Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 12:31 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Nov 2021 at 4:20 PM.
Default Ideas For Commercial/Community Lot Assignment Incorperation
So yesterday I made a list and write down of what kind assignments could use rabbit holes and gameplay content could incorperate. Just so to reduce the abandoned and certain useless lot types for smaller towns. Maybe this would help and aid to be someone useful for brainstorming/creativity or whatever

Pool: Spa
Graveyard: Abandoned Warehouse. Have a tomb of sorts. Obviously Mausoleum
Library:: School, Bookstore.
Gym: Spa, and can even substitute for Coffeehouse (coded behavior)
Academy: Makes sense to be/have a Military Base RH.
Chinese Garden: Arboretum, since it's a garden and it's nationality gives it more mystical feel.
Tombs: Mausoleum. Vault of Antiquity
Market: Bookstore, Grocery
Nectary: Mauseleum, Bistro
Hangout: Can contain a stage that substitute for Live Show Venue. Spa
Junkyard: Abandoned Warehouse
Salon: Spa
Bar: For Dive Bars - Abandoned Warehouse. A bistro/diner would be suitable depending of its type.
Club: For Dance Clubs - Could contain a stage that substitutes for Live show venue
Lounge
Live Show Venue: One could have theater, the other sports stadium (or both at the same time)
Elixir consignment store: Vault of Antiquity.
Arcade: Theater
Group Science Project: Science lab
Java Hut: Diner, or any kind of other service rabbit would hit actually.
Nerd Shop: Bookstore
Rebel Hangout: School (basically idea where baddies would go after the session ending times), Abandoned Warehouse
Resort: Spa, Bistro,
Cafeteria: restaurant RHs
Dried up beach: Abandoned Warehouse
Gallery shop: shop RHs

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 5:01 PM
I often put the bookstore on the library lot.
I put a demonstration garden and/or a playground on a school lot.
I use the stadium that looks like bleachers and put it on a playing field including the "jog here" mod, a couple of hockey nets, and a couple of basketball hoops, and litter the ground with a few balls & frisbees.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 5:17 PM
Certain places give certain moodlets, so if you want your sims to have the library moodlet, for example - https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Library - you'd want to have a library on a separate lot. At least, I think so, but I have not tested it.
Also, you can group your rabbit holes on lots, as well (easy to do with the rabbit hole rugs). Buildings with registers work alongside rabbit holes, at least that is what I found as I've played the game.
Nice ideas, though!
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Certain places give certain moodlets, so if you want your sims to have the library moodlet, for example - https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Library - you'd want to have a library on a separate lot. At least, I think so, but I have not tested it.
Also, you can group your rabbit holes on lots, as well (easy to do with the rabbit hole rugs). Buildings with registers work alongside rabbit holes, at least that is what I found as I've played the game.
Nice ideas, though!

I think the lot has to be zoned as a library is all.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 1:06 AM
I have done many lots where I have used multiple RH rugs. I think I have about 6-8 on a lot in a small world I am working on now. I did a lot in 3 where I put RHs in basement under a lot that can be a park or anything. I have used it in small worlds. I never use EA RH in any of the worlds am working on now.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=7729901
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 8:15 PM Last edited by Tacitala : 28th Nov 2021 at 8:34 PM.
I'm not sure if I put this in another thread. Library + school rabbit hole (or the rug or door versions) is a great combo. Unless I just had a bunch of brainy or hard working kids (I don't think I did), all of their grades shot up fast.

Art gallery + city hall rabbit hole rug/door makes a small town civic building with a display on local history (there's a small town near me that basically has that set up in their old train depot from when they were a coal mining town). Even better is using the RH with the police and military too- for those towns that have two police officers and the one person that's in the National Guard part time.

"That one weird lot" (for a mostly normal neighborhood): Supernatural hangout + the supernatural RHs (arborium, wagon, vault) and the elixir consignment store register. Maybe add an alchemy station, gem cutter, and broom arena to further contain the weirdness. If you have Late Night, supernatural hangouts have 'happy hour' and can become hot spots so putting a professional bar in it works well.

Gym + police station rugs/doors for a police academy. If you don't want random people on the lot, I believe you can restrict who is allowed on the lot with NRAAS' Go Here mod.

Gym + sports arena rug/door gives a town an amateur league sports team. You can pretend the roaring crowd and concert sounds are being played on a radio to make the athletes/musicians feel better.

Market + the grocery store RH, the book store RH, plus a free standing building with several of the other registers (consignment shop, comics, elixir, pet store, nectar, etc) makes a very busy shopping district. I would probably have the first floor of the building have the coffee shop counter and maybe put a vending machine outside the grocery store to keep people fed. Making the grocery store and book store the combination lots from Supernatural or Pets will take out two more rabbit holes (spa and dinner). Wedge SN's combo theater and criminal warehouse on the lot too gets you six rabbit holes and several other shops on one lot. If it was a corner lot, you might be able to get the bistro/business office combo on there too and still have all of the stores facing the street (but it would be a tight fit).

Edit: thought of another-
Seasonal Festival lot + city hall for a small town that has a park directly adjacent to city hall. You might not be able to fit all of the big seasons items (the snowboarding and large rinks) but you could probably fit most things.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
This is great and all, but I'm kinda surprised you are posting this b/c I thought you're a veteran player. This topic has already been discussed before and we've even reached into the area of combining RH + Community + Residential. I mean, I don't mind it at all, it's great to talk about and see if new players have new ideas.

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599598

In fact, one of the fun projects I keep wanting to do, but too lazy to do, is do a one massive lot (I think largest is 64x64?) that has everything on it, so you have a world with only 1 lot. I downloaded a small island world for testing and was about to do it when I got bored and decided to do something else.

If anyone else is interested in this, we can all get in on it. Basically create 1 lot that has EVERYTHING and just play it on 1 lot like TSM or TS4. The lot has to be "residential" and you create a room for your playable resident. Everything else is set into as many different stores as possible and include as many different RH as possible. The inhabitants will be mostly NPCs, so make sure to create several NPC apartment doors.

This can be done in several themes, such as a Western frontier town, a small rural USA town, a futuristic colony on Mars, etc.. etc... or if you have that la amour lot with the gondola, they essentially did the buildings for you, you just have to modify. But I hate that lot b/c routing sucked.

Well, I usually jump from one iteration to another of Sims, so weren't really that invested with TS3 through a whole year. But I guess you could still technically call me veteran, since I seem to grasped and have well-established knowledge and in and outs of the game As for lot assignments and RH, I'm still fascinated on how they work and hooked of experimenting further (albeit, I doubt there's more to try out xD)

I guess the reason I created this thread is to figure out what would be the right and fitting lot assignment that correlates with the gameplay amenities in the context of less lots (since EA imo made quite some pointless lot types and their too specific conventions). If it were up to me, I would gotten rid of SHT lots (as they're already covered by BG and previous EP' lot types), skip LN venue subs, consigments/shop/stores created under one category, and basically omitted off the table excessive types that already exist under existing category and don't hold very much special feature.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.