Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1026 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 3:12 PM Last edited by Vinicius : 15th Jun 2022 at 4:58 PM.
Does anyone know if the height slider still works with the Warewolf patch? It seems that a lot of CAS sliders broke with the patch, but since you have to enter a command in LIVE mode to change height with simmythesim's slider, maybe it's working?
Advertisement
Scholar
#1027 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 9:57 PM
Haven't had a chance to test it yet, will do so tomorrow after my test machine is updated... Stay tuned.
Scholar
#1028 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 1:25 PM
Happy days are here again. We can still have our sims our way! The slider still works with the Wolf patch! Let's party.
Lab Assistant
#1029 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 6:04 PM
Just updated to the newest patch and my sliders still work. I only use the foot sliders to change height and they have always worked and they still do. I’ve had them for ages.
Test Subject
#1030 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 4:46 PM
Default Help me to change the size of the hands for sims, please :)
Hi all! Does anyone know if this mod works to change the size of the hands? It doesn't work for me, but I can change the height of sims. Is it partially broken? I love big hands on men. Thanks in advance for your reply and have a nice day! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#1031 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 9:43 PM
Someone can PLEASE implement a pie menu clicking by sim to change the height with 5 definitions just like this image? (-100. -50, 0, 50 and 100)
Screenshots
Instructor
#1032 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 8:06 AM
The "Height Slider Tall head Fix" causes the tongue rig from whickedwhims to be floating outside of the sim's mouth while doing (wickedwhims's) animations.

Other than that issue the head fix slider still works.

From post - https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...7&postcount=778
Lab Assistant
#1033 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
The "Height Slider Tall head Fix" causes the tongue rig from whickedwhims to be floating outside of the sim's mouth while doing (wickedwhims's) animations.

Other than that issue the head fix slider still works.

From post - https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...7&postcount=778

You can do it a click sim menu to make possible to change heights with 5 flavors? :D
Lab Assistant
#1034 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 4:03 AM
Still working with new patch?
Lab Assistant
#1035 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 4:25 PM
Foot sliders are still working with the High School Pack.
Scholar
#1036 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 7:16 PM
Hight slider by Sammy and updated by Ted still works fine with HS patch and pack.
Scholar
#1037 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 10:34 PM
Mod is still functioning as of 10/7/2022 with all patches
Scholar
#1038 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 6:50 PM
Mod still working as we move into the New Year. I wish everyone the best in 2023.
Scholar
#1039 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 7:16 PM
Height slider still working in Infant patch.
Test Subject
#1040 Old 16th Apr 2023 at 5:57 AM Last edited by clubzfanboy : 18th Apr 2023 at 5:48 AM. Reason: URL text
Tedw's edit (post #890 in this thread on page 36) works perfectly with the console, as long as you delete Height Slider Growth.package if sim aging is disabled or you don't want dynamic sim growth.
The math from jonathonbarton's post (post #948 on page 38) works great for adults; (x-167)/0.28 gives the value you should use for a real-world height in centimeters x.
But the scaling for Child sims seems different (or at least, it should be). Anybody have the heights for -100, 100, and 0 for Child sims?

Also is there anything like a get_slider command and if not, can one be added (e.g. get_slider height would give the value between -100 and 100 you previously set)? Bonus points if it also gives an equivalent in centimeters!
Test Subject
#1041 Old 28th Apr 2023 at 1:52 AM Last edited by MycroftJr : 12th Jun 2023 at 11:26 PM. Reason: add error reporting procedure
Update and Expansion
Attached you will find my Update and Expansion of this wonderful mod, complete with commented python source (in the .ts4script)!
EVERYTHING should be fixed! (with the caveats under Technical Issues)
note: none of the commands require testingcheats to run, and I don't think they ever did!
See CREDITS.txt in the zip for my best reconstruction of everyone who worked on this mod.

Sliders:
The sliders are named:
  • height (-100 to 100, negative values use Height Slider Short.package and positive ones use Height Slider Tall.package)
  • neck (-100 to 100)
  • hand/hands (0 to 100)
  • bulge (0 to 100)
  • chs/childheightslider ("Height Slider Growth.package" only, -100 to 100)
  • ths/teenheightslider ("Height Slider Growth.package" only, -100 to 100, positive values will use the positive "height" slider, at least until/unless I get a teen-specific positive height slider)
They should work in the following commands:
  • set_slider [slider name] [amount] [optional Sim ID] (e.g. `set_slider hands 75`) - sets the slider to the given value for the active or specified Sim. Sliders set to 0 will technically be removed from the Sim.
  • get_slider [slider name] [optional Sim ID] - gives the value of the given slider for the active or specified Sim
  • set_slider_all [slider_name] [amount] - sets the slider to the given value for all Sims in the save
  • random_slider_all / randomize_slider_all [slider_name] - randomizes the given slider for all Sims in the save
other commands in Sliders.py:
  • print_outfit_parts [optional Sim ID] - prints the Part IDs in the Sim's current outfit
  • random_outfit [optional Sim ID] - randomizes the Sim's current outfit
  • set_bulge_stat [amount] [optional Sim ID] - sets the BulgeStat directly (most commands that set the bulge slider will set this as well!)
  • assign_bulge_clothes [optional Part ID] [optional Sim ID] - equips the given clothing article (or else a random one meant to be compatible with bulges) to the Sim
Sliders.py should catch any Outfit changes and apply the Bulge slider (from the remembered value in the BulgeStat) only when compatible clothing is worn

Summary of the Gradual Growth module:
  • Only works with "Height Slider Growth.package" installed
  • Runs each sim day at 1am
  • Will randomize the height of any Sim with a default height (defined as a Sim with no custom sliders from this mod
  • Uses a hidden HeightStat to determine the Sim's height relative to the average for their age group, as they age
  • On the 1am update, sets Child / Teen sim height (chs/ths) based on their HeightStat and their percentage of progress towards the next Age Up

Commands from HeightModule.py:
  • set_age / sa [amount] [optional Sim ID] - sets the Sim's age in days
  • set_age_and_update_height / sau [amount] [optional Sim ID] - sets the Sim's age in days, then updates their height according to the Gradual Growth module
  • add_age / aa [amount] [optional Sim ID] - adds the given amount to the Sim's age in days
  • add_age_and_update_height / aau [amount] [optional Sim ID] - adds the given amount to the Sim's age in days, then updates their height according to the Gradual Growth module
  • get_height_stat [optional Sim ID] - gives the HeightStat on the Sim (see above)
  • get_height_sliders [optional Sim ID] - gives any non-0 height-based sliders (height, chs, ths) that are set on the Sim
  • get_height [optional Sim ID] - does combines the above 2 commands
  • set_height_stat [amount] [optional Sim ID] - sets the HeightStat on the Sim (see above) and gives them the HeightRandomized trait
  • set_height [amount] [optional Sim ID] - in addition to the above command, does the Gradual Growth update on the Sim if they are YA or below, and otherwise sets the "height" slider
  • randomize_all_heights / rhall - does set_height for all Sims with a random height tending towards Average
  • randomize_sim_height / rhone [optional Sim ID] - same as the above, but for one Sim
  • update_all_heights - performs the Gradual Growth 1am update for all Sims
  • update_sim_height [optional Sim ID] - same as the above, but for the selected or specified Sim only
HeightModifier.py should also catch any Age Up/Down and clean up the age-based height sliders. In the future this can be used to ensure (with math) that there is no visual height change on Age Up, compared to the Sim's max height in the previous Age Group

Tips and tricks:
  • Using set_slider or set_slider_all on a Sim will prevent the Gradual Growth module from automatically changing the Sim's height until set_height or set_height_stat is used on them
  • Setting the bulge slider may have a temporary visual effect, but it should stop if you exit/load or go to the World Map temporarily. Since the Bulge stat is restricted to Male sims, Teen through Adult, only those Sims should still have bulges when you get back - and only if they're wearing working clothing.

Technical changes from past versions:
  • The slider names should no longer be case-sensitive.
  • add_slider was renamed to set_slider.
  • There should no longer be any errors from removing any .packages you don't want the features of.
  • The HeightVariance trait was renamed to HeightRandomized for clarity.
  • Gradual Growth should no longer double-up on sliders (it used to keep the "height" slider set to HeightStat while also adjusting the chs/ths sliders. Since they now both use the HeightStat in their calculations, I hope that's no longer necessary.
  • A lot of code was refactored.

Technical details:
  • All sliders are 0.0 to 1.0 under the hood. The script keeps track of what should be negative and converts/scales all input/output before it reaches the user.
  • The HeightRandomized trait will be added by set_slider & set_slider_all in addition to the commands from HeightModule.py that set the HeightStat. This is so that customized Sims will not be changed by the Gradual Growth module until you give the go-ahead with set_height or set_height_stat.
  • Gradual Growth will use an existing "height" slider value as the HeightStat in place of first-time randomizing height, so your YA+ Sims will not be effected by it and your Child / Teen Sims will have it used as the basis of their growth.

Technical issues:
  • The bulge slider is having some issues - it gives a nice, round result for ymBottom_EF01SwimShortsBoard, but gives a "spike" for ymBottom_UnderwearSexy and ymBottom_EF01SwimBriefs, and doesn't work at all on the remaining clothes it was supposed to work on (ymBottom_EF01SwimTrunks, ymBottom_EF02ShortsBoxerValentine, ymBottom_GP02SwimMid, ymBottom_GP02SwimShort, ymBottom_SP02SwimMidTrunk). If somebody could help fix that, that would be great.
  • The chs/ths sliders should maybe be moved out of "Height Slider Growth.package" so they can be used without the Gradual Growth effect? Thoughts?
If you experience any other issues, please let me know.

Integration
Lastly, the mod is pending explicit permission to incorporate various slider upgrades posted in this thread. If you'd like your upgrades incorporated into the main .zip from now on, please let me know!

Update 04/30/2022: the Pie Menu that Tedw promised has been added! It requires XMLInjector which you can download here!

Error Reporting
To report errors, please share the full MCCC/BetterExceptions .html file, the MycroftJr_TS4HeightSliders_scum_log.log file from your Mods folder, and the age (ex. Infant, Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult, YA or Elder) of the Sim last mentioned in the log file. For a faster response, feel free to message MycroftJr on discord.

And lastly, you can follow or support me here! Have fun!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HeightSliders_20230430.zip (46.8 KB, 1212 downloads)
Scholar
#1042 Old 28th Apr 2023 at 7:36 PM
Default Thank You!!!
Quote: Originally posted by MycroftJr
Attached you will find my Update and Expansion of this wonderful mod, complete with commented python source (in the .ts4script)!
note: none of the commands require testingcheats to run, and I don't think they ever did!
See CREDITS.txt in the zip for my best reconstruction of everyone who worked on this mod.

Sliders:
The sliders are named:

• height (-100 to 100, negative values use Height Slider Short.package and positive ones use Height Slider Tall.package)
  • neck (-100 to 100)
  • hand/hands (0 to 100)
  • bulge (0 to 100)
  • ths/teenheightslider ("Height Slider Growth.package" only, -100 to 100, positive values will use the positive "height" slider, at least until/unless I get a teen-specific positive height slider)
  • set_slider [slider name] [amount] [optional Sim ID] (e.g. `set_slider hands 75`) - sets the slider to the given value for the active or specified Sim. Sliders set to 0 will technically be removed from the Sim.
  • get_slider [slider name] [optional Sim ID] - gives the value of the given slider for the active or specified Sim
  • set_slider_all [slider_name] [amount] - sets the slider to the given value for all Sims in the save
  • random_slider_all / randomize_slider_all [slider_name] - randomizes the given slider for all Sims in the save
  • print_outfit_parts [optional Sim ID] - prints the Part IDs in the Sim's current outfit
  • set_bulge_stat [amount] [optional Sim ID] - sets the BulgeStat directly (most commands that set the bulge slider will set this as well!)
  • assign_bulge_clothes [optional Part ID] [optional Sim ID] - equips the given clothing article (or else a random one meant to be compatible with bulges) to the Sim
Sliders.py should catch any Outfit changes and apply the Bulge slider (from the remembered value in the BulgeStat) only when compatible clothing is worn

• Will randomize the height of any Sim with a default height (defined as a Sim with no custom sliders from this mod
  • Uses a hidden HeightStat to determine the Sim's height relative to the average for their age group, as they age
  • On the 1am update, sets Child / Teen sim height (chs/ths) based on their HeightStat and their percentage of progress towards the next Age Up

• set_age_and_update_height / sau [amount] [optional Sim ID] - sets the Sim's age in days, then updates their height according to the Gradual Growth module
  • add_age / aa [amount] [optional Sim ID] - adds the given amount to the Sim's age in days
  • add_age_and_update_height / aau [amount] [optional Sim ID] - adds the given amount to the Sim's age in days, then updates their height according to the Gradual Growth module
  • get_height_stat [optional Sim ID] - gives the HeightStat on the Sim (see above)
  • get_height_sliders [optional Sim ID] - gives any non-0 height-based sliders (height, chs, ths) that are set on the Sim
  • set_height_stat [amount] [optional Sim ID] - sets the HeightStat on the Sim (see above) and gives them the HeightRandomized trait
  • set_height [amount] [optional Sim ID] - in addition to the above command, does the Gradual Growth update on the Sim if they are YA or below, and otherwise sets the "height" slider
  • randomize_all_heights / rhall - does set_height for all Sims with a random height tending towards Average
  • randomize_sim_height / rhone [optional Sim ID] - same as the above, but for one Sim
  • update_sim_height [optional Sim ID] - same as the above, but for the selected or specified Sim only
HeightModifier.py should also catch any Age Up/Down and clean up the age-based height sliders. In the future this can be used to ensure (with math) that there is no visual height change on Age Up, compared to the Sim's max height in the previous Age Group

Tips and tricks:
  • Using set_slider or set_slider_all on a Sim will prevent the Gradual Growth module from automatically changing the Sim's height until set_height or set_height_stat is used on them
  • Setting the bulge slider may have a temporary visual effect, but it should stop if you exit/load or go to the World Map temporarily. Since the Bulge stat is restricted to Male sims, Teen through Adult, only those Sims should still have bulges when you get back - and only if they're wearing working clothing.

• There should no longer be any errors from removing any .packages you don't want the features of.
  • Gradual Growth should no longer double-up on sliders (it used to keep the "height" slider set to HeightStat while also adjusting the chs/ths sliders. Since they now both use the HeightStat in their calculations, I hope that's no longer necessary.

Technical details:
  • All sliders are 0.0 to 1.0 under the hood. The script keeps track of what should be negative and converts/scales all input/output before it reaches the user.
  • The HeightRandomized trait will be added by set_slider & set_slider_all in addition to the commands from HeightModule.py that set the HeightStat. This is so that customized Sims will not be changed by the Gradual Growth module until you give the go-ahead with set_height or set_height_stat.
  • Gradual Growth will use an existing "height" slider value as the HeightStat in place of first-time randomizing height, so your YA+ Sims will not be effected by it and your Child / Teen Sims will have it used as the basis of their growth.

Technical issues:
  • The bulge slider is having some issues - it gives a nice, round result for ymBottom_EF01SwimShortsBoard, but gives a "spike" for ymBottom_UnderwearSexy and ymBottom_EF01SwimBriefs, and doesn't work at all on the remaining clothes it was supposed to work on (ymBottom_EF01SwimTrunks, ymBottom_EF02ShortsBoxerValentine, ymBottom_GP02SwimMid, ymBottom_GP02SwimShort, ymBottom_SP02SwimMidTrunk). If somebody could help fix that, that would be great.
  • The chs/ths sliders should maybe be moved out of "Height Slider Growth.package" so they can be used without the Gradual Growth effect? Thoughts?

Integration
Lastly, the mod is pending explicit permission to incorporate various slider upgrades posted in this thread. If you'd like your upgrades incorporated into the main .zip from now on, please let me know!

I'll probably look into adding that height pie menu after a short break, although as a programmer I would certainly appreciate having the .package part built for me!

I cannot express how much you picking up this mod means to me. All these years I have been hoping and using it. I would test every patch first to make sure that it was still working, knowing that it was an abandoned mod. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#1043 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 8:45 PM
I have just added the Pie Menu height changer that Tedw promised so long ago!
Download it in my original post: https://modthesims.info/showthread....292#post5890292
Test Subject
#1044 Old 4th May 2023 at 1:35 PM

Sliders:
The sliders are named:
  • neck (-100 to 100)
  • hand/hands (0 to 100)
  • bulge (0 to 100)

Tips and tricks:

Technical details:

Technical issues:

Integration

Update 04/30/2022: the Pie Menu that Tedw promised has been added! It requires XMLInjector which you can download here!

OHMY! Thnx sooo much!!! Specially 4 Gradual Growth slider! This was my favorite one from the blasphemous past!
Scholar
#1045 Old 12th May 2023 at 7:12 PM
A giant step for simkind. Thanks a lot.
Lab Assistant
#1046 Old 27th May 2023 at 9:02 PM
Default errors?
I really love the growth part of this, but apparently it is causing an LE. Also, would it be possible to create a config file that would allow the user to set a min/max height?
Screenshots
Scholar
#1047 Old 30th May 2023 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetgirl612
I really love the growth part of this, but apparently it is causing an LE. Also, would it be possible to create a config file that would allow the user to set a min/max height?

You can't always get rid of LE's in complex mods that change key aspects of the game. They are harmless and you can just ignore or and delete them.
Test Subject
#1048 Old 31st May 2023 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetgirl612

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be attempting to reproduce and fix this by the end of the week, but could you please include the full MCC html next time and the MycroftJr_TS4HeightSliders_scum_log.log file from your mod folder?
Lab Assistant
#1049 Old 31st May 2023 at 2:30 PM
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be attempting to reproduce and fix this by the end of the week, but could you please include the full MCC html next time and the MycroftJr_TS4HeightSliders_scum_log.log file from your mod folder?

I tried to include the MCC file, but it said it was an unsupported file type. I'm attaching a link to a zip with both files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kcRGoVdiiECLvZJlnwV-Hrk1ckLPlo1n/view?usp=sharing

It is possible I have it installed incorrectly; I have the growth file but not the tall and short because the extreme heights were too jarring for me on adults. I have included an image of how I had it set up.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1050 Old 31st May 2023 at 5:07 PM

Could the 1am update be changed, imo it's too frequent.

1. 1am every week
2. 1am every 3 days
3. Change days to run like in MCCC

Unrelated, will this mod not be released to the downloads page?
Page 42 of 44