Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hidden interactions enabled

by gummilutt Posted 10th Jan 2016 at 3:18 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2016 at 1:43 AM by gummilutt

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 9:50 AM
Thank you! These interactions are all realyl cute, and the "snooze" option will be helpful for people who play challenges that limit the amount of beds, for example.

If the windows have a "dirty" state, it might mean it was at one point planned for them to have a visible dirty overlay, right? Do you think it would be possible to mod that in, based on the code for other dirty objects, for example? (I'm not making a request, ofc, I'm just really curious about this!)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 1:18 PM
More great work. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 2:35 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 11th Jan 2016 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by Queen of France
If the windows have a "dirty" state, it might mean it was at one point planned for them to have a visible dirty overlay, right? Do you think it would be possible to mod that in, based on the code for other dirty objects, for example? (I'm not making a request, ofc, I'm just really curious about this!)

Yes and no. I do think it would be possible to make it check for the dirty level and change textures based on it, but unless there are dirty textures included in windows that we don't know about, it won't have anything to change to. It would be possible to create those textures and add them, but it would take tons of work and each window would need to be updated separately. It'd require someone who is a good modder, and someone who is used to dealing with multi-state objects and knows how to recolor. Doable, but quite a big project If anyone would like to try though, they are most welcome to.

What I had hoped I could do when I found the dirty state was include the option to decide how quickly windows get dirty. Unfortunately the code currently considers the window dirty if it's dirty state has dropped by one point, so even if you change how much it decays daily it will always be considered dirty. I thought it'd be neat if I could get it to only require cleaning once every season, since most people don't wash their windows more often than that. I'm going to keep looking at it and if I can figure it out I'll share that with you guys too

Thanks once again for all the comments. Makes me very excited to keep working on my other projects

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#29 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 5:10 PM
these are fantastic thank you for everything !!
Instructor
#30 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 7:09 PM
Wow these are awesome gummilutt!! Riding the banister looks super cool (can't use it no MG) and taking a snooze is adorable It's a rare thing to catch my simmies snoozing, but for some reason they love to wash those windows on their own

I really love when they go to look out the window which is even more rare than catching a snooze! Do you think "go look out window" is buried in those hidden iterations too?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 8:40 PM
@rena2sweet4u It is I didn't think to include it when making this, but it turns out Squinge included it in his version of window washing. You'll find his version here. He unlocks both window washing and look out in the same mod.

The main difference between my version and Squinges version is that both of Squinges versions ignores the dirty check for windows. My version requires windows to be considered dirty to enable the interaction, Squinges enables it regardless of if windows are clean or dirty. Aside from that, both of his versions enable the interaction for all Sims regardless of personality. No autonomy version blocks autonomous window washing, and the regular one leaves autonomy untouched, so only neat Sims.

To sum up, you should use Squinges version if you want it to ignore if windows are dirty or not, or if you would like to remove autonomous window washing. If you want this interaction only for neat Sims, and/or you want it to only work on dirty windows, you should use one of my mods. If you would like to have look out enabled, but my window washing-code, you can make mine load after his and my mod will over-ride the window washing part of his mod but leave look out as it is.

Instructor
#32 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@rena2sweet4u It is I didn't think to include it when making this, but it turns out Squinge included it in his version of window washing. You'll find his version here. He unlocks both window washing and look out in the same mod.

The main difference between my version and Squinges version is that both of Squinges versions ignores the dirty check for windows. My version requires windows to be considered dirty to enable the interaction, Squinges enables it regardless of if windows are clean or dirty. Aside from that, both of his versions enable the interaction for all Sims regardless of personality. No autonomy version blocks autonomous window washing, and the regular one leaves autonomy untouched, so only neat Sims.

To sum up, you should use Squinges version if you want it to ignore if windows are dirty or not, or if you would like to remove autonomous window washing. If you want this interaction only for neat Sims, and/or you want it to only work on dirty windows, you should use one of my mods. If you would like to have look out enabled, but my window washing-code, you can make mine load after his and my mod will over-ride the window washing part of his mod but leave look out as it is.

Thanks for taking time to explain the difference (and for finding a link to the other mod) between the two mods I'll do as you mentioned and put his in then let your mod over-ride. Can't wait to try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:33 AM
Thank you so much.....these are going to add more realism to the game.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:10 AM
These are great! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 6:00 PM
Love! Thanks!
Test Subject
#36 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:36 PM
Can u update it with adding "Light Meal" function on the fridge?
Needed it for movies very much
Thank You!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 9:57 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 13th Jan 2016 at 7:30 AM. Reason: Clarification
@jeka555 I'm afraid I don't know any fridge interaction called Light Meal, and looking at the code that option does not exist on the fridge. What does the interaction look like? Are you perhaps talking about stuff face?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 1:11 AM
these are so awesome, thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 2:45 PM
It's been fascinating to watch you develop this on Leefish, gummlinutt. Looking forward to using it now.
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 3:55 PM
Default re
@jeka555 I'm afraid I don't know any fridge interaction called Light Meal, and looking at the code that option does not exist on the fridge. What does the interaction look like? Are you perhaps talking about stuff face?

Sometimes when sim is hungry, he can move to fridge and start eating some things, drinking milk. This is happening randomly.
I though it called Light Meal
I'd like to found this moment in-game to screen it
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:51 PM
That's stuff face Not easy knowing what things are called in English if you play in a different language, I always have to boot up AGS to check. I figured it would be stuff face, so I already looked at it, and I'll be sure to include it in the next round of hidden interactions. Thanks for pointing it out, I had forgotten about that one.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:47 PM
There's also adorable toddler dance that's hidden. I love those interactions, and I hope you sometime enable all of them. Thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 10:59 AM
@mixa97sr In what situation does this dance happen? Is it to a stereo, or do they do it just randomly?

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:53 PM
It's to a stereo. There may be some other mod for that though. I haven't looked that up.

Also, I think it's broken in my game, but that does not matter.
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:12 PM
@gummilutt
How about Puke function on toilets? :D
For the machinima!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:39 PM
@jeka555 @mixa97sr
Most of the hidden interactions have already been unhidden by Squinge. I keep forgetting that, but I went and checked what he has and he has already unlocked stuff face, toddler dance solo, and throwing up.

Throw up
Toddler solo dance
Less/no autonomous stuff face + enabled (Both of these affect autonomous behavior, and I don't want that, so I will be releasing my own version with preserved autonomy soon. )

But if anyone have any other hidden interactions they wish unlocked, check Squinge's mods over at Inseminator, because if it can be done, he's probably already done it.

@Kankritty I've looked at wait for food, but it does not appear to be an interaction in the same way as the rest of these are. I can't enable it when it does not have a pie menu to make it appear on, at least I can't figure out where it appears.
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:50 PM
@gummilutt
PUUUKEEEE
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:23 PM
@gummilutt

Wait for food is an interesting interaction because it involves other sim bringing food to the table a sim is already sitting at (serve interaction) or to the toddler that's in a highchair.

Thanks for the links to those interactions. I'm very grateful. Are there any that involve "ask for food" or "ask to read"? I know that this is not WCIF thread, but I'm new to mods outside MTS and people like you probably know.
Scholar
#49 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 8:11 PM
@Kankritty I've looked at wait for food, but it does not appear to be an interaction in the same way as the rest of these are. I can't enable it when it does not have a pie menu to make it appear on, at least I can't figure out where it appears.

I had a poke around in the platters a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find anything.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:34 PM
Thanks you <3
Page 2 of 3