Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

B.o.K (The Book of Knowledge)

by cmomoney Posted 30th May 2010 at 8:35 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2012 at 3:24 PM by cmomoney

111 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 7:19 PM
I notice that there are skills for toddlers, but toddlers aren't able to click on it and "use" said book. Did I do something wrong? All my files are in the correct places.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raverbritney02
I notice that there are skills for toddlers, but toddlers aren't able to click on it and "use" said book. Did I do something wrong? All my files are in the correct places.

The B.o.K. can be used by all ages.

(baby has a guitar?)

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 6:05 AM
This makes me way too happy for my own good.
thanks!
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:37 PM
I love the idea of this "Book of Knowledge". Unfortunately, though, it's not working for me. I didn't see restrictions when I downloaded it, so I guess to say that I need to know what versions it "won't" work for.
Test Subject
#55 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CloudPanther
I love the idea of this "Book of Knowledge". Unfortunately, though, it's not working for me. I didn't see restrictions when I downloaded it, so I guess to say that I need to know what versions it "won't" work for.

This doesn't work, and I have the latest update to all versions of the extensions.

Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:38 PM
thank you bro
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:05 AM
is this compatible with 4.2?

-Isis-
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 4:13 AM
Can u make an update that alows u to put it in ur inventory
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:26 AM
This doesn't seem to want to work at all in Ambitions - it lies about as an deco ornament - is there a fix?
Instructor
#60 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 1:51 AM
I love this book! It saves so much space! How hard is it to flag an object as stackable or reduce the space it takes up in terms of game flags so that other objects can fit next to it? (I want to figure out how to get the Book of Skills to fit on the same coffee table as this but that object seems to be flagged as larger so I want to figure out how to change that for my own game).

I hope that made sense.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 2:03 PM
I have this in my game and it doesn't work - shows up as just an ornament
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:45 PM
Where'd you get the mesh for this object? Is it custom or what it in the game?

I ask because I would like a mesh of a stackable book or stackable stack of books to act as the vessel for the education controller sectional of my renovated Chaos Mod.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#63 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaosMageX
Where'd you get the mesh for this object? Is it custom or what it in the game?

I ask because I would like a mesh of a stackable book or stackable stack of books to act as the vessel for the education controller sectional of my renovated Chaos Mod.

It's a custom mesh.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 5:22 AM
Think you might update for FLS? I really loved having in my game and used it all the time - but now I'm waiting for all the mods to update.... *L* I really miss this book!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#65 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 3:20 AM
Apparently, the base game version works in FLS.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 11:07 PM
I love this and have been using it since you gave it to us. Hope it continues to work after the 25th! Thanks, cmomoney, for all the neat things you have shared.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gbreez
I love this and have been using it since you gave it to us. Hope it continues to work after the 25th! Thanks, cmomoney, for all the neat things you have shared.

sigh, so much for hopes...ah well back to using maxis huge honkin bookcases for now...

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with tomato sauce."~~unknown~~
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 4:06 PM
ver for ambitions is kicking me to windows... i have latest add-on LN - hope u will update this awsome mod
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#69 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:35 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:35 PM.
Working on an update now.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Working on an update now.
thank you, eagerly waiting, but also realize that you have other things you have to do besides catering to us FAN-atics, so take your time and don't stress.

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with tomato sauce."~~unknown~~
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#71 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:06 PM
Updated: 11.7.10 for Late Nite. Ambitions version is depreciated.
Thanks everyone.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 10:26 PM
Brilliant concept well done and thank you
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:15 PM
i'm sorry to annoy you, but i can't use this wonderfull book since i updated to this version. I there a file to modify or anything else to make this mod work? thank you very much dor your aswer :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 11:08 PM
Cool! I could sort them too. Different colors for cooking books... pregnacy books... that stuff. THANKS A LOT
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 8:20 AM
where I can find it>
in bookstore or where?
I can't find this book

of course I install this, I hope..
Page 3 of 5