Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chitownriverscum
So I went back to the date I started this thread, and found an error log that pertained to this problem. By doing a 50/50, I had narrowed down my list of suspect files to 4, including one called "no one goes to college"... which sort of makes sense given the mentions of "physics major" etc., in the text of the log itself. While I do have University installed, I haven't played a college hood in probably a decade - I find them overly tedious, sort of like college itself was for me - and was perhaps getting tired of being reminded that "it's time to start thinking about..." re: my teenaged Sims. Would this mod effect the phone system? Possibly, if it were conflicting with something else I have installed. Having said that, I admittedly don't REALLY have a clue what I'm talking about, and also cannot now find any mention of this mod on the internet.

However, I have attached both the sample error log and the mod under scrutiny. Not sure if they're related... perhaps someone with some actual knowledge of Sims nuts and bolts can take a peek. Since I've removed those 4 files, the phones have been working as they ought to... but I'm still curious about what was causing the issue.

The problem is that you're using Lamare's upgrade to full time job mod and you don't have BV or a later EP, which that mod seems to require. It has nothing to do with college or the physics major.
Page 2 of 2