Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:38 AM Last edited by 0ojoyo0 : 20th Oct 2012 at 3:14 AM.
Default How to export world from game?
I made the mistake of downloading a lot from the Exchange. The CC is all over my game, and I just screw it up even more when I try deleting it (even with all the great tutorials out there). I'd like to start from scratch; I don't care about the Sims, clothes, etc. But there is a world I downloaded and then made changes to that I really don't want to lose. Is it possible to export that world from the game so I can import it later, and keep everything that I did? I'd like to only have the world with the lots, no Sims. Thanks everyone.

Edit: OK, just remembered the Total Annihilation option in Twallan's Master Controller, so that takes care of one problem. Now I'm wondering if I save the world, if my lots and CC will stay in the world even after deleting all CC from my game.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 3:28 AM
If you make a copy of the Saved game, and then start from scratch, you can place that saved game in the new folder. Assuming the world you were using is still installed, you could reload that save and keep the lots, since the saved game and the Saved Lots bin are separate. Those lots would only be present for that particular save. However, any CC items used in building those lots, like, say, CC windows, will no longer be present. Same thing with any CC clothing items. The only way to keep all that CC is to either re-install the simpack they came with, or the better option, to find the site it came from originally and get it from there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 11:20 PM
Thanks, I'll do that. One more question... I've gone ahead and deleted all my CC (sims, households, lots, etc.) from the Launcher, DCBackup, Library, Saved Sims and Downloads folders, and deleted the 4 cache files. The bad CC is still showing up in CAS, although no households or lots show up in Edit Town mode. I'm at a complete loss. I can't reinstall the game because I just moved and have no idea where the discs are. Does anyone know what's going on, or have a fix that doesn't require a complete reinstall?
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#4 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 12:08 AM
make a Vanilla game. Change the "The Sims 3" folder's name, it doesn't matter to what. The next time you start the game, it will create a brand new folder, with no saves, cc, extra content, etc. Then just move what you want to keep over to the new folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 12:27 AM
Awesome, thanks so much :-)