Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 9:07 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Dec 2021 at 9:23 PM.
Default Using / How to use s3rc (TS3 Recompressor) ?
In another thread, people suggested me to use this file for decrafying STORE content? Do I drag .package files of the premium content onto the exe file or what (according to awesome's thread)?

Well maybe it worked, as I followed the below said instructions but place the two files (decrapify and s3rc) in downloads folder where all premium content is located.

Quote:
To contribute something maybe useful for Windows users:

Code:

for /R %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause

Save this with an text-editor (Start > Run > "notepad" > OK, f.e.) to s3rcBatch.cmd
The file icon has now (depending on your Windows-Version) something like cogwheels.

If you copy this file f.e. in your Save-Folder TOGETHER with the s3rc.exe, and double-click on it, it decrapifies all .sims3pack, .package, .nhd, .sim, .dbc in every subdirectory (i.e. save-game) it can find.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 9:10 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 15th Dec 2021 at 9:23 PM.
Give me just a sec and I'll explain it.

Edit: Alright, so for using S3RC on store content, the idea is that you're not really "decrapifying" as most think of it. I'll get to explaining what you need to do in a sec, but the context of this is important.

The actual decrapify.exe renumbers the internal resources of the content inside Sims3Packs. That's why they're considered CC by the game instead of store content. And also why it breaks the content inside. It was never intended to be used on anything except extremely old CC Sims3Packs that wouldn't install for whatever reason, so anything that isn't store content.

Most people have recommended doing that over the years because it's one way of removing the encryption on store Sims3Packs. It does that, sure, but it also breaks them as mentioned above. S3RC, on the other hand, does nothing besides removing the encryption. Necessary if you'd like to turn them into packages or alter the contents in S3PE. It leaves everything else about them intact.

(I know you probably know all of this already from that thread Sneaky. This is just for anyone else coming across this.)

Basically, and I'm going off the S3RC version from MATY because it's what I use, you simply take the store Sims3Pack you wish to remove the encryption for, drag it over s3rc.exe (where it should say "Open With" or something similar), let go of it, and a command prompt window should open for a split second - when it closes it should now have the encryption removed without any adverse effects and should otherwise be the same as it was.

If all went well, you should now be able to use Multi-Installer on it and the resulting packages should open up fine in S3PE without any error message about them being encrypted.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 9:26 PM
At first before reading MATY's thread I thought some kind of tool would open up upon opening that exe, which yes did open a command prompt for a split second. Now I had done what I said in my original post of this thread. Are my store content is fixed now, or do I have tinker more stuff (opening S3PE)?

Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
At first before reading MATY's thread I thought some kind of tool would open up upon opening that exe, which yes did open a command prompt for a split second. Now I had done what I said in my original post of this thread. Are my store content is fixed now, or do I have tinker more stuff (opening S3PE)?

The original version from JFade is an actual tool. The MATY version just utilizes the command prompt.

Once you open the store Sims3Pack with S3RC, you shouldn't need to do anything else. At that point, the encryption is removed, and otherwise the Sims3Pack is unaltered. As if you'd just downloaded it from EA themselves without being encrypted, if that makes sense.

But beyond that, nothing else is necessary. Making them into packages and opening them up in S3PE is just if you'd like to do those things. Like if someone's planning to tune the values inside the xmls for a mod or something.

If you need any more info, just ask.

Instructor
#5 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 10:57 PM
I tested your method on Aurora Skies but I couldn't find the world itself. The launcher installed it successfully but it didn't show up.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 11:05 PM Last edited by simsample : 16th Dec 2021 at 9:30 AM.
I use a batch file like this to bulk decrypt store packages, but I use -f and not the decrap bit:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg523441
Inventor
#7 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 4:20 AM
Personally, I first decrapify Store content (decrapify.exe) and then I drag it to the Recompressor (s3rc.exe). Finally, I install it using the Launcher. Everything works 100% as intended (it does required a full ccmerged file). Even counters and sectionals that usually break using other methods, work 100% fine in my game.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 7:00 AM
Decrapified store contents normally need fixes, specifically when they have premium objects. The ones from KT on MATY are outdated. I have the updated ones (up to the last store content) so if you need them, you could simply ask in private

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 8:59 AM
KT? I haven't tested with the fixer-upper car, which is what reminded a need to do the fix as it data got corrupted once my Sim finished restoring it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Personally, I first decrapify Store content (decrapify.exe) and then I drag it to the Recompressor (s3rc.exe).

You do NOT need to decrapify store content; as @Jathom95 mentioned, decrapify (-fD) is intended only to fix broken Sims3Packs. If you just need to remove the encryption then use S3rc -f or drag onto S3rc.exe.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 10:31 PM
Quote:
To contribute something maybe useful for Windows users:

Code:

@pause

Save this with an text-editor (Start > Run > "notepad" > OK, f.e.) to s3rcBatch.cmd
The file icon has now (depending on your Windows-Version) something like cogwheels.

If you copy this file f.e. in your Save-Folder TOGETHER with the s3rc.exe, and double-click on it, it decrapifies all .sims3pack, .package, .nhd, .sim, .dbc in every subdirectory (i.e. save-game) it can find.

So update: It didn't seem to fix all store content, as trying to cook meals with tepp-whatnow grill caused my sim to reset, and utensils seem to be invisible. Maybe I'm using wrong method or doing it wrong?

I'll have to try how Janthom suggested: dragging the selected (can I do multiple btw?) file(s) of ppremium content items over to s3rc.exe file and see if that remedies said issues/bugs and fixes the items.

Alchemist
#12 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 11:21 PM
From what I remember from old discussions, Store premium items had a way of conflicting with each other even if you didn't remove the encryption. So people who bought the .sims3pack sets from EA and installed them as they were, without turning them into .packages or removing the encryption, would run into the same errors as people who did do those things: missing accessories, missing interactions, sims being reset when using the objects etc.

What I did to get everything to play nicely together, was run the Store .sims3packs through S3RC, convert them to .packages, then run them through decrapify.exe.
I also got the fix by KT (kissing-toast, for anyone browsing), specifically the "decrapify" version.

ETA: you can run multiple files in one batch through S3RC (by drag-and-drop), it'll just take longer. And I believe there is a limit on how many files you can do in one batch like this, but it's usually in the 50+ range. The number and size of the files dictates how long the S3RC window will be up (for a small file it'll be a split second, for bigger ones (like an entire Store set or a world) it can take up to 1 minute).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 3:26 AM
I have all of my store content loaded through the launcher, I haven't run it through S3rc or decraped it and I have no issues with it, it all runs fine. I may turn it in to packages though when I can get into storage and get my disks so I can get rid of the 1.69 install.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 8:52 AM
@pause

So update: It didn't seem to fix all store content, as trying to cook meals with tepp-whatnow grill caused my sim to reset, and utensils seem to be invisible. Maybe I'm using wrong method or doing it wrong?

Take out the D which decrapifies. You just want to fix. So:

for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.Sims3Pack) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.world) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.ebc) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
@pause

Save that as a batch file in a folder, then put any Sims3Pack, world, package, sim, dbc files in there with it and run it. It will decrypt all files so that you can install them and edit them in S3PE, but it won't break the utensils as you were finding.

Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
I have all of my store content loaded through the launcher, I haven't run it through S3rc or decraped it and I have no issues with it,

Yes, the decryption is only needed for Sims3Packs that you don't own, or that you can't install via launcher.

Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
From what I remember from old discussions, Store premium items had a way of conflicting with each other even if you didn't remove the encryption. So people who bought the .sims3pack sets from EA and installed them as they were, without turning them into .packages or removing the encryption, would run into the same errors as people who did do those things: missing accessories, missing interactions, sims being reset when using the objects etc.

What I did to get everything to play nicely together, was run the Store .sims3packs through S3RC, convert them to .packages, then run them through decrapify.exe.
I also got the fix by KT (kissing-toast, for anyone browsing), specifically the "decrapify" version.

ETA: you can run multiple files in one batch through S3RC (by drag-and-drop), it'll just take longer. And I believe there is a limit on how many files you can do in one batch like this, but it's usually in the 50+ range. The number and size of the files dictates how long the S3RC window will be up (for a small file it'll be a split second, for bigger ones (like an entire Store set or a world) it can take up to 1 minute).

It's the decrapify option that breaks accessories and interactions, so just use S3rc. You can do multiple files by using a batch file instead of dragging and dropping, as I've putlined above.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 3:02 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 17th Dec 2021 at 3:13 PM.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's the decrapify option that breaks accessories and interactions, so just use S3rc. You can do multiple files by using a batch file instead of dragging and dropping, as I've putlined above.

In addition to what you mentioned simsample, I think what sweetdevil is mentioning about the content conflicting - it's also that installing the Sims3Packs as distributed by EA could cause issues, since the content is sort of just merged together if you install them through the launcher. I think the ccmerged file can also become bugged too if you're not careful while installing from the launcher.

That's another reason why it's recommended to just remove the encryption through S3RC and just install the content as packages. You don't need the game to create a ccmerged either. You can use a pre-built one that's fully updated, like NonaMena's.

The only issue I really know of that's inherent to installing them as packages is that the ContentPatch (store patches) folder will no longer recognize them if they're in your Mods folder and not the DB folders anymore. Might be related to some of the issues a few of you are mentioning. You can get around this though by making a copy of your ContentPatch folder and pasting it in your Overrides folder in your Mods folder. Then it should be 100% functional.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 7:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Take out the D which decrapifies. You just want to fix. So:

for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.Sims3Pack) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.world) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.ebc) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -f "%%i"
@pause

Save that as a batch file in a folder, then put any Sims3Pack, world, package, sim, dbc files in there with it and run it. It will decrypt all files so that you can install them and edit them in S3PE, but it won't break the utensils as you were finding.

Yes, the decryption is only needed for Sims3Packs that you don't own, or that you can't install via launcher.

Okay, so I did what simsample suggested: change the lines (added *world and *ebc just in case, even though I entirely sure what last format means), drag all the store content files with the fixes into "s3rc-win" folder, then selected all and drag over t3rc.exe file and leaving the executable to run. Regarding converting .TS3Packs into .package, how do I go about doing it? I assume it can be done with S3PE, but is there other way than installing it again ?

Forum Resident
#17 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 7:32 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 18th Dec 2021 at 6:05 PM.
Okay, so I did what simsample suggested: change the lines (added *world and *ebc just in case, even though I entirely sure what last format means), drag all the store content files with the fixes into "s3rc-win" folder, then selected all and drag over t3rc.exe file and leaving the executable to run. Regarding converting .TS3Packs into .package, how do I go about doing it? I assume it can be done with S3PE, but is there other way than installing it again ?

Once the encryption is removed, you can just use Delphy's Multi-Installer or any other tool that can extract packages from Sims3Packs. With the encryption gone, they're more or less like standard CC Sims3Packs at that point, so Multi-Installer should have no trouble extracting it.

The only thing though is for some content it might extract as multiple package files instead of one, so if you care about knowing what you have installed or just like keeping it organized, you might want to extract them one at a time. Otherwise, it shouldn't matter.

Alchemist
#18 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
The only thing though is for some content it might extract as multiple package files instead of one, so if you care about knowing what you have installed or just like keeping it organized, you might want to extract them one at a time. Otherwise, it shouldn't matter.

To add to this: if you're extracting, say, a .sims3pack of a Store set, the Multi-extracter will extract as many .packages as items there are in the set (+an extra file that holds the thumbnail and description for the set). (*)

An exception are sets with premium content that requires something other than the "main" item itself i.e. accessories. For the Teppanyaki grill, for example, you have the grill itself plus accessories, all extracted as separate .package files.

If the .sims3pack has more than 1 file in it, the resulting ones will often be named something like "0x[random string of numbers and letters]".
To see which file is which, open them in S3PE and look at:
- either the OBJD, CASP or THUM resources: these will give you the name of the object within the game files (e.g. afTopSwimLaceWired, lightingTableMexCandles).
- the STBL resources, specifically the one whose resource ID begins with 0x00. This is the string for the English language. STBL resources contain the title and description that you see in game in the catalog.

To grab better thumbnails from the EA site (since the ones that come with Store packs are so tiny), you can use these links and replace the underlined parts with the names of the OBJD/CASP/THUM resources:
Code:
Objects: https://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/sims3store/objects/lightingFloorTudor2x1/Thumbnail_300x300.png
CAS items: https://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/sims3store/skins/afBottomEverydaySkirtArtsy/Thumbnail_300x300.png

In some cases you may need to change their capitalization, and some EA items (a few distributed through Worlds, in my experience) don't have thumbnails on the server...or I haven't found them yet.

(*) When opened in S3PE, this file's THUM resource will often be named something like "mirrorClub..." or "bedFairy...". I don't have one on hand right now to check, but you can delete this extra file.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 12:51 AM
^ I've always wondered, those with several packages like you mentioned - can you merge them back into one with S3PE? I haven't done anything with my own store content recently, but I've been curious about that.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 8:53 AM
Okay, so I did what simsample suggested: change the lines (added *world and *ebc just in case, even though I entirely sure what last format means), drag all the store content files with the fixes into "s3rc-win" folder, then selected all and drag over t3rc.exe file and leaving the executable to run.

OK, I still seem to be having issue where ErrorTrap just straight up resets it. I'll probably have to post a seperate thread for this, but I feel like I might be missing crucial element I need to do.

Alchemist
#21 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 9:26 AM
^ I've always wondered, those with several packages like you mentioned - can you merge them back into one with S3PE? I haven't done anything with my own store content recently, but I've been curious about that.

Yes, you can merge those into a larger .package, just like most other .package files. I've found some scripting mods (not particular ones, it happens randomly) to not work if merged with other packages, so I keep scripting mods unmerged. But premium content, objects and CAS items are OK to merge.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 2:48 PM
Yes, you can merge those into a larger .package, just like most other .package files. I've found some scripting mods (not particular ones, it happens randomly) to not work if merged with other packages, so I keep scripting mods unmerged. But premium content, objects and CAS items are OK to merge.

Ah, good! Thanks for confirming. The next time I get around to doing this, this'll be really helpful for the actual store sets in particular.

Instructor
#23 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 5:50 AM
OK, I still seem to be having issue where ErrorTrap just straight up resets it. I'll probably have to post a seperate thread for this, but I feel like I might be missing crucial element I need to do.

you'll probably still need a full ccmerged file. put one in DCBackup and another in the Override folder.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
you'll probably still need a full ccmerged file. put one in DCBackup and another in the Override folder.

Mods > Overrides? Seem like it was missing there, so thanks. Will have to see if it works now!

Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 1:06 AM
Give me just a sec and I'll explain it.

Edit: Alright, so for using S3RC on store content, the idea is that you're not really "decrapifying" as most think of it. I'll get to explaining what you need to do in a sec, but the context of this is important.

The actual decrapify.exe renumbers the internal resources of the content inside Sims3Packs. That's why they're considered CC by the game instead of store content. And also why it breaks the content inside. It was never intended to be used on anything except extremely old CC Sims3Packs that wouldn't install for whatever reason, so anything that isn't store content.

Most people have recommended doing that over the years because it's one way of removing the encryption on store Sims3Packs. It does that, sure, but it also breaks them as mentioned above. S3RC, on the other hand, does nothing besides removing the encryption. Necessary if you'd like to turn them into packages or alter the contents in S3PE. It leaves everything else about them intact.

(I know you probably know all of this already from that thread Sneaky. This is just for anyone else coming across this.)

Basically, and I'm going off the S3RC version from MATY because it's what I use, you simply take the store Sims3Pack you wish to remove the encryption for, drag it over s3rc.exe (where it should say "Open With" or something similar), let go of it, and a command prompt window should open for a split second - when it closes it should now have the encryption removed without any adverse effects and should otherwise be the same as it was.

If all went well, you should now be able to use Multi-Installer on it and the resulting packages should open up fine in S3PE without any error message about them being encrypted.

Oh my gosh, I'm just getting back into sims 3 and this worked for me! Thank you so much! 😭
Page 1 of 2