Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:19 PM.
Default The Ultimate Alphabet Legacy (testers wanted)
This challenge is my take on an alphabet legacy, with the sae challenges in each generation. I will get progressively harder, though, because each generation will have one more kid than the last, until you get up to 26 kids. For each thing you do, you get the number of points listed, you subtract that many if you dont do those things (unless otherwise stated) The things you have to do in each generation are:

1. Lifetime Wants each heir and their spouse must achieve their LTW.

worth 3 points/LTW

2. Spouses each spouse must do something special, being a supernatural is an easy one (note, for aliens the spouse has to get abducted, not be an alien). You must become the supernatural before becoming an elder without cheats. Or you could do anything else you think is special.

worth 1 point/spouse

3. Paintings have somebody paint one picture of each kid and spouse. For heirs you need one of each lifestage. (so, 6)

worth 1 point/painting

4. Private school get each kid into private school before becoming a teen.

worth one point/kid (no negative points)

5. toddlers toddlers need to get all three skills. for each set of twins born, you get one smartmilk dispenser, but you dont necisarily have to use it on those toddlers.

worth one point/skill

6. skills each kid must max one skill before moving out. They can max more than one for extra points, but one is required.

worth one point/skill

Rules

-no cheats

-kids must be named alphabetically, as in, gen 1 kid is Abby, 2 are Alex and Blair, 3 are Andrew Ben and Carey.
-the heir is always the last kid of the generation, so you end up with one heir per letter.
-twins each get their own letter, unless that would mean going past the last letter for the generation, in which case they would share.
-same sex couples are allowed, but no adoption. you need the hack for same sex pregnancy. only one of them can be pregnant at a time though, unless the the pregnancy is an abduction
-alien babies count towards your kid total, unless you have already reached your quota
-when naming the heir, cover their gender up, and give them a unisex name, so that you dont know the gender until toddlerhood. (optional)

you can use whatever hacks you want (including more-than-8-in-a-household hacks) as long as they dont make anything listed above significantly easier.

my story is in the link in my signature (well, coming soon, once i get my laptop back) . Feel free to post your own

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:57 PM
This actually looks like a really fun challenge. Maybe when I start playing sims 2 properly again I will try it.

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:45 AM
Are you allowed to use forcetwins? And the triplets and quads hack?

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:45 AM
What happens if you naturally have twins on the first generation?

Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 7:55 PM
I have started this challenge and will be posting pictures soon...
But my sim has naturally given birth to A-twins, I have named them both A-names but who is the heir? I know which one was born first and which second and I am thinking technically it should be the second but I am not sure.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 2:24 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:45 PM.
The Double Trouble Legacy Challenge
The Double Trouble Legacy Challenge:

This challenge is for fans of the legacy challenge and challenges that involve lots of babies. (ex: 100 baby challenge, 26 baby challenge, etc.)
This challenge is a simplified form of the legacy challenge, so if you're not into a lot of rules, this challenge is for you.

Step 1: Get yourself a founder:
  • You can make the founder a CAS sim, a maxis playable, a NPC, or a townie.
  • You can move your founder onto any lot you like. It can be big or small, empty or contain a house.
  • You can cheat for money to set up the founder's house the way you like it, but after that, no money cheats are allowed. Once your founder is moved in, set his/her funds to 2000 using the familyfunds cheat or the budget adjuster that comes with the insimenator. My advice would be not to fill your founder's lot or house with expensive things because the bills your founder will have to pay will be high.

Step 2: Marriage material:
  • Your founder can marry anyone they like.
    Here is a list of potential marriage material
    * CAS Made Sims
    * Maxis Playable Characters (ex: Cassandra Goth or Don Lothario)
    * townies
    * service NPCs
  • Here is a list of sims who your founder should NOT marry:
    * The Grim Reaper
    * Mrs. Crumplebottom
    * The Social Bunny
    * for a full list of NPCs your sims shouldn't marry, go to this thread.

Step 3: Children
  • The amount of children your heirs have should double with each generation. For example: If your founder has 2 children, then the heir should have four. The subsequent heir should have eight, and so on. When you get into generations with a large amount of children, it will be necessary to turn aging off. Also, ACR and risky woohoo would make this more interesting and challenging.
  • You don't have to stop on the tenth generation if you don't want to. I prefer ending my legacies on the seventh generation. Some prefer going twelve generations. How long you want this legacy to last is up to you.
  • The heirs have to stay on the original lot.
  • Do not kill the spares. You can move them off to college or in different houses. I normally make another downtown or shopping district for them and call it Sparesville. I then move all my spares there.

Other Rules:
  • You can only have 3 maxmotives cheats to use for every generation. No motivedecay off or any other cheats or hacked items that preserve motives or aspiration level. That would make this challenge too easy. If you prefer to use extra maxmotives, you may; but points will be deducted from your score.
  • Your founder and subsequent heirs must decide who will stay home and take care of the kids. Only one of you may have a job. You may call a nanny only if you are going on an outing, like to a friend's wedding or on a romantic evening alone, and only if you can afford it.
  • No money cheats after the lot is finished. The sim you choose to stay home to care for the children can sell paintings or write novels in their free time. Teenagers may also get jobs.
  • It's not a rule, but I would recommend starting out in a small neighborhood instead of one that is heavily populated.

Scoring:
+50 points for every child your founder has. (ex: if your founder has 3 children, you'd get 150 points)
+50 for every generation (ex: if you make it to the 7th generation, you'd get 350 points)
+100 points for every child your heirs have.
+50 points for every adult sim who reaches the top of their career track
+10 for every child who gets A's on their report card.
+30 points for every teen who is an overachiever
+20 for every time a sim grows up well

-1000 if the founder dies before having children
-200 points for every extra maxmotives
-100 for every death (besides old age)
-100 for every time a sim goes into aspiration failure
-50 for every sim who gets fired
-50 for every visit from the social worker
-50 for every sim who gets sick
-20 for every motive failure
-20 for every time a sim grows up badly
-20 for every child who gets D's on their report card

Figures you may find interesting before starting this challenge:

If your founder only has one child:
* The fifth generation heir would have to have 16 children.
* The seventh generation heir would have to have 64 children.
* The tenth generation heir would have to have 1,024 children. (Now, you see why I wouldn't advise going all the way to the tenth generation. )

Could you imagine how many children your heirs would have if your founder started out with four children.

If you have any questions or any ideas on how this challenge can be improved, feel free to post them here.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 3:22 PM Last edited by MimiSim : 4th Mar 2012 at 7:51 PM. Reason: missing pics
Update
Here's are some pics from the challenge:

Here is my founder, Mara Riften. She has just bought an old farmhouse in Belladonna Cove.

She has taken a liking to Castor Nova. You may know him from Sim State University. He just graduated from college and is advancing through the science career.

I was amazed at how great he looks with a haircut, taking off those silly sunglasses, and a new outfit.

Mara & Castor's Wedding Day:

So far, she's already pregnant with her first child.

It may be a while before I get back to this challenge because I'm busy taking the post-apocalyptic BACC I made. So, that's all for now!

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:07 PM
Could you clarify unnatural causes? Fire, electricity/lightning, old age, these are all things I consider natural. Drowning, too, could be considered, unless the player actually acts to kill the sim---I've had one sim die of drowning because she was swimming and being stupid. Free will killed her.

Also, if the goal is to have Gen 1 with two kids, Gen 2 with four kids and so on, why is there a point score for one child? Or is it +50 points per the first two kids, then +100 for each after?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 12:46 AM
Sure, I meant any death besides old age. Also, I meant to say 50 points for each child your founder has.
I'll make the corrections to the main thread. Thanks for pointing them out.

I hope you'll try the challenge. It's a bit difficult but also fun.

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:16 PM
So if your Sim accidentally gets electrocuted, it counts as unnatural. That makes it pretty hard for some people, I bet. I've never really had a Sim die of lightning or by fixing stuff, but I know it happens. Yikes!

I would like to try it, although at the moment I am testing out a screenshot program called Greenshot and working on an "I'm Surrounded by Idiots" challenge. This will definitely be next on my list, though! I love having tons of babies! Also, can you pick whichever heir you want, or is it simply the first child born? I sometimes roll a dice to choose my heir, but I was wondering what you do.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 12:49 AM
You can pick any child you want to be the heir. It doesn't have to be the first one.

BTW. I'm glad you're going to try it.

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:46 PM
One question, If one is to turn aging off to allow the sim to have the needed amount of kids how will the babies age up? Should I keep track of how many days they are alive and age them up then or just instant age them and move them out with the sim blender?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 4:23 PM
I use monique's individual aging mod, so I can just turn aging off for the mom and leave it on for the kids. You could also do it your way and just count the days and age them up.

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tracyn
One question, If one is to turn aging off to allow the sim to have the needed amount of kids how will the babies age up? Should I keep track of how many days they are alive and age them up then or just instant age them and move them out with the sim blender?

When I run big families, I find that having a Family Sim mother is best. She will get oodles of Aspiration Points from having babies and teaching them to walk, talk and be potty trained; using these to keep her at a standstill with the Elixir of Life is easy enough.