Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 2:28 AM
Default Sims you've gotten Attached to?
To celebrate my return to The Sims community and finally having the time to play the game again since the last time I've been on here a decent while ago, I've decided to make this thread. It's pretty self-explanatory, isn't it? What are some sims in your game that you've gotten attached to? Are you only attached to one or multiple? Are they still alive and well or have they long since passed? They don't even have to be human, they can be supernatural or even an animal sim. I mean, just look at me, I always get attached to my animal sims. Or, perhaps you've never gotten attached to a sim? Perhaps it's a case of being fully aware that these really are just pixels and there's no need for there to be an in-depth story that surrounds them and follows them. For that matter, do the sims you're attached to have backstories? And are they continuing their story, living on and therefore living it out before your very eyes? Or again, perhaps they have no stories and don't mean very much to you, I'm sure that's the case for lots of people!

I'm gonna go open my own game, something I've been itching to do ever since I was pulled away from it just when I was able to play it on my new machine. You guys share all you want, I'm eager to hear about everything!

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:33 AM
The sim I feel most attached to right now is named Chase Cosmic. Chase is the youngest child in gen 2 of my legacy family. He and his two older siblings also happen to be my first Born-in-game Sims to reach elderhood. Currently he is still alive and living with his husband, two sons, soon to be son in Law, and new born grandson (first time I've had a forth gen sim as well) in Twinbrook. Though I am really attached to pretty much all of the sims in my current family save for one member of gen 3 who was born with the evil trait and was a menace to the other children in the household.
But the Sims that I'm the most attached to above all others are Richard Rich and his flamepoint siamese Sapphire. They have a long history as my first ever Sims, that I origanally created on TS2 pets for consol. Since then they have followed me thorough every iteration of the Sims in which it's possable to create pets. I could never bring Rich into any game where he can't have his little girl with him, it just wouldn't be right. And he would never want that anyway, the two are totally inseparable. Honestly they aren't so much Sims to me anymore as much as they are charaters.
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:29 AM
ZELDA MAE! Forever the first sim I engaged with in TS3

what does his name even mean?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:39 PM
Right now I have a save game with all the sim versions of my favorite video games. I wouldn't say I'm attached, but I loved the time I spent while I was making them, then play with them occassionally on rotation. But I mostly spend time with sims I remade after Final Fantasy 8 characters who are in their teens. On the other hand, on the premades side, I'm always drawn to Claire Ursine, her pregnancy, and the prospect of getting her back with Jared Frio (and a possible love triangle with Connor ).

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:51 PM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Mar 2021 at 12:08 AM.
Fast approaching my second childhood (if, indeed, I have not already reached it) I find myself becoming sentimental about my sims. Yes, 'attached' is the right word, much as a small child becomes attached to some particular stuffed toy animal (in my case a fat pink rabbit named 'Tubby', if you must know). I have posted here and there. on MTS, about some of the sims I've become especially fond of. There was that loveable hellion of St Freda's, Kitty Deville (I only discovered, much later, that she shares a name with a well known burlesque performer - oops!) And there was the strangely pigmented Eliza 'Poodle' Pink: fashion icon, martial artist, explorer and international super spy. And, more recently, I have been much taken up with the beautiful and aristocratic Viscountess Zenobia Trewarne ('Nobby' to her friends) of whose adventures I hope to have more to tell soon.

But of all the sims I've created and played over the years, there is one who holds a special place in my heart...

George

Or Georgiana Millicent St. Clair, to give her full name.

George and I have come a long way together. She was just about the first sim child I ever created in The Sims. Unfortunately that was before I had fully gotten the hang of that game, and before I knew what was happening she'd been packed off to military academy. I was distraught! You can bet I took better care of her in Sims 2, and it was there that she met Stacey, Dolly and Yvonne, and the 'Little Rats' of St Freda's were born. They all have new incarnations in TS3, along with a lot of new friends and, although I am very fond of them all, George, my sweet little freckle face, is special.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
#8 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 8:33 AM
I have a house full of Pokemon villains and I love every last one of them. Even if I have to use a mod to get all the bosses in the same house and three of them are in the same career path.
#10 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
OH you have to post screenshots!!!

I'll do you one better. Behold, the playlist! Though I don't know if I'll be doing any more of them considering nobody comes any more. Also note that the videos vary wildly in quality depending on when I filmed them.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=P...hvuQgFmSumzu97C

Though here's a shot I took that's perhaps one of the most in-character things I've ever seen.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 10:10 PM
I cannot post anything as pictures because I am redesigning my whole town once again but make sure I am attached to all of my sims I made and I madeovered because they are all special to me. They are the reason probably number 1 why I love this game so much.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:43 AM
I am attached to the Crumplebottom sisters in moonlight falls. Their house looks awesome and is more spacious than the Goth mansion. I enjoy the sister's antics and in my game Belinda slimmed down and married Malcom Harris, they had a beautiful boy named Hugh. My sim and his dog moved in to be with Beatrice, and now it's full house and lots of fun. I really enjoy big families over small ones, you can see a lot more personality when sims interact with many others and they are more unique when you compare them.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 6:07 PM
No problem @Wojtek by chance I posted 3 men sims of mine here https://modthesims.info/showthread....646#post5709646 post #394 if you are interested.
But in my collection I have a little hundred of sims I did or makeovered.
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 2:09 PM
My eternal avatar on this forum? That's Leela Sims 2. Leela Sims is, namely, the Sim I inevitably end attached to.

I create one Leela in each installation of any Sims game I own, and the avatar one was from TS2.

Leela Sims 3.x (x*unknown number of times I've re-installed/rage uninstalled TS3, where x<17) is my current Sim. Sometimes I even miss her when I'm not playing. Currently, she's living in Midnight Hollow as a budding witch whose fav color is red. She sticks out in that town like s**t in a punch ball, wearing all those red outfits and driving her red car. She's Unstable, much like I am, and that's just fine. Her cat is once more called Smokey, though she's a girl this time around. (Every Leela has a cat named Smokey. It's because it's grey, and fluffy.)

I intend to adopt a real cat soon. This is me practicing, when I'm not watching endless cat-prep videos and/or Billispeaks channel on youtube.com.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd May 2021 at 1:43 PM
I always start my games with either a teen or child and after i finish decorating my world, I always end up using my go to sim Molly Saunders. I don't know why she has a hug impact on my but I didn't realize until last year that she resembles Ellie from Degrassi: The next generation (her family doesn't have the drunk mom and army dad. her dad is a scientist, mom is a business woman, and she has an adult sister that she doesn't like but has to fill her shoes since she so "perfect")

She was a sim that came along with the kinky mod, and after I took that out the game, I saved one of them and made them into a teenager. After years of using her, I started to update her look and I can't play a normal game because i'm not playing her.

That's my baby right there!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 5:26 PM
Not in the Sims Proper, but in the Sims Mobile.

So, I made a sim I called "Vespera Graves" and intended to grow her into a delightfully evil sim, and possibly a witch if the game ever expanded into that. All that changed when she met... him.

His name was Kurt, and he was one of the pre-made townies your sim could interact with. He had no personality to start with (and frankly, neither did Vespera) But the way he was designed visually just appealed to me. I began to immediately befriend him, and then he and Vespera got married. I mentally superimposed the personality of a guy I had a crush on at the time on to Kurt, and as a result, my mental personality of Vespera softened as well. She would no longer be evil because of him (she would still be a witch though). I stopped playing the game not too long after, but the Romance I created between Kurt and Vespera reminded me so much of my favorite episode of my favorite TV show growing up, that the two of them still occupy my thoughts.

I'm thinking about re-creating the couple in Sims 3, just so I can re-live those feelings of utter romance I once had. And this time, Vespera really can be a witch!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 2:57 PM
EA's River McIrish

My River McIrish

She and Bebe Hart tend to make appearances in ALL my games.
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 5:18 PM
i've always loved the Goth family for some reason lol. In Sims 2, the daughter in my first household ever created in the game married Alexander Goth and I haven't switched families ever since. In Sims 3, I also got one of my first sims ever to marry Mortimer Goth. And in Sims 4, the first sim in my family tree married Alexander Goth as well. So my legacies always start with the Goth family, except in one Sims 4 legacy where the Goth family entered my family tree in the 4th generation. Sadly I stopped playing as that legacy after the 13th generation.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 12:30 AM
I normally don't get attached to premades, only the very few sims that I actually play. However, I do have a soft spot for Bessie Clavell in SV. I always noticed that she would spend 95% of my playing time crying somewhere in the world. Buster is always an absolute pig toward her, shouting at her or doing other awful things. Her hideous leeching son always heckled her playing the guitar or was forever taking money from her. I felt so sorry for poor Bessie, so I gave her a makeover, had Buster die a horrible death, and she met and married my sim Lia's father in Monte Vista, who is the sweetest man ever. Now Bessie is happy and content to live out her few remaining years with a family that loves and appreciates her.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive