Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:03 PM
That makes a lot of sense @applefeather2.

I do miss them being able to talk while fishing though. I hope EA will change this sometime.
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Didn't that premium membership idea appear around the same time when EA announced their exclusive EA subscription model for XBox and PS4? I think to remember that Sony declined to implement this membership within membership thing while Microsoft did allow it. How is that faring on XBox? Maybe this has had some influence on their Sims club plans?

Edit: EA Access is its name.

I have no idea if EA Access is doing well with the public, but it's kinda like netflix and spotify, you pay a small monthly fee to play whatever is on their catalog.

I think premium subscription for Battlefield and season pass for Titanfall on Origin came before this. So it seems this is here to stay, but these are multiplayer games with server priorities for people paying more. They kinda seem to be the same thing, early access, some discount on EPs/Dlcs yet to be released...it seems like a way to fund the development of these contents even though you have no idea of what's coming next.
For DAI multiplayer they promised to keep adding stuff for free and that we can unlock anything on it by playing but there will be(or maybe there is already, I haven't checked) a paid option for players who want to pay to unlock things faster(and possibly some server priority as well, all I see is people complaining about lag, I haven't really played it).

Let's just agree to disagree.
Retired
retired moderator
#153 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:12 AM
If this is a replacement for the SPs, I'm still not particular interested, but I'm happy. It looks *much* better value for money than a SP. SP were *awful*.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
If this is a replacement for the SPs, I'm still not particular interested, but I'm happy. It looks *much* better value for money than a SP. SP were *awful*.

What are you talking about? Movie stuff was flawless.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:44 AM
I'm excited for this. I've been wanting more outdoors-y stuff to do and the price point seems good.
Theorist
#156 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
What are you talking about? Movie stuff was flawless.

So was Sweet Treats, that's why it was pulled—a sell out.
Forum Resident
#157 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:08 AM

I think I still own that TS2 Christmas SP. It was like the first ever SP and all the items had either already been released on the official site or had come with a special holiday edition version of the game already, I can't remember.
Oh the things you get given for Christmas when you're 11.
Theorist
#158 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:12 AM

Grant said he was working on stuff and game packs after a "no comment" on if there will still be stuff packs. *facepalm* it seems like there will still be stuff packs, but hopefully cheaper this time around.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Mad Poster
#159 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:41 AM
https://twitter.com/SimGuruSarah/st...106758939168768

You don't have to wear the bear suit after all. I guess, never know with these folks. You know, "things change".

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:51 AM
Every time I watch that stargazing scene, I wait apprehensively for a satellite to fall from
the sky and crush both of them. I guess I've played too much sims 2.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Forum Resident
#161 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Megido : 20th Dec 2014 at 6:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MissChevus
Every time I watch that stargazing scene, I wait apprehensively for a satellite to fall from
the sky and crush both of them. I guess I've played too much sims 2.

Okay but by far that was the best death in the series.
Your sims would just be minding their own business when suddenly completely unavoidable death would fall from the sky.
Like a big "fuck you" from god himself.
Theorist
#162 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

You don't have to wear the bear suit after all. I guess, never know with these folks. You know, "things change".

And they seem to be changing in a good way :lovestruc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#163 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:58 PM
Why do I feel like the bear NPC is just a normal sim with all of their outfits sets to the near costume and a lot of mean traits?

Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:24 PM
Why do I feel like the bear NPC is just a normal sim with all of their outfits sets to the near costume and a lot of mean traits?

That's probably true, if we get NPC, that is. But if we get, and ONLY if we get the NPC (which I highly doubt), I would wonder if it looks like Claire Ursine XD
Theorist
#165 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
That's probably true, if we get NPC, that is. But if we get, and ONLY if we get the NPC (which I highly doubt), I would wonder if it looks like Claire Ursine XD

We are getting the NPC :P
Test Subject
#166 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Goodness only knows I want to be positive, but camping!?!?!? Camping!?!?!?

You're not the only one lol
Mad Poster
#167 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Are those EA cards still around? I ask because I've been in Target (this is where people were seeing them when they first came out) a few times in my area and they're gone. They used to be on a end cap where they keep their I-Tunes cards, WOW cards, ect.. and there is no EA / Sims 4 cards. For shits and giggles I checked where they keep physical copies of the games and they're not there either.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cards were pulled as it was a really stupid idea to begin with. They made them, but they were only good in the US and Canada.

Yeah, they are at the Gamestops here in Chicago, IL. I might be assuming the EA cards are every where, I will look to see what's at Target today when I finish my Xmas shopping.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#168 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Are those EA cards still around? I ask because I've been in Target (this is where people were seeing them when they first came out) a few times in my area and they're gone. They used to be on a end cap where they keep their I-Tunes cards, WOW cards, ect.. and there is no EA / Sims 4 cards. For shits and giggles I checked where they keep physical copies of the games and they're not there either.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cards were pulled as it was a really stupid idea to begin with. They made them, but they were only good in the US and Canada.

Found mine at target, and you redeem it by going to www.ea.com, sign in, click on account, click on shipping and payment, clicking on add to account balance and there is a bar to input the card number, the card itself says to go to www.ea.com/cashcards, but that takes you to an error page, just in case anyone was wondering how to redeem them
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#169 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 7:04 PM
I wonder how EA will carry forth remedies in this pack. Sims can't get sick, so everything in the pack would be self contained. If sickness is added (why wouldn't it be?), what will be of remedies? Will it get an upgrade?

Instructor
#170 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 7:15 PM
I wonder how EA will carry forth remedies in this pack. Sims can't get sick, so everything in the pack would be self contained. If sickness is added (why wouldn't it be?), what will be of remedies? Will it get an upgrade?

Generally when they release paid gameplay or expansions they release a free patch to the base game to make sure it is compatible, like the countless patches to sims 3, they also said that sims 4 is a live service and the free updates won't be going away, kind of reminds me of an mmo formula, free patches and bug fixes with optional dlc and expansions, a good example of this is world of Warcraft, difference being there is no subscription fee, and it's not like the game is completely offline because it has online features, it is just unlike any mmo that anyone has ever played before, more like a hybrid
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#171 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:24 PM
I know of the patches. I only ask because EA weren't really find of mechanic integration from EP to EP.

Field Researcher
#172 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:51 PM

Can we add a 'pathetic' button? Or perhaps 'just sad"? ( I am referring to EA/the 'folks' you refer to.)
Mad Poster
#173 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:03 PM
I know of the patches. I only ask because EA weren't really find of mechanic integration from EP to EP.

Remember how roommates were handled with the patch in for Sims 3 Uni? Didn't quite work properly until you bought the EP, like you can have roommates but couldn't control the amount and couldn't get rid of them? I imagine the same will happen with your illness scenerio.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#174 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:09 PM
Remember how roommates were handled with the patch in for Sims 3 Uni? Didn't quite work properly until you bought the EP, like you can have roommates but couldn't control the amount and couldn't get rid of them? I imagine the same will happen with your illness scenerio.

University Life is still both one of my favorite and least favorite TS3 EPs.

One Minute Ninja'd
#175 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:15 PM

So they ripped off the llama guy from Uni. Llama, bear, whatever.

Although I got thrown for a loop one time when I got the llama guy out of their suit and discovered it was a chick. Which was OK, the mom still had some quality personal attention anyway. I mean, the llama responded to the flirt, and with that llama head on to muffle their voice, who could really tell before the costume came off?
Page 7 of 185