Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:39 PM Last edited by toxicshadow_ : 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Diamonddrago
The constant bad patches, and the actual trouble they cause coz we have to got through our CC every time we do update, and pray against hope the updates are released to your favorite mods.

and don't even get me started on the constant useless expansions, which basically drain your pocket money and HD space, coz we get suckered in every time.

Very true. Especially if your looking for lots and all the ones you want have that expansion.

Quote: Originally posted by livvyfaye
I didn't read everyone else's least favorite thing, so I'm not sure if it's already been said; although I LOVE the Sims 3, it extremely lacks the humor in the Sims 2 - the cow/plant thing that ate humans, the floating during the bubble blower, the mascot and streaking in university, and even the "memories" in the Sims 2 were silly. I miss the humor

I know right! It's like EA tried to make TS3 so realistic it's boring and bland, just not that interesting.

The main thing that bugs me are the graphics, they are the ugliest thing I've ever seen! Also, how dumb sims are when your not controlling them, I make a sim go to the gym to workout while I make my main sim do other things, so the sim that is supposed to be working out goes and sits on a bench and reads. Babies are also pretty bad. I just hope EA won't be this lazy on Pets.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:08 PM
I've just started playing TS2 again and I have to say I envy how easy it is to put and move lots. No adding a lot, then changing the type, then figuring out I want to move the lot to another place, so then you have to add another lot to the new place, change the lot type, move the actual building and delete the original lot.

But other than that edit town is a win, it's so flexible and easy to use and I really missed it when moving Sims around in the megahood.
Retired
retired moderator
#78 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:10 PM
The apparent lack of a coherent design plan. It's very tacked together. The TS3 team have made design decisions that frankly mystify me.

My greatest complaint is that the game and its EPs are not very cohesive.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#79 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:12 PM
Just starting to play with kids in my game, I am not liking the punishment system in Generations. I don't mind the kids being punished for misbehaving, but when the kid is starving and can't leave time out to eat, that is bothersome to me. Gosh, can't the kid finish timeout later?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:12 PM
There are a few things I dont like. Im not too keen on how the sims look, they look a little too, soft? Also how it takes forever to do simple things "Change into everyday clothes" *three years later* *changes into everyday clothes*
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:44 PM
Simple answer, the seemingly blatantly obvious bugs ( I mean ones with red flags, bright pink neon lights and loud horns with signs screaming UH OH LOOK HERE!) that EA ends up with in each patch that never get truly fixed because they're too lazy -_-
Field Researcher
#82 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:13 AM
I do actually wonder wether EA put anything in those patches apart from pretty numbers.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Forum Resident
#83 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:52 AM
Rabbit holes, the fact that you can not swim in the ocean.. What is wrong with a sim getting munched by a shark.now and again. Can not move between the neighborhoods.. really why not? Saved games have nothing to do with the other communities.. and sure do not affect any thing unsaved.

The build up to yopu will see your sim at work/. Where? Outside of a couple of careers that are at home. And unless you are playing a fireperson. No you can not..

Ea just screwed up as usual.. *sigh*and yet I continue to play....
Test Subject
#84 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:04 AM
Pools are uber boring.

Still no restaurants with dining interactions. They had TWO perfect opportunities to add them! (Generations dating, late night group outings..)

Sims still look retarded in outdoor daylight.

Lag.
#85 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:46 AM
Least Favorite Thing about Sims 3?

Zelda Mae.
Theorist
#86 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 10:15 AM
When you use constrainfloorelevation to create an incline on a floor then a sim can walk up that slope but can't use it to go down that same way. Why not?

I have no idea whether or not this has been addressed. Also, TS3 is the only game I have that runs my computer so hot that I'm afraid to play it in the summer.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
the fact that you can not swim in the ocean.. What is wrong with a sim getting munched by a shark.now and again.

I miss this a lot. I am hoping that they are saving it for a later expansion like they did with Sims 2.
I also miss the sauna and massage tables.

Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn

Can not move between the neighborhoods.. really why not? Saved games have nothing to do with the other communities.. and sure do not affect any thing unsaved.

I am thinking that EA didn't want to add this because of the loading screens. If they did add it, I would assume it would be like the adventure spots, but maybe add a function where it is playable. It would be nice to be able to add sub neighborhoods for storytellers though.

Quote: Originally posted by Jonni

Pools are uber boring.

I feel the same way about the pools. I miss the diving board and water slides. I love making water parks, so it would be nice to have some more pool features. I'm wondering if it is possible to mod an object to be a diving board and water slide.

Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka

Also, TS3 is the only game I have that runs my computer so hot that I'm afraid to play it in the summer.

This always scares me. I used the fps limiter and it seems to not get as warm as it used to, but I still sometimes get worried about it.
Test Subject
#88 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I have no idea whether or not this has been addressed. Also, TS3 is the only game I have that runs my computer so hot that I'm afraid to play it in the summer.

When I'm having a problem with this, I pause often and stick to normal speed (even if it means there's nothing to do or watch). Between this and the long loading times (starting the game, switching between save files, going on and coming back from vacation), I usually bring my DS or other activity to the computer.
Test Subject
#89 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 1:20 AM
I can't stand all the shuffling and subsequent queue dropping involved when I call guests to a meal at parties.
The lack of animations like non-functional counter drawers when cooking and the magic diaper change are also something that bothers me.
Forum Resident
#90 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
It would be nice to be able to add sub neighborhoods for storytellers though.

Not if EA do it the same way they did WA it wouldn't..... The system they use was never designed for that, and bugs out frequently. Personally, I'd say if that's their half assed attempt at multi-world then they can bog off with doing it again. In fact that's probably why they haven't introduced any more sub-hoods.

You dont absolutely have to vacation in the Vacation Worlds though, it is fairly easy to replace them with any world you want.

Quote:
I can't stand all the shuffling and subsequent queue dropping involved when I call guests to a meal at parties.

In fairness, TS2 had it's fair share of queue dropping as well.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
#91 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
In fairness, TS2 had it's fair share of queue dropping as well.

How is that fair? The topic is about least favorite things about the Sims 3. Whether or not another game shares the same problem does not make trying to feed guests any less frustrating.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:24 PM
I cannot stand the vampires. I love Late Night for the city side of it and the clubs but the vampires annoy the heck out of me and I wish I could just get rid of them.

I equally wish that the Celebrity status could be turned on and off like free will, my 'normal' sims are becoming recluses because I don't want them becoming celebrities!
Scholar
#93 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 1:29 AM
the loading time? the rabbit holes? the stupid bugs and glitches? the idiot System Requirements?

Hey there! :)
Field Researcher
#94 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 6:58 AM

Sims still look retarded in outdoor daylight.

Lag.

Oh, yes, that sucks. A sim can look stunning (or at least normal!) in CAS and indoors, but still be fugly outdoors. Makes it difficult to take close outdoor pics
Mad Poster
#95 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 7:55 AM
It's been said a billion times, but I'll say it again:
NOTHING MATCHES IN BUILD MODE. I hate having to force a design plan on my house.

Doors and windows only work on the Squares assigned. No half squares.

Static Curtains

I also hate when features get cut from the game that would have fit in perfectly because EA can't get creative and think of new stuff. Laziness, or lack of development time.

No sub-hoods, outside of vacations.

Those and the programming which seems very messy.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#96 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 9:09 AM
I was thinking of stopping making celeb sims and actually playing the game, which I have not done since it came out, however reading through this thread has completely turned me off.

I read a rumour that work on Sims 4 has started. If so, are they kidding, they couldn't get Sims 3 right, why would anyone buy Sims 4?

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Alchemist
#97 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:15 AM
Lag.

that would be my biggest annoyance for sims 3. sometimes it gets so bad i have to abandon a long-played save game and start anew.

and i am thoroughly convinced that whoever was in charge of routing was smoking weed the entire time.
i also dislike how babies, tots, and children seem to be completely immune to crappy things happening to them. i wish they were at least able to die. (it would complete the haunted house im making >8| BABY GHOSTS, C'MON FOLKS.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#98 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:20 AM
1) No diving board for the pool.

2) "Puddingface", ie, ugly sims. It takes at least 20 minutes to make a sim that doesn't look as ugly as me.

3) No diving board for the pool.

4) Bugs and glitches up the wazoo. My sim runs into more game bugs than in-game collectible bugs.

5) No diving board for the pool.

6) Apartments are done pretty badly. I hate the "shell" thing, buildings only having ONE elevator and thus clogging up, only having one household per building, not being able to split lot types in a building (It'd be awesome to have a lounge as well as residential apartments in the same building).

7) No diving board for the pool.

8) Very poorly optimized. The game isn't THAT great graphically, so why does it run worse than The Witcher 2? The individual Sims' A.I. can't possibly be using up that much computer power, as evidenced by their clear mental deficiencies.

9) NO DIVING BOARD FOR THE POOL!

10) Those damn rabbit-holes. Yuck.

11) NO BLOODY DIVING BOARD FOR THE POOL AFTER 4 EXPANSIONS AND A BUNCH OF STUFF PACKS? COME ON!

12) No university (yet). That was one of the most fun parts of TS2 and it's nowhere to be seen.

So yeah, those are my main issues with The Sims 3. I absolutely love the Trait system and Open-ness though, it's a shame about everything else. I find it hard to go back to TS2 though due to the "1-lot restriction" though - only being able to interact with and view one lot at a time. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but why haven't they put in a diving board for the pool yet? You would think that'd be something with the base game...
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 1:52 PM Last edited by Firelira78 : 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:35 PM.
There are so many:

1- The sad, morose children, who are even emotionless and just silently running after another while playing tag. (I want the "pow pow", "Oh you killed me!" cops and robbers animations.

2-In TS2, I loved mean sims get on the nerves of others with their poke-shove-slap and then the public brawl where everyone gathered around and cheered and booed. I loved this chaos. In TS3, we have more negative options in the pie-menu "declare nemesis" and "mother is a llama", but where's the action? You get an EA generated pop up telling you "X thinks Y is being very rude." Then the next interaction I push onto them they'd again be "OK".

3- There are no long animated dinner table conversations about weird topics. Come to think of it, there are no conversations. Just two sims standing in front of each other, thought bubbles flashing occasionally and the game ever so 'helpfully' informing me that they are finding it OK.

4- In Sims 2, if I make a Sim work when they're tired, hungry or stinky, I'd get the looking with sorry eyes at the Sim God and whining "shooflee". I thought I hated that, but its worse when EA steps between me and my Sim to 'helpfully' tell me "your Sim is too tired to do that right now".

5- Hate the lifeless, dull robots of Sims 3. I'd rather have the stupid goofy weirdos of Sims 2.

6- The walking animations. They walk with their arms lifted a little like robots and run weirdly everywhere. I'd found the movement of the Sims 2 sims much more realistic.

7- The teenagers look like adults. Its impossible to tell the difference between teenagers, YAs and adults in TS3.

8- The trait system sounded so much promising but it fails to offer anything. The hot headed sims just yell "oh oh" without looking the least bit angry and the neurotic sims yell "ooh ooh" and the the "chaw yaw" clapping animation is common between snobbish Vita Alto and my lazy, neurotic, over-emotional sim. In TS2, the mean sim frowned at everything as its head turned just as the good sim smiled moronically at everyone and pissed others off by their constant "admire" obsession, even if the other guy had just slapped them.

9- I thought Sims 2 wants were stupid, till I saw the Sims 3 wants. They all irrespective of personality, traits want to "workout until fatigued", "train someone", "take a class in logic". In TS2, the knowledge sims had the skill obsessions, the Romance sims wanted to woohoo anything that moved , the popularity sims wanted to be friends with the entire universe and the family sims wanted to constantly interact with other sims and pets.
It is good that you can cancel stupid wishes right away, but they are replaced by another stupid wish. I had hoped the wants will be more realistic in TS3. I was recently killing a buggy Sim by starvation, all his motives were in the red and he got the wish to "workout until fatigued"?! I can't believe any starving person in the history of this world has wanted to workout!

10- They said "no loading screens", but for me the TS3 Late Night screen initially loads fast, but it takes forever for the save file to load. I always think the game has frozen when I notice the green bar loading ever so slowly. It takes less time for me to load a TS2 neighborhood, load a family, take them to a community lot, quickly buy clothes and bring them back. Also, Sims 3 community lots are so empty. Late night introduced empty night-clubs and pubs, wheras the community lots in Sims 2 where bursting with so many sims. I actually wanted to reduce the no. of visitors. I also want prudish Mrs. Crumplebottom banging her handbag at young lovers!

11- I'm not mentioning the lack of pets, seasons, aliens, university, changing tables etc as they can be added with another EP. But even if EA tries, they cannot add the spirit and the life of the original two Sims games back in the pudding dolls. I actually don't mind their being pudding-faced so much as I mind that it really takes a lot of effort to make them look unique.

12- I agree with the lighting issue, somebody mentioned. For me some places and sims looks so shiny and bright, whereas some other look too dark. Also, there are too few items in the buy/build mode. They were categorized better in TS2.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:22 PM
I agree. Even if EA adds everything we want, they "cannot add the spirit and the life of the original two Sims games back in the pudding dolls." The core of the game is flawed. Adding more "candy" won't do anything to the lifeless, robotic sims.
Page 4 of 19