Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:42 PM
Default No more free stuff for my celebrities, please!
Hey! Is there a way to turn off the endless supply of free gifts? Is there a mod for that?
I'd like to have a reason for my sims to go to work and earn some honest money, and one hot tub is quite enough per household

Thanks for your help!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:01 PM
I don't think so
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pan Am
I'd like to have a reason for my sims to go to work and earn some honest money

Celebrities actually work and earn honest money? What planet are you living on?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 8:16 AM
Default Waaah, waaah, waaah
Quote: Originally posted by Pan Am
Hey! Is there a way to turn off the endless supply of free gifts? Is there a mod for that?
I'd like to have a reason for my sims to go to work and earn some honest money, and one hot tub is quite enough per household

Thanks for your help!

Have you not heard of the orgy of gifts handed out in the "goodie bags" at the (insert name of your favorite awards show here)?

Yeah, celebs get gifts.

Deal with it.

SQ
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 11:17 AM
Just stop being a celeb.
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 10:45 PM
I just leave the items in my family inventory, and occasionally use them with my architectural designer sim - it's free items you can stick in some other sim's house.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 6:30 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 26th Feb 2019 at 9:48 PM.
Wow.. these are the most lamest responses I've ever seen on a post.
Looking for the mod to remove celeb status. Not worth it.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 7:27 PM
Yes, apparently this thread is pulling in all the really "helpful" responses.

You can disable the celebrity free stuff system by creating a tuning mod containing the EA "CelebrityManager" tuning file, and setting "kFreeStuffChance" to "0,0,0,0,0".

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 10:41 PM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

You can disable the celebrity free stuff system by creating a tuning mod containing the EA "CelebrityManager" tuning file, and setting "kFreeStuffChance" to "0,0,0,0,0".

Hey thanks Twallan...I have finally gotten up the courage to play with the XML tuning as you suggested regarding the mod I want to make that will have ALL drinks in ALL bars. Since I'm going there anyway, I'm also going to use this suggestion as I am really tired of all the free celebrity stuff too. Anyway, thanks again for you giving me the push I needed to experiment with XML. The worse that could happen is that I might have to reinstall my game...right?
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 2:05 PM Last edited by newtyone : 7th Jul 2017 at 2:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

hi! where can i find this in the retuner mod? thanks.
EDITED-
never mind, i am going to check if this will work...
-returner mod-
settings-
general-
by tunable xml-
sims3.celebritysystem-
kfreestuffchance. i turn everything to zero...
will update this. i am playing roaring heights, and i don't like new modern stuff... that's why i don't like some of the gifts. though i don't mind it getting gifts to my other game that i played. thanks for sharing the celeb manager though. still appreciate it.
Site Helper
#11 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 2:26 PM
That looks as though it should work. Remember: this was a very old thread, from before Twallan retired and Chain Reaction took over. Retuner wasn't even out yet.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 4:50 PM Last edited by igazor : 7th Jul 2017 at 5:06 PM.
Wouldn't it be a surprise if Twallan himself responded!

On the same Retuner menu, under CelebrityManager, you can also find the Min/Max values for the discounts celebs can get at bars and stores ("Wow igazor, we can't believe you even came in here. We won't charge you for anything you want today...") ---> This gets old real quick if one is trying to play a modest household on a strict budget. As I recall, it's counter-intuitive as to how to set those values, if you set them the wrong way then you end up with 100% discounts all of the time. On the two kMinMaxCelebrityDiscount fields, the values defaulting to 0.5 and 0.7 should both be set to 1.0 (not 0 as I originally thought).