Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default i just lost ALL of my downloads from moving files?
i honestly don't know what the hell is going on with my computer tonight.

first of all, when i try to load a family from my neighborhood screen, while it is loading i get a crash back to desktop.

so from there i decide to download the latest driver for my video card, which is nvidia.

now my game won't open at all. the screen goes black, back to the desktop, and then black again and to the desktop. it won't open.

so i tried moving my entire sims 2 folder into my desktop.
i was uninstalling the sims 2 mansion and garden stuff at that time, hoping i could uninstall that and apartment life and do a reinstall.

in the process of moving from my sims folder onto the desktop, the moving paused so i exited out of it.
a majority of the folders didn't move, and they are no where to be found in the folder on my desktop, or the folder in my sims game. ALL of that content is gone. i had about 10,000 or so files. how can i retrieve these, if possible, and why did it mess up like this?

actually, it's not just my downloads.

how can i retrieve ALL files i lost trying to move them?

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day - accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." - Don Vito Corleone [Godfather]
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 2:03 PM
Well if you haven't done anything yet you can go back to where they should be in My Docs and click 'undo'... You might also be able to access "previous versions" of My Docs, if you have installed the Shadow Copy client. Right click on any blank white space in My Docs, then select 'Properties'. If you have it installed you should see a tab at the top that says "Previous Versions". If you don't then you don't have it installed.

It sounds to me like you have more of a computer problem than a game problem. Please post system specs: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:System%20Specs Also please let us know if you've made any hardware changes since the computer was new.. new graphics card, hard drive, whatever.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:58 PM
maybe somehow the files got lost in space while i was moving.. and when i canceled it they all got deleted. :\

thanks for your help. i tried undo, but by then i had already kept closing and opening the folders. i didn't know what to do.

i guess my computer must've froze while moving files.

what i ended up doing, is getting disk digger to retrieve ALL of my downloads.

they were all in there, so they definitely got deleted.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day - accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." - Don Vito Corleone [Godfather]
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 4:32 PM
Uneraser type programs don't work unless the file has actually passed through the recyle bin.. that's very strange. Unless you actually used a partition recovery software and not just file uneraser. Anyway, glad to see you have them back.

It still sounds to me that you have something going on with your computer and if you would like help with this I need your specs and posted back in #2. Thanks.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 5:17 PM
You moved userfiles files while you were uninstalling? Most likely they just didn't all get moved before the uninstaller deleted them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 5:21 PM
Oh haha.. A+ for proper reading Totally missed the simultaneously thing.