Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated 9 June 2009 Tivoli, Plantation timber furnitures

by blake_boy Posted 31st Mar 2009 at 4:59 PM - Updated 5th Jun 2009 at 2:45 AM by blake_boy

211 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 2:10 PM
This set looks amazing, can't wait to try it out! Hope the fixes are going well and not causing you to much grief!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#102 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShanOw
DarkLolita; Reading is your friend... the set has been taken down for repairs.

Good luck getting it fixed Blake_Boy, any chance of an 'all' zip when it goes up again?

Yeh Ill include an all zip thanks.
I'm sorry I'm a bit slow with the update I'm a bit swamped with rl stuff and well sad to say my sims life comes second now :-)
Test Subject
#103 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:19 PM
I go on Hiatus from the simming world and community and this is what I find. More great uploads from the one and only blake_boy! Can't wait for the updated set, till then I'll wait patiently and admire the screenshots. If you need any one test out the set I wouldn't mind doing it again.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 7:02 AM
Every couple days I stop by this thread to see if it's been updated. It's becoming a vigil. :p

I hope you work out whatever's wrong with the meshes so I can finally enjoy them in game. (I missed this when it first came out, so I never actually had the opportunity to see it in game. The screenshots are pretty drool-worthy, though.)
Test Subject
#105 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 10:19 PM
blake_boy, I have never seen anything "chicer" in the Simming community (based on observation) than your stuff. You're on top of my list. I'm an interior designer and I've been looking everywhere for stuff that is really well made and sort of realistic. There are a couple faves of mine, but your stuff is the best I've seen so far. EA has great stuff, but you know sometimes their stuff is kinda weird or foreign-looking. You just put the official EA stuff to shame! I cannot wait for the update... I always check ev eryday.

We saw in your screenshots that you have beautiful lamps (how come EA never comes up with stuff like yours?), and that cushioned chair as well as the one in the Madrid Chandelier screenshot. Are they going to be available for the public? Because everyone is dying to have them in their games... especially me
Test Subject
#106 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:22 PM
I with wandersfar I keep checking to see if this gorgeous set has been re-uploaded really looking forward to it whats real life anyway there is only the sims . . . is'nt there!
Test Subject
#107 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:20 PM
The set is incredible, I love your creations... I have all your stuff in my game. The problem is that I wan't it all: every lamp, plant, the chairs, that you show us in the pictures.
I'm always looking for lamps, don't like maxis ones... But nothing I find can satisfy me... Please, I adore those lamps in your pictures... Is ther any possibility for us to get them?

Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations with us.

A la Mancha, manchega, que hay mucho vino...
Mucho pan, mucho aceite y mucho tocino...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#108 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 2:51 AM
I'm almost done with the update, just need to work on the beds now. Thanks again to those people who diagnosed those problems with the objects. On some queries in the thread:
- Those lamps and chairs: Ill try my best to upload those in the future.
- Thanks to acelsey19861 for letting me know about the slots selection. I just found that out and the M works beautifully
- atOfEvilGenius, I rechecked the poly count and it was around 1200. Yeh I agree with you, I guess it is fair enough that the buffet table and the beds not so low poly. I think the reason why it has higher poly is that I meshed them with shadows as meshes to allow the versatility of having one wood texture share all the meshes. i guess its about compromise. But Ill try to reduce the polys further. Thanks for the criticism.
Scholar
#109 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 11:27 PM
Sorry to double-post, but I have noticed that the desk section is now crashing. Your furniture is the only set I have download prior to the sudden crash. After removing all of the desk packages, the crashing has desisted.

Personally, I have had desk section crashing before. So it could possibly be a hack conflct of some sort.
Test Subject
#110 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 4:14 AM
I just made some screenshots in-game to share to all of you. After downloading the set today, I immediately went to the house that I'm working on and started decorating. This house has long been on hold, I could not finish because I wan't to use Blake_boy's furnitures.

The Bedroom

The Living room w/ blake_boy's "Opera" Modular Sofa

The hallway to the Bedroom... If you'll notice there's a shadow on the right side of the buffet when placed next to a wall, but that shadow vanishes when it's not against it. It's a minor flaw, other than that it's perfect.

So far, I haven't experienced crashing or any problem with the furnitures. I love love them. They're fabulous! Thank you! Thank you blake_boy!
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 5:48 PM
utterly fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 5:50 PM
I been using this set since it came out and I've noticed a couple of problems.

1. After placing beds, option to click on objects near it sometimes vanishes and just left with a unclickable arrow, or you click on an object near the bed and it comes up with the options for the bed e.g relax, sleep in underwear etc.

2. When placed against walls the bed sides dissappear into them slightly. I know this probably cannot be fixed because of the fixed tile positions but I just thought I'd mention it.

Otherwise this is a great set that always finds a place in the design of my modern homes!
Scholar
#113 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 8:11 AM
Fantastic set! Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#114 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 10:35 AM
Really a beautiful set – your wood textures are so detailed and realistic!

I looked at it in the base game yesterday; two things you might want to know:

1. the M shortcut for changing slots doesn't work in the base game (it was only implemented later -- so if you get problem reports from other base game users, that's why), but the bottom slots on the console tables didn't work for me with the "oldfashioned" method either (placing items on top first, then use the bottom slots). I have no idea whether that is *also* a game limitation or something that's fixable. Maybe I should have used moveobjects on? I don't think I tried that.

2. the one-tile desk didn't place for me. This could very well be a game limitation, perhaps the base game can only deal with two-tile desks? I don't know .. I think I have no other one-tile desks that are actual desks, only one-tile dinner tables that I'm using as desks. If it is a game limitation, maybe make a note in the post, so that other base game users will be aware?

I didn't see any issues with shadows or placement, everything worked beautifully =). To me the beds cutting into the walls looked like it was intentional -- two single beds next to each other form a very convincing double bed that way; this wouldn't work if they were less wide.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#115 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 12:02 PM
How beautiful! Your woodtextures are to die for.Thank you so much for sharing this magnificent creation.Hugs.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 12:36 AM
Yay this looks a thousand times better now! This is a gorgeous set Now...how 'bout that chair? :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 7:15 AM
Jasumi: Im not sure why the desks are crashing your game. They are all based on base-game dining tables so it should be compatible with all versions. Actually, maybe it's because they are cloned off from dining tables and put into the desks category?

AndraNaberrie: The bed problems that you described also drove me crazy, because sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't. I've tried making the packages from scratch again, but the problems still persist some of the time. So I really don't know how to fix that sorry.

plasticbox: ok thanks for the info on the "M". For the console tables, using the "oldfashioned way", what I found is that if you put anything other than small decorative objects such as table lamps on the top slot first, the bottom one cannot be placed. So you will have to place only small decorative objects on the top first, then you can put things at the bottom.
The desks problem.. I'm really not sure what the cause of the problem is and or how to fix it, but I'll see if anyone else has that problem and will try to work it out.
Thanks for the comments again everyone.
Scholar
#118 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 4:29 PM
Blakeboy, I confirmed my suspicions that it is specifically the 1-tile desk crashing the game. The two and three tile desk function well.

I noticed that I do not have any 1-tile desks in that category. There may be a limitation built into the game regarding such. I recategorized the 1-tile desk as a dinning table, and it has hence been functioning properly.

On a further note, I have all Expansion packs.
Test Subject
#119 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:48 AM
Great set, love it but am having the same problem as Midge, flashing blue areas on all pieces
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#120 Old 1st May 2009 at 9:53 AM
Jasumi, ok thanks for letting me know. I think instead of fixing the one-tiled desk, I'm going to upload a separate one categorized as a dining table. That way those people that experience the same problem can just download that version. thanks again.

lilfeathers, have you downloaded the updated files? I've fixed the linking problems. Also, make sure you have the master file which is the tivoli 2 tiled coffee table.
Scholar
#121 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:01 PM
That's a good idea Blakeboy. And thanks again for the great set.
Scholar
#122 Old 4th May 2009 at 11:53 PM
Yay, they're fixed, I've been waiting patiently for this beautiful set, thank you!
Field Researcher
#123 Old 5th May 2009 at 7:13 AM
this set is wonderful! thank you :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#124 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:54 AM
Holy...uh...yeah...wow....

The whole set looks great and I can't wait to see it in-game. The meshes themselves are very very nice, but the textures are truly fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing!
Instructor
#125 Old 5th May 2009 at 3:25 PM
I've stopped by here every few days to see if you updated. I'm so glad that you did! I don't have a lot of CC in my game, but your stuff is so pretty. I can't let it pass. I wish Maxis made more stuff like this. Thank you for this gorgeous set.
Page 5 of 9