Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 11:25 PM
Default CC hair turns black far away?
I have this issue with this hair, it turns completely black when zooming out.
And in his portrait his hair is totally black. Is it an issue with the hair or is it safe to use?
I really like it but if there is a big problem with it I want to remove it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 3:35 AM
check the poly count, probably too high
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
first, post in the help forum.

2nd, post link to the cc hair b/c we have no idea what is the parameter of the hair.

3rd, what is your game setting?

---------

What I come to understand is that at a certain zoom out range, the sim become low res and a placer is used instead. Most of the time, the whole sim would be in low res. In the screenshot you've provided, seemed only the hair is affected while the sim is not. Is that possible? Maybe, depending on the design parameter of the hair, it may be created in a different resolution than the rest of the sim.

1. This page is pretty hard no navigate but I will post in help next time.
2. https://ifcasims.tumblr.com/post/66...nails-meshes-by (TO0708 (21k)
3. High.
4. It affects only the hair, as it is black in the portrait panel too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
check the poly count, probably too high

https://ifcasims.tumblr.com/post/66...nails-meshes-by
It is a 4t3 hair, and all retextures I have found of it does the same.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
well bad news, I tested the hair and it does exactly as you've described. At a certain distance, the hair turns black. It has nothing to do with low res as the sim character was still in hi-res. Funny thing though, at an even farther distance? The hair turns back to the regular color.

I have never seen this before? Problem could be as mentioned earlier as high poly count, but I have no experience in this area. I did modify the hair textures, reduced them to 512 and also some of them to dx1 alpha at 32x32. Still, made no difference. I think there might be some texture missing from the creation. Overall, this is a bugged CC and you need an experienced modder to fix it.

I had a female hairstyle I also really like do the same thing like 2 ago.
So there must be something wrong with them as you're saying.
Thank you for testing it, then I will just leave it be.
He's hot so any hairstyle suits him haha.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 12:13 AM
If it's a problem with the hair mesh itself, you may address it to the one who converted it. I think it was rollo-rolls who did the conversion, maybe you can try asking her tumblr? She's responsive to asks, I believe..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database