Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2101 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellobeautiful
Anybody have this happen to them ? i'm suppose to have 7 chickens but they are nowhere to be found. i thought even without a fence i'll still be able to gather them back to the coop but that doesnt work .

When this happened to me someone on Discord suggested I leave my lot then come back & it worked. Have you tried that?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2102 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
When this happened to me someone on Discord suggested I leave my lot then come back & it worked. Have you tried that?

I did, still didnt work. i'll just delete the coop.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2103 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 3:26 PM
OK, in one of my save files all of the sims are reacting to my sim in shock & she keeps getting embarrassed moodlets. My research leads me to believe this is being caused by her custom content. The thing is, I checked her CC clothes & nothing is marked for nude. Her lip/skin presets are marked for nude. Is this why sims are reacting to her this way or is that a normal setting for presets? If I unmark them for nude will they still function properly?

Did you check the tags in the warehouse tab of Studio? I believe the problomatic Nude flag doesn't show in the regular 3D view section.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#2104 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Did you check the tags in the warehouse tab of Studio? I believe the problomatic Nude flag doesn't show in the regular 3D view section.

Thanks so much for your help! How would I do that?

I have navigated to the "warehouse" tab but I don't see anything that I can click or unclick for nude. The only thing that shows is "Naked" under "Lods" but the values there are all varying numbers of zero.
Scholar
#2105 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 12:03 PM
Thanks so much for your help! How would I do that?

I have navigated to the "warehouse" tab but I don't see anything that I can click or unclick for nude. The only thing that shows is "Naked" under "Lods" but the values there are all varying numbers of zero.

You just click on one of the CAS Parts in the Warehouse, then scroll right down to bottom on the left side and will you see a section called Tags, from there you click on Edit Items.. Button, then if you see a tag NudePart: NudePart_Always, remove it and save.

If you CC has a more than one swatch you have to repeat the same process it on every CAS Part in your warehouse.
Field Researcher
#2106 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You just click on one of the CAS Parts in the Warehouse, then scroll right down to bottom on the left side and will you see a section called Tags, from there you click on Edit Items.. Button, then if you see a tag NudePart: NudePart_Always, remove it and save.

If you CC has a more than one swatch you have to repeat the same process it on every CAS Part in your warehouse.

Thank you!!

I checked everything she was wearing for every outfit and nothing had that tag. I'm just gonna chalk this up to a loss & delete the save, but I wanted to come back and say thank you for your help. You taught me something new & I really appreciate it!
Forum Resident
#2107 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 12:16 PM
Hello. Perhaps some of you will help me. I played at the festival in the village in Henford-on-Bagley. It was the saddest festival I have even went in the whole sims franchise. How can I improve it to make it alive? And WCIF the stand of drinks in the festival? I didn't see it. And why I could not eat the watermelon I had brought?
Thank you for the help I feel so bitter deceived by this pack.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#2108 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 3:55 PM
OK, a stupid question:

Have any of you seen this in gameplay? I want to know if it's love or if they just like each other. The poodle (female) and the Doberman (male) have just lived together for two days so I don't think it's love so to speak. There were lots and lots of hearts in the room and a jingle I have not heard before. But no message.

(Yes, I know the term female/male are probably wrong when talking about pets).

Screenshots
Instructor
#2109 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 4:08 PM
I got this from The Sims 4 Wiki
https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-4/Breeding_Pets

Your pets might be parents soon!

"When both pets approach each other, their version of Sims Woo Hoo is just a bunch of jumping around with hearts exploding out of both. You can only attempt one mating per day, but if it takes, you'll be informed of it through notifications."
Scholar
#2110 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I got this from The Sims 4 Wiki
https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-4/Breeding_Pets

Your pets might be parents soon!

"When both pets approach each other, their version of Sims Woo Hoo is just a bunch of jumping around with hearts exploding out of both. You can only attempt one mating per day, but if it takes, you'll be informed of it through notifications."

OK, then I know what it is. Very helpful!
Scholar
#2111 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 5:28 PM
OK, before I give up I try asking her (even if hopes are not high...). How do I find the urn och tombstone of a sim that passed away. I just get my laptop going again after the install of an SSD (that lead to updates of the game and the Origin client). When I came back, I did notice that Alice Spencer-Kim had passed an that was sad. It's a nice sim to have around and she is always friendly to others. The family tree said that the lady did die from electrocution and as I see it she must have been repairing something. Most likely at home. I have gone through the lot forwards and backwards trying to find a urn/tomb but with no success. It's not in the inventory of any of the family members nor in the "shared" inventory. So is there a way to locate the urn/tomb and see if I can resurrect Alice? I know many things can be done with mods but I don't want to download mods just for this. Cheats, on the other hand, will be OK to use.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2112 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
OK, before I give up I try asking her (even if hopes are not high...). How do I find the urn och tombstone of a sim that passed away. I just get my laptop going again after the install of an SSD (that lead to updates of the game and the Origin client). When I came back, I did notice that Alice Spencer-Kim had passed an that was sad. It's a nice sim to have around and she is always friendly to others. The family tree said that the lady did die from electrocution and as I see it she must have been repairing something. Most likely at home. I have gone through the lot forwards and backwards trying to find a urn/tomb but with no success. It's not in the inventory of any of the family members nor in the "shared" inventory. So is there a way to locate the urn/tomb and see if I can resurrect Alice? I know many things can be done with mods but I don't want to download mods just for this. Cheats, on the other hand, will be OK to use.

I'm guessing she was killed by the new Neighbourhood Stories option of Accidental Death. When that happens I honestly don't know if the game actually creates a grave or not. It might just delete them completely. I can't seem to find any info.

Scholar
#2113 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 4:31 AM
OK, I did read a little about it so it's plausible. I guess I should give up then. But is there a way to turn this accidental deaths off? (Maybe it's in the settings but I just came back to this new, updated game and have not seen everything new yet).
Scholar
#2114 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 5:57 AM
OK, I did read a little about it so it's plausible. I guess I should give up then. But is there a way to turn this accidental deaths off? (Maybe it's in the settings but I just came back to this new, updated game and have not seen everything new yet).

Sounds like you have Neighborhood stories enabled by default, you can uncheck accidental deaths globally or just that particular household.

Those deaths don't come with gravestone, they are just given a death flag, where they will remain as a ghost, until they are culled.
Scholar
#2115 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 22nd Jun 2022 at 4:43 PM.
Menaceman44 & Citysim: Thank you, this was really helpful!. I did find the setting in the Game Options menu and changed it. So now Neighbor stories" are turned off.
Scholar
#2116 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 8:03 PM
Um OK, I will post one more...

I had to upgrade my laptop with a new storage device and after that I did not come around updating the game. But now I just want to ask: If it a known bug that NPC sims walk around carrying a yellow-ish book? Because they do. Not all of them, but many of them. I don't have a pic just now sorry...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2117 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 11:33 PM
Um OK, I will post one more...

I had to upgrade my laptop with a new storage device and after that I did not come around updating the game. But now I just want to ask: If it a known bug that NPC sims walk around carrying a yellow-ish book? Because they do. Not all of them, but many of them. I don't have a pic just now sorry...

That's not a bug. Sims that you see walking around carrying a book have the Bookworm trait. It was a change made quite some time ago when they attempted to make traits a bit more unique.

As a bit of side info, that book actually has two different textures that I think the game is supposed to randomly pick from but it only ever uses the yellow texture. They hold it wrong as well as the book is thicker than their grasp so their fingers dig into it. I do actually intend to make a mod to fix this when I get around to it.

Scholar
#2118 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 6:42 AM
That's not a bug. Sims that you see walking around carrying a book have the Bookworm trait. It was a change made quite some time ago when they attempted to make traits a bit more unique.

As a bit of side info, that book actually has two different textures that I think the game is supposed to randomly pick from but it only ever uses the yellow texture. They hold it wrong as well as the book is thicker than their grasp so their fingers dig into it. I do actually intend to make a mod to fix this when I get around to it.

Now that's very helpful. Yeah, I think it will perfectly sense for a bookworm to walk around wearing a book. I just did not know about it. But thank you.
Field Researcher
#2119 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 1:51 PM
My stupid question: how is it that sims in Sulani can rollerskate on sand?

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
#2120 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:36 AM
Default Probably not stupid questions but hey ho this is a questions thread...
Why doesn't bb.moveobjects work on Sims!?!?!?

One of the fundamentals of posing Sims for shoots in 2 and 3 was being able to drag and reposition them with moveobjects on. In 4 you have to use the Teleport mod and teleport your Sims to where you want them to be, which just adds extra work when you're trying to do a shoot. On the subject of extra work...

Why do Sims keep moving around when you move things!?!?!?

If you even move the smallest thing even the slightest, your posed Sims lose their poses and snap out of their positions. Sometimes I wonder how the posers do it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2121 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Why doesn't bb.moveobjects work on Sims!?!?!?

One of the fundamentals of posing Sims for shoots in 2 and 3 was being able to drag and reposition them with moveobjects on. In 4 you have to use the Teleport mod and teleport your Sims to where you want them to be, which just adds extra work when you're trying to do a shoot. On the subject of extra work...

Why do Sims keep moving around when you move things!?!?!?

If you even move the smallest thing even the slightest, your posed Sims lose their poses and snap out of their positions. Sometimes I wonder how the posers do it.

You can move Sims using TOOL so long as they are not in the process of travelling somewhere. It only works while they are stationary.

#2122 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 2:41 PM
You can move Sims using TOOL so long as they are not in the process of travelling somewhere. It only works while they are stationary.

So you can! Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm probably gonna get carried away with this.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2123 Old 19th Feb 2023 at 12:26 PM
Default Why do stacked objects vanish to the family inventory?
Hello,

After years of of playing with this minor annoyance, I would like your opinion on this:

When in buy/build mode, with or without using the "move objects" cheat, objects that are double stacked or more will vanish to the family inventory on load in the next play session.

For example, if I place an end table on the floor, then an empty plant pot on the table slot, then a liberated plant in the pot's slot on top, the liberated plant will be sent to inventory next time the lot loads. Same thing happens to plates, or books, or anything else that can be stacked twice over or more. The issue desn't happen with a single stacking.

Thank you in advance for tackling my stupid question!
Scholar
#2124 Old 19th Feb 2023 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geerchsim88
Hello,

After years of of playing with this minor annoyance, I would like your opinion on this:

When in buy/build mode, with or without using the "move objects" cheat, objects that are double stacked or more will vanish to the family inventory on load in the next play session.

For example, if I place an end table on the floor, then an empty plant pot on the table slot, then a liberated plant in the pot's slot on top, the liberated plant will be sent to inventory next time the lot loads. Same thing happens to plates, or books, or anything else that can be stacked twice over or more. The issue desn't happen with a single stacking.

Thank you in advance for tackling my stupid question!

A Very old bug, you might get more from the information here. .
Lab Assistant
#2125 Old 20th Feb 2023 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
A Very old bug, you might get more from the information here. .

Thank you very much for pointing out EA's support thread. It seems not to be a generalized issue, or at least it goes unnoticed by most players. For the moment, instead of slotting, the solution seems to be raising and lowering objects with the "move objects" cheat on, to line them up at the desired height and place. This is not an easy task without a "disable slotting on alt" cheat, not to mention the fact each height increase step is very big, resulting in floating objects.
Page 85 of 86