Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 3:47 PM
Same problem here :/ I made a room 13x13 squares and put a few sofas on one wall for sims to sit, I invited 4 sims but it still says not enough room -.- it's super frustrating...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 9:58 AM
Trying to get this to work. House is plenty big. I have cleared away most of the furniture, rugs, and so forth, and have a very large space for the party, but the game still won't deliver the presents and it informs me that it hopes I'm happy with a house party because that's what I'm getting. Nothing like a snide comment from a buggy system, yeah? *sigh*
Instructor
#28 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:00 PM
In one of my games, I discovered that if you have stairs on the floor above or below your intended space, it will say you don't have enough room. Oh you should have heard the profanity when I figured that one out.

When I finally managed to get the party to work, the youngest son ended up with a bunch of enemies because of the terrible gifts. They did the dumbass shuffle trying to get to their chairs, but they finally made it.
Instructor
#29 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 8:09 AM
I just tried a gift giving party and although some of the guests "had fun" and others had a fantastic time (epic party), it seemed like a total flop to me. This was at the Joy household in Riverview. I made the garden bigger and put a greenhouse around it (my own homemade greenhouse). Well, evidently the "front door" was set to the greenhouse and the present pile plunked down in the middle of that! Their son (Elaine and Sherman (Bagley) Joy) aged up to teen during the party just as the gifts were to be opened. The gift opening never happened and the party ended. I'll try one more time and this time, the "front door" is set properly and not on the greenhouse!
Test Subject
#30 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 6:39 PM
It's not really just a case of how much room you have in the house. You need to have your front door marked, and then you need to be sure it's NOT ENCLOSED BY A FENCE, even with a gate or archway. If you have that, you can have acres of open space by your front door and it will still tell you there's not enough room.
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 1:00 PM
This is a very old thread, but I wanted to add something (because threads like this get hits from Google even years after they go dead).

If you have a fence, take out one of the sections. Also if you have a celebrity gate from the Late Night expansion, take it out completely and put it in family inventory until after the party. Even opening the gate completely and/or removing a section of the fence and setting the front door as the front door (which you should do, anyway, for this kind of party), having that gate on the property will keep the gift pile from appearing (but it works if it's in family inventory).

I also saw a recommendation that you need to have the paper being delivered to the front door (which should be the door of your house), but I can't confirm that one. I'm including it only because it may be something to try. If you've discontinued the paper delivery, turn it back on before you call to throw the party, and then discontinue the service again after the party.

Definitely make sure there's a gap in your fence, that the front door is set to be the front door, and that you don't have the celebrity gate installed.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 6:57 PM
Since you already bumped this thread, I'll share my own weird experience with gift giving party. I already touched it briefly in "What's Happening In Your Game Right Now?" thread, but I'll try to go to some more details here. I have to admit I didn't pay that much attention to the rug while I was playing, so when the party started and I didn't see the rug anywhere, I just thought I clicked on the message about not having enough space without reading it and went with it as a normal house party, even though I was quite sad about that. However, when I later checked the screenshots from the party, I noticed the rug was there when Peter, one of my Sims, prepared pizza for the, then still upcoming, party. Then I switched to one of my kids, Ruby, who was on the festival lot, to send him back home. And while I am not 100% sure about this, I think it was at that moment when the rug disappeared. If someone could explain this to me, I would be very happy, because I have no explanation for this.
Page 2 of 2