Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 6:50 PM
Default Special Formatting Coding Guidelines?
I know the basic formatting options like bold/italic or centering text or bulleted lists are available in the normal "advanced" posting window, but if memory serves there used to also be a page or tab or something that listed the more complicated formatting options, and how to code them. Any chance that's still around somewhere? I'm looking to use things like specialized spoiler tags and various tables for a contest proposal, and want to be sure I'm doing it correctly!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 9:20 PM
If you look at the Help/Guide tab of the bbcode editor you'll see this sentence:

"BBCode is a way of marking your text with different formatting, inserting images, linking to URLs, and more. Some commonly used BBCodes are below, but for a bigger list you can see full bbcode list."

The text "full bbcode list" is a link to here: https://modthesims.info/misc.php?do=bbcode which lists all the codes.

Hope that helps!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 9:39 PM
Exactly what I was remembering, thank you! :D

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 12:13 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you see the tabs at the top of the editor?

Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 5:56 PM
No, if I'm looking at the in-thread 'quick reply' editor the options above it are "Quick Reply Message | Options | Preview" and if I'm in the Advanced editor I see radio buttons for "Guided Mode" and "Enhanced Mode", but nothing either place for BBCode Editor. Closest I'm seeing is the "vB code is On" line in the posting rules at the very bottom of the page (which I hadn't noticed until now would also have given me the coding guidance I'd been looking for- Sorry about that!)

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 11:31 AM
Welp, turns out that the feature I thought I'd put live I actually hadn't. Go me.

You should be seeing the tabbed bbcode editor now

Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 4:34 PM
Hi Tashiketh!

We've got the tabbed bbcode editor like you showed us in post #4 above, but we've lost the buttons that let us use the commoner bbcode options by clicking on the buttons thus:

I think a lot of us would like them back. There's at least one member complaining about it on the Sims 2 board. Any chance of bringing it back.

By the way, I've never tried clicking on the Enhanced Mode option, so I've no idea what that would do. Maybe it would have shown me the tabs.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 8:57 AM
I don't even seem to have an enhanced mode option anymore.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:46 PM
Testing 1 2 3

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:46 PM
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:56 PM
Seems to be back to the old style. What does enhanced mode do anyway?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 5:44 PM
Should be back to normal now. The "new" tabbed interface is set for people who have the bbcode editor set to "Basic Editor", and the "Standard Editor" is the one with the buttons and so on.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 4:35 PM
Thanks!

I can enter BBCode manually when I have too (E.g. Strikeout, Spoiler and Infobutton) but for most things I find the buttons much easier and faster. Thanks again!