Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 9:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default no neighborhoods at all
for some reason there is no neighborhoods at all on windows 10
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 9:22 PM
We're going to need more information than that. Is this a new install or had you been playing and they all vanished overnight?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 9:32 PM
they vanished overnight i moved the folder too desktop. But the game is not making a new folder it says low disk space. When launching game it is installed on c.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 9:56 PM
Which folder did you move (install folder or documents folder), and how did you move it?

Just moving the folder might not be enough if you want to use a different drive for one of these, as they usually depend on the registry. If you remove the install folder improperly, it's pretty much the same as uninstalling the game, as far as the game is concerned (but not done properly, so there will be issues). If you just remove the folder in Documents with your current game (EA Games or "The Sims 2 (UC?)" folder), the game should create a new folder.

If your computer is saying "low disc space" it's often one of two reasons - you're either actually running out of disc space (check it), or (if you have Win10/11) OneDrive is messing with your Documents folder, and is trying to copy more than it can handle, throwing an error because it can't copy over the entire Documents folder. Might want to check it out.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 10:08 PM
my documents folder is on d: since c: drive to small for all in documents folder. there is 350gb left on c drive out of 562 gb. and d drive has 972 free space out of 104 tb
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:48 AM
I tried moving my documents folder to a different drive once. The game won't be able to find it anymore if it's in a different location from where it was installed to. I had to reinstall my whole game and change the folder location then.

If you reinstall with the game looking for the folder in the correct location, then you should be able to just copy the files over from the folder on your desktop.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 2:37 PM
104 TB on a PC? Where do you work? NASA?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 2:57 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Sep 2022 at 9:30 PM.
1,04 TB, maybe? I don't think you can fit 104 TB into a regular home computer, and it would be quite expensive...

350gb should be plenty for the game, though. The savegame folder uses about 1.5-4 GB depending on how many hoods you have, plus whatever downloads you have.

Some files can take up a lot of space but aren't needed, like the Project files for Bodyshop, so a good cleanup if you make a lot of CAS CC can save you quite a bit of space (but save PSDs/layered work files elsewhere, if you've got those in there).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 7:23 PM
yeah 1.04 tb
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 11:43 PM
You should be able to use a different path for Documents in your computer's settings, that way the game won't have any trouble finding anything. Did you recently try to move the Documents folder without changing the computer's settings? Low disc space error can also happen if you have the wrong locale set. Did you change that recently?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 5:07 AM
yeah that i did will check that
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 8:31 AM
You can't just move the Documents folder.

If you want to move it, or any of it's contents to a different drive, you need to run CMD as an administrator and set it up using the mklink /j command.

I've moved my Documents folder, and many many other folders (including some of appdatas internal ones (don't move appdatas itself) using this method and had excellent results.
Instructor
#13 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 31337grl
You can't just move the Documents folder.

If you want to move it, or any of it's contents to a different drive, you need to run CMD as an administrator and set it up using the mklink /j command.

I've moved my Documents folder, and many many other folders (including some of appdatas internal ones (don't move appdatas itself) using this method and had excellent results.

Yeah, moving the Documents folder manually (cut + paste) can cause issues.

But, with Windows 10 (and maybe Windows 11), you can move the Documents folder with using the Properties menu and going to the Location tab.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 4:15 AM
it was the system local not sure why origin throw a fit if that changed.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 3:15 PM
It's old thread but here's this topic about the "low disk space" issue, I'll just quote the solution they had here:

Quote:
Go to "Run" or press Windows + R then type "regedit" and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then select SOFTWARE
For 32-Bit: Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click on the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

For 64-Bit: Open "Wow6432Node" then Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

Before: The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection
After: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

No idea why it would suddenly have that issue after working fine earlier(?) but the "low disk space" error reminded me of that problem from the past.