Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ChinaTown

by Black0rchid Posted 21st Oct 2008 at 6:13 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2008 at 6:27 PM by Black0rchid

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 10:21 PM
Thanks, I really like this!

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?
Instructor
#27 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 6:15 PM
This is gorgeous! I admire your creativity!

My DEVIANTART profile
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 9:34 PM
Hi I think this is beautiful but there is a problem. Although this lot is supposed to be Chinese, you are using alot of *Japanese* objects and I honestly don't think thats fair. Shoji walls, shoji wall dividers, outdoor pagoda lights, torii gates, samurai swords, tatami mats, all these things are JAPANESE. There actually is a difference. So, I kinda like to find Chinese things when I search for "Chinese" and Japanese things when I search for "Japanese." So I think you should rename it to something less stereotypical. Please. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katsushima
Hi I think this is beautiful but there is a problem. Although this lot is supposed to be Chinese, you are using alot of *Japanese* objects and I honestly don't think thats fair. Shoji walls, shoji wall dividers, outdoor pagoda lights, torii gates, samurai swords, tatami mats, all these things are JAPANESE. There actually is a difference. So, I kinda like to find Chinese things when I search for "Chinese" and Japanese things when I search for "Japanese." So I think you should rename it to something less stereotypical. Please. Thanks

I'm not chinese neither japanese, so this is MY vision of chinatown, a quarter located everywhere. I was inspired by a photo of a real CHINESE town for exteriors; for interiors I try to insert less CC I can, so I used far east maxis collections.
You are not buying or paying anything, and sims2 is a game, so it's not supposed that I must replicate the reality or that I can't use my imagination.
Besides, you can replace maxis content with your chinese CC, i repeat, I don't want to put in buy-custom-contents on purpose. And it's nasty uploading an apartments not furnished.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 11:30 AM
Aw man, I'd love to use your apt, but I lost my OFB disc!

Even though I can't use it, I'll still thank you for a wonderful job :3
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 2:25 PM
I'm in love with this! And I have to thank you for making downloading the content not included so easy. ( Sometimes I'll go to the site and get lost on exactly which to download lol ) Thank you so much!! <333
Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 3:44 PM
Thank you so much
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 5:29 PM
It's such a beautiful apartment lot. I'm sad, though because it crashes my game right after I have my sim rent an apartment no matter what. Can't play it. T___T
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 11:06 AM
So beautiful! thank you,
i love it~
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 4:35 AM
Simply amazing! You blow me away...

Friends don't let friends regress

*Sally*
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:13 PM
Well then obviously my opinion doesnt matter to you so its really not a big deal and your just gonna get mad anyway so cya. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 2:02 PM
Fantastic job! I'm totally downloading this!

Thank you

"Now I am become Death"
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:22 AM
This is a very beautiful lot! Stunning work! I LOVE all the detail, very realistic.
Thanks for sharing it with all of us... *downloads*
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 2:04 AM
Your work is amazing! I wanna download everything from you! But....*cries out loud* I don't have all expansion packs! Noooooo D: And the Harry Potter Diagon alley is so detailed and i love it! But i don't own..pets, seasons, bon voyage and open for business GUH!
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 12:54 PM Last edited by ladyelsa : 4th Jan 2009 at 1:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by anachronista
It's such a beautiful apartment lot. I'm sad, though because it crashes my game right after I have my sim rent an apartment no matter what. Can't play it. T___T

Absolute wonderful! i love your job ! but
I have the same problem ! T.T
I dont have idea why =S, i dont have problem with others apartments, practically I have all your creations in my game :lovestruc and i never got problems with any one of them, its the first time i have an issue.
Plz help us!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 8:32 AM
Downloaded this awhile ago and only recently moved a small family into this appartment. I'm having the same problem as some of the previous posters. Game crashes the moment I rent the appartments. Your Paris appartments seem to work just fine for me however. You make very lovely lots. I'm hoping the issue with this one can be figured out, as this appartment goes very well with my asian theme town
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 1:24 AM
anachronista, Akadai, ladyelsa : I tried installing lot in more than two pc and it worked well, besides most of downloaders have not this problem, so it's odd..
I can't figure it out, maybe this issue proceed from your pc? ChinaTown is full of objects and decorations, it's quite heavy, more than other lots of mine.
Crashes are strange for a cleaned lot, and usually they are due to hacks or corrupted objects that my lot doesn't contain..
sorry I don't know how I can help you more..
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 10:35 PM
This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 3:33 AM
Ohmigosh, this is beautiful. I absolutely love it <3

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 4:19 PM
This is my favorite design! Great job. Hoping to see more oriental work. Maybe a community??
Forum Resident
#46 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 2:09 AM
Marvelous!

Thank you,
Field Researcher
#47 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 2:00 PM
This is absolutely stunning! It makes me want to get Apartment life as soon as possible. You are a fabulous builder.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:43 PM
You have GOT to be the best there is! Thanks for this amazing custom content
Scholar
#49 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 9:02 PM
Not bad, but I don't have FT or AL.
Instructor
#50 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:09 AM
I love this lot but unfortunately, I have been getting the crashes like previous people. =/ really a dissapointment but still, its a magnificant lot and cudos for doing such lovely work.
Page 2 of 3