Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:57 PM
Default Ideas, Thoughts for Trying New Things and Opinion About Something Thread
I think it be nice to have a thread where you can current thoughts you have of what to do next in the game, or just wanna share an opinion about something in general pertaining to the game Idk, but I like trying and experimenting new things (by things, I mean in-game mechanics). As I'm playing currently in Oasis Landing (amongst other saves of EA worlds and progressive playstyle in custom own-building world), I'm thinking of changing the base camp in that world into apartment lot (with ani's mod). I think it would do wonders. As I'm counting, Theorically, it can accommodate five households of a single couple, with the sixth being of two (cause it has two double beds).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:08 AM
I'm currently doing something that requires another mod, but it feels pretty much like a vanilla game concept so I'll just include it here.

I'm currently playing my starter family in a new house. I'm using icarus_allsorts' "Salvaged Junkyard Items Made Useable" mod so that the only furniture they can get currently is from the dump. Then they have to take it home and fix it up if it's like an appliance or something, or deal with it looking shabby if it's furniture until they can afford something new.

It's really simple in concept, but it's so much fun to play this way.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:26 AM
Oh, that's an interesting concept. Sorta reminds me how I tried have kleptomaniac Sim live homeless (sorta) but snatch other items to furnish their homes without having to use buy mode

Also, what I would like to try, but I know it will take quite a lot of time, is rebuilding a particular of Maxis main world to and as a future world of the exact replica of present (but ofc advanced/futuristic themed). Which would ofc feel a lot authentic time travel, as you reside and be able to see how much the city you live in as changed. But ofc, I would much prefer if said projects already existed and complete (cause again, it would take a lot of time which for me non-builder maybe would be not worth investing.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Oh, that's an interesting concept. Sorta reminds me how I tried have kleptomaniac Sim live homeless (sorta) but snatch other items to furnish their homes without having to use buy mode

Also, what I would like to try, but I know it will take quite a lot of time, is rebuilding a particular of Maxis main world to and as a future world of the exact replica of present (but ofc advanced/futuristic themed). Which would ofc feel a lot authentic time travel, as you reside and be able to see how much the city you live in as changed. But ofc, I would much prefer if said projects already existed and complete (cause again, it would take a lot of time which for me non-builder maybe would be not worth investing.

I know what you mean. I'm sorta currently doing this right now with Sunset Valley. Not so much futuristic, but I'm remodeling the town in sort of like a "as the years go by" sort of theme. Basically, with each generation I change little things here and there instead of redoing the entire town all at once. But yeah, even though I like to build myself - it really is so much work lol.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 4:42 AM
I'm changing Lucky Palms from a Palm Springs type of place to a more "Twenty-nine Palms" type of place (a more blue collar desert town), with various utopian changes (automobiles largely banned, except for taxis, which I'd like to replace with a van/small bus, for example: various eco/justice changes in the way things are run, as I think of them). I have made most of the residential lots into small agricultural holdings (dairy, chicken ranch, sheep ranch, apiary, vineyard, citrus grove, various kinds of orchards and truck farms) I'm largely populating the place with the Curious, Dreamer, and Cho families, which since many of them come from 2 or other versions, entails a fair amount of re-creating (I have totally cheated on the Curious family, snaffling up the one created by --I forget their name). I think after I get this going solidly enough my goal will be to finally create a family of aliens and imaginary friends.

I'm tempted to try to make a harvestable date palm tree for this, but I'm daunted. I've taken notes from the tutorials available...
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I'm changing Lucky Palms from a Palm Springs type of place to a more "Twenty-nine Palms" type of place (a more blue collar desert town), with various utopian changes (automobiles largely banned, except for taxis, which I'd like to replace with a van/small bus, for example: various eco/justice changes in the way things are run, as I think of them). I have made most of the residential lots into small agricultural holdings (dairy, chicken ranch, sheep ranch, apiary, vineyard, citrus grove, various kinds of orchards and truck farms) I'm largely populating the place with the Curious, Dreamer, and Cho families, which since many of them come from 2 or other versions, entails a fair amount of re-creating (I have totally cheated on the Curious family, snaffling up the one created by --I forget their name). I think after I get this going solidly enough my goal will be to finally create a family of aliens and imaginary friends.

I'm tempted to try to make a harvestable date palm tree for this, but I'm daunted. I've taken notes from the tutorials available...

And what kind of rabbitholes will you use for 29 Palms, Lucy? The only thing I thought was "off" in Lucky Palms (I love this world) is the EA school /city hall / police HQ RHs, they just don't fit in, and I can't find good replacements. Or you will build these from scratch, with RH rugs?
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 5:28 PM
I'm using transmogrifier to change the rabbitholes around! I haven't gone live yet so I don't know if the doors will work right, but rugs work, so it ought to?
I've changed a lot of them.
School- I have 2. Elementary (to be designated via Nraas castes when I go live)-the "Nature&Nurture" little postmodern guy from Aurora Skies. High School-one of the smaller buildings Around the Sims converted as deco, which looks like a kind of bleak little warehouse-I called it a vocational & continuation school.
City Hall-the Island Paradise Spanish-style hospital. I can't remove the cross so my story is that it's the old hospital, refurbished, after the old city hall burnt down & the new hospital was built.
Spa-that weird little thatched-roof stadium from...I guess it's Starlight Shores? I have it on a lot with a gym with a pool.
Stadium-the bleachers-looking one from...Aurora Skies? It looks weird alone so I made a hockey field with a track in front of it. Baseball would be better for the place but we make do.
Bookstore-the brightly painted combo bookstore-business but I used transmogrifier to make it only a bookstore.
There's more, but I can't rememmber their details right now, so I have to go ingame for them.
I removed every single residence with its own pool, and also the existing pool lot which was not swimmable, replaced the Lost Lake nonfunctional pool with a real one
& zoned that lot a base camp. I removed the flying V & currently have no bistro. I'm toying with no police or military but I'm not sure because I'd be missing some functions I like.

I'm building with an idea that some lots are old Spanish revival, a couple are worn-down Art Deco, some mid century, a couple are carpenter's gothic, and most lots that are not small farms (& some that are) are small.

So far I've used 2 of your lots & will probably use more of them!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
When you say change, you mean just editing the lot? Or you are changing the lot type? I would not recommend changing the lot type. The Oasis Landing basecamp is a different type of basecamp, you can see there are 2 in the lot type selector. If it doesn't show, use "enablelotlocking true."

As far as I know, Oasis Landing require the basecamp lot to function. I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you change the lot type. I do know that in Oasis Landing, you should not create NPC doors in other lots b/c it will take all your future residents from the basecamp away and the basecamp will be empty.

Why not? Well, I heard with nraas (traveler or MC?) and faintly remember that you can choose which basecamp you can reside when taking your Sim to as a vacation. As long as there is another BC in the world, I doubt anything bad will happen (since it ain't a special lot as players also have the power build their own; the lot type is what programs it function like a basecamp). Also, I don't plan on turning other rooms into NPC ones as I certaintly won't use hidden room markers.

What I will do is turn it either into regular lot, or apartment one (although, there would be no point to it / useless because) while setting up with Ani's Apartment Mod to create multiple households claiming their own rooms.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 1:31 PM
Will do, when I get around it.

On another topic, transmogifier app is such an awesome feature. As I play a househd of five siblings, one of the brothers is a mastered blog artist who helped a bit the family around to climb their own each individual careee ladder by improving their relationships with co-workers. Like they invited their coleagues over, and after getting to meet one another on the lot with a single click I could make the sim in the same field become best friends instantly.

Also, blueprint is a god send element, which allow me for a non-bender build interest apartment units in a high riss. I'll leave you guys some pictures as to what I mean when I get to play that save the penthouse is being constructed in.