Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 10:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Application terminates" 2/3 of the way into lot loading
Ok, so I've recently put in a whole new hard drive and reinstalled ALL of the sims 2 and all expansions, plus kitchen and bath and mansion and garden. I have NO custom content/downloads or even user files. I'm using Windows XP (All service packs) on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz and 2 GB of RAM. My video-card is a GeForce 7600 GS, and I installed all directX and video card drivers within the past few days.

Every single lot I've tried, in various neighborhoods, gets 2/3 of the way through the loading screen, then the generic application crashed and terminated error box comes up. It doesn't freeze, just goes to desktop. I went through everything in the Game Problem FAQ. The game always worked perfectly on a system almost exactly the same as this (the only difference is a new hard drive, twice the size of the last one). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling mansion and garden since it removes and recreates all the user files, but that didn't make a difference.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 11:05 PM
If clean user files don't work and you're patched, then uninstall everything, reinstall one by one and test each time.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 12:50 AM Last edited by whiterider : 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 2169941, 2169960, 2170004
Thanks, guess I'll get to work.

Wow, with mansion and garden out, it crashes 1/3 of the way through the lot load. What on earth?

Okay, apparently it was Bon Voyage. So now what? Do I just leave it off, buy a new copy, try reinstall?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:32 AM
Did you get any errors when installing BV the first time? Try the ideas in this: Game Help:Installwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:06 PM
Nah it installed perfectly as always, and never gave me problems before now. It was only crashing in-game