA's shoddy work (I've got your K&B and FT fixes)

https://renegadekitty.wixsite.com/sims - my new Sims page, mods & Quarantine Challenge.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RenegadeSims
I don't normally make requests, but is it possible we'll see a version where the SINGLE beds match up in comfort & energy to the double beds (i.e. they are also rated at 8/8)? I was a bit confused when I saw my single beds were rated at 5 energy, 6 comfort until I realized this hack was to make the beds have the same rating as their most expensive counterpart.

I'm afraid I'm not going to add yet another "flavour", it's enough hassle to keep 4 different versions updated as it is now. But if you can use SimPE, it's not very difficult to alter BCONs yourself. Extract two BCONs (Tuning - Relax and Tuning - Sleep) from one of double bed fixes. Open a single bed fix, and replace the corresponding BCONs. Repeat it to all single bed fixes.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 8:21 PM
Oops, I forgot about the other versions and keeping them all updated. I also should have looked closer at your single-bed image in the first post lol. But it sounds like I should be competent enough to extract & replace the BCONs (assuming I locate them).

Again, thank you - especially for taking the time to explain how to update the single beds for myself!

https://renegadekitty.wixsite.com/sims - my new Sims page, mods & Quarantine Challenge.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 2:22 AM
Thank you so much for this mod. If it's not too much trouble, please include the new IKEA beds. This is my favorite mod ever.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 2:24 PM
Yes please update for IKEA beds
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 11:43 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 30th Jul 2008 at 6:19 AM.
Default Updated to IKEA Home Stuff Pack
2008-06-29: Updated to v1.11. Added all 5 IKEA Home Stuff beds.

Rewrote the installation guide to reflect the post-FT change, especially for Teen Style Stuff and IKEA Home Stuff beds. Please read it carefully.

Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 4:10 PM
I'm really confused, and I've read the instructions a few times already.... I assume that the IKEA beds are just added to the main download, and I see that we're supposed to put those in the IKEA folder, but there's nothing saying which ones are the IKEA beds....So I don't know what one's so put there! ....Am I just missing something really obvious?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gina_chan
I'm really confused, and I've read the instructions a few times already.... I assume that the IKEA beds are just added to the main download, and I see that we're supposed to put those in the IKEA folder, but there's nothing saying which ones are the IKEA beds....So I don't know what one's so put there! ....Am I just missing something really obvious?

You can tell them by the filename. IKEA beds are flagged with SP8. I'll edit the main post to clarify.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 2:00 AM
Okay! Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 8:44 AM
Thank you for the updates for the Ikea beds. I downloaded the FT beds version (normal prices). There are only 2 package files included and both say they are for SP6, 1 is BCON, the other is OBJD, there isn't one for Ikea SP8, is that right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 9:19 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 2nd Jul 2008 at 9:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by UserLaura76
I downloaded the FT beds version (normal prices). There are only 2 package files included and both say they are for SP6, 1 is BCON, the other is OBJD, there isn't one for Ikea SP8, is that right?

Files with either -FT or -BV suffix now contain ONLY Teen Goth Bed file, as it's currently the only bed that requires different versions for FT and Pre-FT. (e.g. LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_DBL_SP6_Goth-FT.zip)

Any other beds are included in the main files, (LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed.zip or LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed-PriceAdjusted.zip, depending on your choice) and they are for all EPs. I'll edit the main post to clarify.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 9:50 AM
Thank you for the updates.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UserLaura76
Thank you for the updates for the Ikea beds. I downloaded the FT beds version (normal prices). There are only 2 package files included and both say they are for SP6, 1 is BCON, the other is OBJD, there isn't one for Ikea SP8, is that right?

Oh right, my mistake. Thank you for the clarification.
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 11:34 AM
I can't seem to get the Ikea beds to use the higher Energy and Comfort rating. I put them exactly where it says, but when I get in-game, it still says that they have the normal ratings. Just wanted to know if it was just me?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gina_chan
I can't seem to get the Ikea beds to use the higher Energy and Comfort rating. I put them exactly where it says, but when I get in-game, it still says that they have the normal ratings. Just wanted to know if it was just me?

Did you change the file name to something like zLdDarcy_....? Files are loaded in alphabetical order. If you put them in the StuffPack\Objects folder, you must add z- prefix to make the fix loaded after SPObjects.package.

Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
Did you change the file name to something like zLdDarcy_....? Files are loaded in alphabetical order. If you put them in the StuffPack\Objects folder, you must add z- prefix to make the fix loaded after SPObjects.package.
...OH!!! Okay. I get it now...

"Just for this moment...As long as your mine..."
Page 2 of 3