Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 8:06 PM
I'm having more fun with this challenge than I thought I would have!

My founder is a Goopy-faced sim named Demetrius Shea. He's a charmer of a Knowledge sim, and his LTW is to Max All Skills.

Day 1, he met a townie named Christy with the welcome wagon, and he had two bolts with her, so he spent time woo-ing her inbetween skilling a few things here and there.

Night falls, he has his date with the telescope, and soon comes Alien Child 1, a boy, Dionysus.

Demetrius's first pregnancy was pretty easy -- he skilled, had two dream dates with Christy, and only puked twice.

Immediately after Dionysus's birth, he got pregnant again.

Then came a girl, Joy. And another girl, Hope. And then Faith, another girl. And Grace, yet another girl. Followed by Charity, also a ...girl. The last child was another boy, who I called Bacchus.

So far I've been enjoying this challenge quite a lot. Dionysus and Joy have teen'd, and Hope is due to teen soon, which makes it a lot easier to care for the toddlers and babies. Demetrius has been excellent at caring for all the babies, although now I'm glad the abductions are over.

Dionysus rolled Popularity and teen'd before the babies were all born, and he's fearing his dad getting abducted, so I'm glad that's mostly over with. Joy's Romance, and she doesn't mind too much.

Grace earned the family a genie lamp, and I'm thinking of using it to make Demetrius, and maybe Dionysus perma-plat.

The alien babies are almost all 10-nice-point creepy smilers, which helps because they all get along and roll wants to play with each other and be BFF's with everybody.

Pictures to come eventually. :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:43 AM
W-wow...you have played a lot PearlRose!!!

I'm only up to my third pregnancy so far. Tons of fun.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Original Poster
#78 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:38 AM
Wow! I'm impressed. You're the first person I know of who made it through all seven babies. 8D I love their names, too. It's like a split sort of theme naming.

I just played the Picard family a bit, and it's made progress. Wesley had his third child, a boy named Davey, and is pregnant with his fourth (second trimester). Kaworu and Davey just aged- Kaworu's a child, and Davey's a toddler. Both of them are so cute~ Nessie's halfway through childhood, but her transition won't happen any time before this next baby is born. Also, if she gets that homework done, she may just get an A+ tomorrow. But she's now happy to have a playmate her own age, and excited to have new siblings. Wesley just wants some sleep, poor guy...
Scholar
#79 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 7:15 AM
Well, I played the Hawkins for about two hours. Saturn grew up to be a child with a squashed-in face and funky clothes, and Mercury got an A+ and a boyfriend (well, a friend, she's still only a child) and he had another baby called Venus with max playful, nice and active points, and then...

I was messing around with boolprop and accidentally made Saturn a teen. Decided not to save it. I want everything to happen in it's own time.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
#80 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:13 AM
Holy moly, this is so much harder than I first thought it would be.

I had Michael (my founder) study cooking to a whopping level 4 before making his extremely tired self go out and get abducted at 7 pm. He slept peacefully after coming back. I did make him shower and use the toilet first, and I am glad I did. He kept hurling for the next three days, poor guy.

He managed to strike up a conversation and friendship with a passerby, and that's good. I did make him study cleaning before the baby was born and to get cooking to 5. (This may be a holdover from sims 1, but there seems to be fewer fires and burnt food at 5 bars. I could be wrong, but I do it anyway.

Is it just me, or with Apartment Life, do the poor pregnant folk just cannot get enough food or rest? I finally wound up making spaghetti en mass to use as leftovers so that I could keep the poor guy fed and not starving.

Andrea was born with a minimum of fuss, but that was the last quiet moment dear old dad has had.

Dorian was born a following 4 or so days (3 and half, or so) following.

Managed to get Andrea potty trained, and talking before she aged into a child (with green aspiration, poor dad just had to sleep and eat all the time to stay somewhat healthy.)

Allisandra was born, again, just about 3 and a half days following.

Can we say insane? I had to have Andrea call for the nanny becausee I forgot to do it before Dad got abducted (oops) and it was a relief to see her show up and actually clean! OMG! No more green fuming bottles! Diapers disposed of! Toilets not gunky!

Dad came back, collapsed and slept. I suppose I should have had Andrea dismiss the nanny, but at this point she was just aboutt to get on the bus for school, so the nanny stayed a couple of hours extra until I coulld get michael to wake up from his landing on the grass out front and stagger inside to pass out on a quickly placed bed in the living room.

And that's where I am.

Heh.
#81 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 12:39 PM
Nice challenge. Started one yesterday evening. So far my founder has 5 children. 2 kids (a girl and a boy), one toddler (a girl) and twin baby boys. Baby number 6 is already on it's way.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 9:31 PM
"No teasing me about my maxis paternity clothes and very maxis-looking aliens" - meggie
oh we won't, I was just posting the clothes as a suggestion.

"This may be a holdover from sims 1, but there seems to be fewer fires and burnt food at 5 bars. I could be wrong, but I do it anyway. Is it just me, or with Apartment Life, do the poor pregnant folk just cannot get enough food or rest?" -Thaissa
I think it just depends on what you tell them to cook in the sims2. after the first cooking skill point or three, they shouldn't cause a fire anymore (if you have them use the stove, sandwiches and cereal can never be burned, some sims live on them). And after that, they usually only have a real chance of buring it if it's the most filling food they can make and they've never made it before. Once they get other cooking point or make/burn it a few times, at least for me, they get very good about not burning it. But the more cooking skill points, the more filling meals you can make, the better. I've been keeping a group meal of either salmon or pork chops stored for when Haruto's hunger starts turning like orange, or less than 1/3 full. And the preg sims doing nothing but sleep eat has been something i've dealt with since like base game, so yeah.

and on the topic of my family, I've been having lots of fun with this challenge . Haruto's first son, Fa, grew up into a teenager! Yay! now he does like half the stuff Haruto used to by himself. Like caring for toddler/baby (feed, change, put to bed, help with toddler big three), cleaning, helping with homework, all that stuff. Well, it kinda goes back and forth between the two of them with the basic toddler/baby care, but it's mostly Fa, leaving Haruto lots of time to sleep, give lots of snuggles and tickles to his toddlers who keep wanting them, and I can actually keep his fun meter up now. Though, I've hit another problem that I myself caused.... they're like almost out of money, so the two kids, Ana and Mako (both girls) share a room, Mako sleeps in Fa's old bed, while Fa sleep next to his dad, since Haruto has a double bed, the medieval one at the top for energy. Also both cribs are in Haruto's bed room. I haven't needed more than 2 at the same time though, mostly since he's had no twins this whole time. He's preg for his 6th time. Watch, he'll have twins the 7th time. It's not supposed to be possible without hacks that I can't find, but it happened in one of my legacy houses, she had twins when there was only room for 1 more kid in the house. I have no idea what caused it. If anyone knows of a hack for more than 8 in a house for FT, I would like that.

Though I'ld have to say another piece of advice for doing this would be more than 1 toddler toilet is very helpful, especially at first. I have like 3 in the house, and they only have 2 bathrooms. Though I finally did add the second floor, running into the problem of how much walls cost in this game, like I always do.

I really should post pictures, but I'm lazy as can be.....
Test Subject
#83 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skuld Lunrix
Wow! I'm impressed. You're the first person I know of who made it through all seven babies. 8D I love their names, too. It's like a split sort of theme naming.

Thanks! I was trying to decide what to name the kids without being to obviously space age-y. A lot of constellations come from Greek and Roman mythology, so that's where I got the idea to name the boys. At least, it was the plan to name the boys after Greek and Roman gods.

But I got so many girls! I wasn't expecting that at all. The first girl was named joy because she was a "joy" to her father -- he was rolling a get abducted want! When trying to name the second girl - who I thought was going to be a boy - I thought up Hope, and then the rest of the girls got virtue names after that. When the last boy was born, I decided to name him Bacchus, since he's the Roman equivalent of Dionysus, and it seemed nice to have the boys bookmark each other like so.

Anyhow enough of my babbling about the challenge. Group pic time!

From L to R:
Front: kids - Grace, Faith, Hope
Back: teens - Dionysus, holding Charity and Joy, holding Bacchus.
Scholar
#84 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 11:22 PM
Pearlrose - I love the naming scheme! Mythological names work really well for this!

Well I downloaded Auggie some more appropriate manternity wear, just in time for bump two. He calmed down after that, no more puking THANK JEBUS, and spent lots of time painting.

But the inevitable happened and....well.....I got my first pair EVER of alien twins *facepalm* this would happen to me with a challenge -.-

Meet Smenkhkare (who oddly has no "father" listed, I've got a default replacement PT), a redhead with his daddy's eyes and alien skin.

Then we have Tutankhaten, another redhead who HAS a father (birthqueen 27 or something I think) but oddly has his daddy's eyes AND skin.

So two babies down, 5 more to go.....Shoot me now, this will not end well *runs to download toddler blankets*

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:58 AM
Aww... I'm not sure whether that's rotten or great luck. 8D8 Though it doesn't help at all, your Sim father is still really good looking, especially with better maternity wear :3 Good luck with the twins! It gets much easier once they're not toddlers anymore, trust me.

I like the progress that everyone is making! I'm too lazy to update the LJ, so some pics from mine here.

This is Kaworu, being held by Wesley. He's a child now, but he was the cutest toddler :3

He's aged now. Here with big sister Nessie.

The toddler, Davey, banging away on his xylophone like he must.

And Kaworu banging on his teddy like he must. He's a grouchy/playful sim- which makes for some interesting shots as he cuddled the bear right after this.

And Wesley's pregnant again!

The toddler over there is Kaworu, not Davey. These pics are out of order. That's it for me for now. Off to try and make them all happy...
Edit: Had the kid. A little girl named Perenelle.
Another edit: Nessie has teen'd, which made this challenge a whole lot easier than it would've been otherwise. She has Romance aspiration, which I find the funniest thing ever as she has no shy/outgoing. Update to come I guess...
#86 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 6:51 AM
I started this challenge the other day and am up to the fourth kid. It's going surprisingly well. The two oldest girls, Star and Stella, have A+ report cards and platinum aspiration. I've managed to keep the father, Damien, in the green for mood and away from aspiration failure.
The youngest two are Orion, a boy, who is a toddler, and an infant Freya.

I would post my snapshots, but I'm not sure where they are kept, or if I have made enough posts yet.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 1:09 PM
i finally got over to reading ur posts on LJ Skuld Lunrix, it's fun stuff. and awesome for first teen of the house. maybe this one's the lucky one, cuz once u have a teen, you now have 2 sims doing what 1 sims used to do alone, if u make the teen cook clean and look after their siblings. but yes, best of luck and what-not
Original Poster
#88 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by demonofsarila
i finally got over to reading ur posts on LJ Skuld Lunrix, it's fun stuff. and awesome for first teen of the house. maybe this one's the lucky one, cuz once u have a teen, you now have 2 sims doing what 1 sims used to do alone, if u make the teen cook clean and look after their siblings. but yes, best of luck and what-not

Yes, yes, it is very nice. :3 It also meant I could finally go and get them some better clothes, which I was happy about. I actually now have two teens- Kaworu and Perenelle just aged, along with the baby I never really mentioned, Rodrik. Pregnant with #6 at the moment...and will be for quite a long time, as just after I saved the game, my computer's motherboard failed, and it's currently being fixed far away. Dunno when it'll be back. I'll be happy when it is, though... 8D.

Having two teens should be butterflies and rainbows, but right now it's a bit of a hassle to keep all their needs and grades up. Sigh...

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! I feel so much better now. ^___^
Scholar
#89 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:26 PM
Here I go again LOL

I started posting em on my LJ, so take a look.

http://vipersasylum.livejournal.com/9006.html#cutid1

SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#90 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:39 PM
"my computer's motherboard failed, and it's currently being fixed far away"
OUCH. at least it waited for you to save though. but yes i like the LJ.

And now I will finally assalt you all with a random smattering for pictures (can't promise in order, but I'll try sort of):

Haruto, my 'founder' doing what all post FT sims do when they move into a house/lot, look for birds.
(sorry for small pictures, I'm dumb)

teeheehee

Yes, the kid is crying to be put to bed, so you should give him bottle after bottle after bottle. Leave my house Now.

Yes, I'm crazy. 2 dream dates and woohoo's with the same 1 sim.

Children are the easiest life stage. This is Fa, Haruto's first son.

I think this might be the last time I had to call the Nanny. I celebrated in my head when I told her to go home for the first time.

At some point Fa grew up into a teen.
Having 1 teen is so helpful and make this easier.
And he meets his other dad.
(I didn't do this, he did, and I didn't notice it until it was too late)

Fa is a nothing hater, who sleeps in his dad's bed.

yay for Yuto growing up... too many teens GETS ANNOYING.

So do random bug jars on the couch

She pulled this on me too. I forget which one this is....
He had like 1 boy, 3 girls, 1 boy, and lastly a girl. He's about to have the last one too.
Though, I think my game goofed a little:

But Amane (a-ma-ne) is so cute I don't care if it's cuz my game broked for a little bit.

And we're ending on an interesting conversation:

one of these was right after the other, you decide which came first

Anway, sorry fro the long post and I should totally post somewhere without a image limit... Maybe the exchange since the pictures are in order in the game. And because i've gotten into the habit of always writing stories using that thing when I'm playing a house. it's the only reason I have pictures in the first place. Anyway, fun times.

And just for the fun of it, Founder-Haruto, Fa-fisrt son, Ana- first girl, Mako-2nd girl, Nami-another girl, Yuto-second son, Amane- another girl, ???-last child about to be born as soon as i enter the house again

Scholar
#91 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 4:10 AM
Okay, i gotta come clean....I used maxmotives I feel bad about it, but I felt worse for my poor guy. I didn;t want him to die and leave the babies all alone, and twins right off the bat were just TOO much! I
ll try not to use it again though!

SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#92 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 5:43 PM
If we get a pet... can we make it get a job?
Test Subject
#93 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 11:12 PM
I'm actually nearly through with the challenge, and it went remarkably well. Daddy JP is a knowledge/family sim, which seemed the ideal combination to put up with the near-constant abductions and diaper-changing for the first few sim years. The kids are named after the Latin words for the 7 Deadly Sins -

Ira - male - luckily rolled a knowledge aspiration, as he is quite shy and serious.
Luxurio - male - rolled a friendship aspiration, which is also working well, as he is very outgoing (although very lazy)
Avaritio - male - rolled pleasure, which is fairly tough for him, since he's serious and active, but frequent bouts of couch-jumping seem to keep him cheerful enough
Gula (female) and Invidio (male) - natural twins, who are still children, so who knows what their aspiration will be? Both rather tidy, nice and very active, so they clean as they go
Acedio - male - my least favorite, 0 niceness points, 10 outgoing points, spends most of this time making life miserable for those around him. I hope he rolls wealth aspiration, since that seems to be the only way to keep the mean ones happy.
Superbia - female toddler - the opposite of Acedio, minimum outgoing, maximum nice. A natural-born knowledge or family sim, but again, who knows?

If I can figure out how, I'll post pictures. The teens are quite nice about helping out with the young ones, which is a big relief for poor JP.
Original Poster
#94 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 2:43 AM
Slytherin-girl: I'm tempted to forgive you because I love your sim dad so much. x3 Well, actually I don't much care in the first place. You did break the challenge but I won't get all in your face about the rules. It is just a game, after all. But good luck with the rest of it! It may be challenging now, but you'll have double the help when they're teens.

Anebird: I don't see why not.

Mongo: I love your kids' name theme! And yes, that's an excellent combo. I wish I had FreeTime.

I still haven't made any progress, but the good news is my laptop should be fixed and back to me in a few days! 8D I'm thinking of (re)starting a legacy from one of the kids, but I'll wait until they're all adults before deciding which.

EDIT: COMPUTER IS HEAR! Once I get through all the installation/restarting/updates silliness that comes with having your computer out of commission for two weeks I'll go and greet the Picards. ^___^
Scholar
#95 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 12:31 AM
Thanks! He's doing good now, here's a few shots (I'm really far to lazy to put em all on LJ....I shouldan't have started that LOL)

Both of the boys have grown up to toddlers now (And I swear Toddler blankets are a GODSEND)

Here's Smenkhkare

And Tutankaten (Who initially had Auggie's hair too....but Smenkhkare wears it better so he gets to keep it)

They're both pretty good little sprogs, but Smenkhkare is rather devious looking....cute sure, but devious!

And of course, bump 2! (I'm hoping for a girl myself....there's very few male Amarna era names, there were a LOT of princesses :P)

SixWordStories
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 4:19 AM
Aww, dey so cute! <3 I love how his hair is all inheritable. Keep going! And I have to ask, what's a toddler blanket, and why is it so awesome?

I did play the Picards a bit, and while I'll put more detailed stuff on my LJ here's the basic sum of stuffs that happened.

Wesley spawned his third girl, Onyx.

And is currently carrying #7, who will be either Helen or Hansel. Fat pregnancy is hilarious.

Nessie, a long-suffering shy romance, actually met another teen, thanks to the Matchmaker. No first kiss yet, but we're working on it. She's a week from adulthood, which I find unbelievable.

Davey teen'd and became positively adorable.

Kaworu teen'd and kept getting weirder.

Perenelle went from a VERY cute toddler to a sort of forgettable child.

Rodrik rages for the camera.

Onyx became a toddler. Here, she plots her hostile world takeover. She's my favorite toddler so far. Davey is my favorite kid, and he and Nessie are tied for favorite teen.

And Komei stole my newspaper. Lovely days.
Scholar
#97 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 4:32 AM
Thanks! It's a custom hair colour, not one of the four, so I'll try to go by eyebrows for the kidlets! And a toddler blanket is a blanket that goes on the floor that toddlers can put themselves to sleep with! It ROCKS!

Heeheee I see you got a good old bathroom birth, very nice!

SixWordStories
Original Poster
#98 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slytherin-girl
Thanks! It's a custom hair colour, not one of the four, so I'll try to go by eyebrows for the kidlets! And a toddler blanket is a blanket that goes on the floor that toddlers can put themselves to sleep with! It ROCKS!

Heeheee I see you got a good old bathroom birth, very nice!

8D. Must. Find. Toddler blanket plz.

Yep, after six tries he gave birth in the bathroom! Once in the nursery, once in the kitchen, once in the bathroom, and three times in the bedroom. You see where he frequents.
Forum Resident
#99 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 11:11 PM
I enjoyed looking through this thread and spent way too long here.

I wanted to say that toilet training doesn't have to take forever. Once the toddler is placed on the potty chair and the adult or teen sim is turning around, you can click off the action for the adult or teen as soon as the blue of the skill measure icon starts to appear over the the toddler's head. It must be before the adult or teen turns all the way around. This allows the toddler's bubble to fill as he or she goes potty, but allows you to give the other sim another action such as "use the toilet" while waiting for completion of the action. I hope that makes sense. Just try it. You will be very glad you did!

Also, if money is not an issue, buy the buffet table for $300 and then serve food. However, cancel as soon as the turkey appears. The turkey cost is $150. Have your sim get a plate of turkey and then cancel the action. Put the leftovers away or in inventory. You'll get 12 plates of turkey for later consumption and can re-serve the food again for another 12 plates for an additional $150. Turkey fills up a very hungry sim very well and the time saved from not having to prepare it is another big bonus. Sell back the buffet table and get your original $300 back again as well. Your pregnant sim won't have to wait for food to be fixed and then eat two or three times this way.

I am thinking that I might just have to try this adventure. I have played so many toddler challenges that I think one at a time would be easier than seven at once. I haven't had to deal with the staying home from work and having morning sickness at the same time though. (I generally like to send pregnant sims to work the first day and try to avoid the "ode to the toilet" theme as much as possible.)

Also, someone asked about a larger family size hack. There is one that worked for me on MTS2. Type in "large family" on a search and you'll find it. There is a problem when you take someone on vacation or maybe even just downtown, because the game might not allow them back on the lot due to checking the family size requirements upon return and exceeding to lot limit.
#100 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 2:38 AM
Wow, Ciane, thanks for the tip. That will definitely come in handy! I have really enjoyed this challenge, Skuld. It's hard, but not impossible or endlessly long. Just how I like my challenges.
Page 4 of 10