Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 8:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing hairstyles in CAS
Hello everyone,
I accidentally (I don't know what I was thinking) used the trash button in CAS and all basegame defaults I had disappeared. I redownloaded them and they work properly, however, I found another bug. Most hairstyles for teenagers females from basegame went missing in hair options in both CAS and mirror. I only have 5 hairstyles from the basegame to choose, however, when I went to choose whole face or switched from adult with other hairstyle from basegame, it works properly. I just cannot choose it by itself in hair options and when sim is wearing it f.e. because they had it before, nothing is highlighted as chosen in hair options.
I thought I might downloaded some hiders, but getting out cc and the whole folder didn't solve the problem.
Did anyone had the same problem?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugovega
Hello everyone,
I accidentally (I don't know what I was thinking) used the trash button in CAS and all basegame defaults I had disappeared. I redownloaded them and they work properly, however, I found another bug. Most hairstyles for teenagers females from basegame went missing in hair options in both CAS and mirror. I only have 5 hairstyles from the basegame to choose, however, when I went to choose whole face or switched from adult with other hairstyle from basegame, it works properly. I just cannot choose it by itself in hair options and when sim is wearing it f.e. because they had it before, nothing is highlighted as chosen in hair options.
I thought I might downloaded some hiders, but getting out cc and the whole folder didn't solve the problem.
Did anyone had the same problem?

Uh-oh. You said you deleted the defaults from within the game? The game may have gotten confused and deleted what they were replacing. Do you have any backups of your program files? If not... there’s two possible options. Either you reinstall OR, and I’ll have to wait until a mod says okay, but I may be able to give you a copy of my base game program files, because I have backups. But again, I’d need a moderator’s approval for the latter because of the forum’s (understandable) anti-piracy policy. Of course, there’s no guarantee my files would help, but if it’s just the base game...