Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2022 at 2:49 AM
Default Finding Broken CC
I've got several clothing CC items that don't work. Some were items previously working, some I'm sure I didn't notice when I did a mass download that they weren't working. I've finally gotten annoyed enough that I want them gone. Problem is, I have a ton of CC, and it would take me literally days to go through it all and I don't think I can handle that. So my question is: Is there a relatively quick/easy way to find broken CC so I can delete it? I've googled for answers, and tried the couple of programs I've found mentioned, but neither found all of the problem CC. The first found several that I deleted, and the second found none. I accept and admit this is likely user error, but it leaves me back at square one with broken CC. So, is there another option my google combing hasn't found, or do I need to settle in for the long haul of checking all my CC one at a time, mental health be damned?

TYIA <3
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 8:40 AM
There is no quick fix and depending how much CC you got it could take longer.

First thing to do is wear the offending piece of clothing.

I know several ways

You can create a dresser.log file with MCCC under it's logging options
You could view the sim wearing that piece of clothing in TS4 Ripper and then click Sim Information and it tells you the filenames.
You could save a copy of the sim wearing this piece you want to delete to your Library and use Ts4 Tray Importer to view it's details.
You could browse for it after pressing the my CC button in Sims4Studio
You could monitor your disk activity in real-time with Process Monitor then you just click on the clothing in CAS and it tells you what filename was last accessed.

Myself I prefer the last option, but downside it takes a little time to install and set-up correctly when first run

Anyway Good Luck.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
There is no quick fix and depending how much CC you got it could take longer.

First thing to do is wear the offending piece of clothing.

I know several ways

You can create a dresser.log file with MCCC under it's logging options
You could view the sim wearing that piece of clothing in TS4 Ripper and then click Sim Information and it tells you the filenames.
You could save a copy of the sim wearing this piece you want to delete to your Library and use Ts4 Tray Importer to view it's details.
You could browse for it after pressing the my CC button in Sims4Studio
You could monitor your disk activity in real-time with Process Monitor then you just click on the clothing in CAS and it tells you what filename was last accessed.

Myself I prefer the last option, but downside it takes a little time to install and set-up correctly when first run

Anyway Good Luck.

Dude, I love you?
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 12:23 AM
You could also use https://modthesims.info/d/663086/si...eta-v1-0-7.html
You can see most items and delete from there as well.