Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Higher Comfort and Energy for Maxis Beds (Updated 2008/09/05) Updated to Apartment Life

by Lord Darcy Posted 17th Jan 2008 at 7:40 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:12 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.13: Updated to AL

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 10:55 PM Last edited by loripanori : 8th Jul 2008 at 2:16 AM.
Just thought I'd report this, I'm not sure if it's an issue or not... I have Freetime, and have all of the fixes in my Freetime Catalog\Bins folder. All of the bed fixes work from this location except the Ikea beds. From your instructions above, I thought the Ikea beds would only have to go in the Ikea Stuffpack\Objects folder if you didn't have Freetime... but should they go there even if Freetime is installed?

ETA:
Nevermind! I installed the latest FT patch and now the Ikea bed fixes are working properly now from the Freetime Catalog\Bins folder as well. Not sure why they weren't working from that folder without the patch... but they're definitely working now! Thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 3:10 PM Last edited by seemorflops : 16th Jul 2008 at 3:31 PM. Reason: adding info
I use your hygiene mod for showers love it. would also like to use your bed mod but I'm using a community bed by simslice that allows you to sleep 44 anywhere/time even when energy levels are high. not knowing what was changed to create the community bed, I'm afraid to try your bed mod in fear of not being able to reverse it if there is a conflict. are you familiar with the simslice bed? Do you see any conflict. I just started playing and modding 2 weeks ago and only know enough to follow your guys/girls instructions. Would hate to have to start over. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks for the work you make it more enjoyable for us all!
just saw this "Paysites are ILLEGAL, it's confirmed by EA. Sharing paysite stuff is completely legal.
Download paysite stuff to your heart's content from here, and donate to FREE sites or charities." sorry to have supported a pay site , had not found MTS2 at that time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 6:30 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 30th Jul 2008 at 1:29 PM.
2008-07-30: Updated to v1.12. Added Base Game compatible version for people who have only Base Game, or Base Game + Happy Holiday Stuff.

@seemorflops: I just snatched that Simslice CommBed from booty and looked into it. I assume it's a cloned bed that looks identical to Colonial Double Bed from the base game, am I correct?
Well, as it's no more than a cloned hacked bed, it will not interfere with my bed mod, which overrides Maxis beds themselves.

What the... This is just so pathetic that I'm sorry that you actually paid for this pile of manure. ONE cloned bed that looks identical to the Maxis bed, which cannot even use custom beddings (not to mention other Maxis beddings added by later EPs!!) or recolors of original bedframe? "A total of 44 different beds" my arse.

Numenor has Sleep on Community/OFB/Vacation lots mod, which enables all beds (including custom) to be usable in community lots. Though Numenor's mod does not have the hacked function (sleeping even when energy bar is full), I'd choose Numenor's mod over that utter crap any day.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
#54 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 5:14 PM Last edited by TashaFaun : 1st Aug 2008 at 5:45 PM.
LD is it possible for me to combine all these files with SimPE? Or will that make them not work?

Edit: Nevermind, tested and found out it works fine
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 6:12 AM
Thanks for checkin that. Your right Numenor's mod does give me more choices and does what I need it to do. Thanks for the time and insight!
Test Subject
#56 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 3:46 AM
Now that I've installed the Apartment EP, the bed fixes for the Ikea, Elite, and Surfer beds won't work. Is there an easy way to fix this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gina_chan
Now that I've installed the Apartment EP, the bed fixes for the Ikea, Elite, and Surfer beds won't work. Is there an easy way to fix this?

No. AL broke all my SP bed fixes by including new versions in AL Overrides. Moving the fix to Overrides folder will not work, as AL changed the group of beds as well. New AL version will be coming.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 2:41 AM
Hello Lord Darcy,

I originally had the 'standard version' of these files (LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed.zip) installed with all the EPs/ SPs up to FreeTime and they worked as noted. However, after installing Apartment Life, and moving the files to: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins - because when the files were located in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins they no longer worked and the 'default' Maxis motives were set on the beds after installing AL; I thought moving them to the \Catalog\Bins directory for my latest EP (AL) was the correct thing to do. Unfortunately, moving them to: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins didn't solve the problem.

So, I tried an experiment in which I took took each of the files and placed them into their corresponding EP/ SP Catalog/Bins sub-directories (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 IKEA® Home Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins for SP8 files and so on), and this didn't get the files working either, so I thought I would let you know, in case the files needed further updating to work with AL.

In any case, I thought you might like to know about this in the event you haven't had time to test these with AL. This is an amazing MOD and I can't imagine going back to 'default' Maxis motive values after playing with this installed! Any help or suggestions to get these working would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

~*~ Miska ~*~

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
No. AL broke all my SP bed fixes by including new versions in AL Overrides. Moving the fix to Overrides folder will not work, as AL changed the group of beds as well. New AL version will be coming.

Sorry for the double post Lord Darcy, but I caught this reply from you after my initial post. Looking forward to the AL version; many Thanks in advance.

Regards,

~*~ Miska ~*~

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:16 PM
Default Updated to v1.13
2008-09-05: Updated to v1.13. Added 3 AL beds. Updated TSS & IKEA beds to be compatible with AL.
Rewrote the installation guide to reflect the post-AL change, especially for Teen Style Stuff and IKEA Home Stuff beds. Please read it carefully.

File names were changed for SP bed mods. To avoid confusion, you'd better to remove all files starting with LdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_... or zLdDarcy_MotiveFix_Bed_... from your game completely (Bins, Downloads and Overrides folder) and start over.

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 4:16 PM
Thanks so much for updating this mod and sorry if this is a dumb or repetitive question but I have all Ep's including AL but I don't have the Ikea or Teen Style stuff packs. Do I need to delete any files from the MotiveFix Bed zip before I download the file into my AL Bins folder?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisa626
I have all Ep's including AL but I don't have the Ikea or Teen Style stuff packs. Do I need to delete any files from the MotiveFix Bed zip before I download the file into my AL Bins folder?

You don't really need to. If you put the files for SPs you don't have into your game, they will remain simply unused. They won't cause any problem in your game. But it's best to keep useless files out of your game, just for principle.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
You don't really need to. If you put the files for SPs you don't have into your game, they will remain simply unused. They won't cause any problem in your game. But it's best to keep useless files out of your game, just for principle.

Thank you for responding and also the unnecessary file tip. I will remove the SP files that I don't have.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 1:04 AM
Just wanted to take the time to tell you that I cannot live without this mod now. It makes decorating so much nicer. Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 10:59 AM
Do we have to install this differently if we have Mansion and Garden Stuff as our last update? Or does the majority of it still go in AL?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 3:46 PM
Treat M&G as yet another EP after AL. Use M&G folders instead of AL folders. If you installed it in AL folder, move it under M&G folder.

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:57 PM
Does this include coffins?
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 4:00 AM Last edited by Lovely2 : 13th Oct 2010 at 4:14 AM.
Yey! Now I will use all of Maxis twin & dbl beds.
The twin beds comfort & energy is a little low but Improved
I would like the twin beds energy & comfort to match
the dbl beds 8 comfort, 8 energy, 6 environment.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miros1
Does this include coffins?
I'm afraid not.

Test Subject
#70 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:59 AM
I'm unable to unzip these into the folder you say to because Windows 7 is giving me the whole "you don't have permission to access this folder" garbage. So if I DID unzip them into downloads, I could put up with having the custom star there. But I don't understand what it means that there will be a delete button? Will that mess up my game?
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 1:59 PM
Just wanted to know if I understand it so all those filles go in my AL overrides and the ones of teen and ikea i have to put in my downloads too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:29 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 8:49 AM
I've been looking for a mod like this, so thank you so much for ending my search
Instructor
#74 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:33 PM
This is very useful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 7:15 AM
Thank you for this very convenient mod ! And for the longest time I have been trying to find a similar mod for seating , do you know of any ?
Page 3 of 3