Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 1:58 AM Last edited by yvanehtnioj22 : 10th Jul 2021 at 2:20 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Administrator blocked" installing Sims 2 Freetime and Apartment Life.
So I was trying to install the Freetime expansion pack, and a message popped up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection", despite the fact I'm the only user of this PC.
Can someone help me, please?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 2:07 AM
Do you have an option to log in or install as Administrator?
What OS are you using? (It may make a difference to how you go about telling the machine you're the Administrator.) What about anti-virus?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 2:11 AM
Sorry, this has been fixed.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 8:24 PM
This is a common issue with anything Sims 2 related released in 2008; digital signatures have expired so it will get blocked. The ways around this is running the installer using the elevated Command Prompt, or using the hidden Administrator account to install the game.