Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 3:17 PM
Default Wanna spice up gameplay; Is Savvy Sellers worth the money / Should I get it?
So I'm playing with very expansion packs (WA, Gen and Seasons to be specific) and being lately nostalgic for TS2, mainly running my business. Because of the limitations and what not isn't allowing me to switch to that game, I'm been lately thinking of cashing some cash for the closest thing we get to that mechanic - Saavy Sellers Collection. Those who actually play with it - is it actually worth the hassle getting it to your game? I think it be great change and addition for allowing a household to earn additional income when it's going slowed, but the idea that it may not work and only 2/3 sims coming and stand there not buying anything is what holds me in purchasing said set. How's your experience been using this premium content pack?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 3:41 PM
I love it but I use Ani's new mod she has on her blog. I have set up an electronics/toy store. I found when I set it up that it takes a bit to get people. I find using NRAAS>MC>Invite Over helps getting customers in and I tend to put it on a lot type I know get's a ton of Sims that come to it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 3:54 PM
I'm not sure if Ani's mod is required for this (I have both) but there is a mod that simluates Sims2 Open for Business. It works quite nicely for me.

Sim State Open for Business

If you want to try Ani's version, the last version is hosted at NRAAS. It improves on the EA version a lot.
You need University and the EA version for this to work.

Ani's Savvier Seller
Inventor
#4 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'm not sure if Ani's mod is required for this (I have both) but there is a mod that simluates Sims2 Open for Business. It works quite nicely for me.

Sim State Open for Business

If you want to try Ani's version, the last version is hosted at NRAAS. It improves on the EA version a lot.
You need University and the EA version for this to work.

Ani's Savvier Seller

Actually Ani has a new version out that works like Sim State Open for Business versus the Savvier Seller version. Her new one does not require shelves, tables, or rugs.
https://anitmb.tumblr.com/downloads
https://anitmb.tumblr.com/post/6792...eatures-and-bug

And you don't need to purchase the store set
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
Actually Ani has a new version out that works like Sim State Open for Business versus the Savvier Seller version. Her new one does not require shelves, tables, or rugs.
https://anitmb.tumblr.com/downloads
https://anitmb.tumblr.com/post/6792...eatures-and-bug

And you don't need to purchase the store set

Oh wow, I hadn't seen that! Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 4:57 PM
Thank you, but unfortunately I don't wanna install UNI yet for the sake of those mods. But thanks for the mods

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 6:48 PM
As far as I can tell, you don't need UNI for the Open for Business mod.
Inventor
#8 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Thank you, but unfortunately I don't wanna install UNI yet for the sake of those mods. But thanks for the mods

Sorry I read that wrong. Yes you need Uni for this one but I'm not sure about the older one at Nraas
Inventor
#9 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 7:41 PM
Oh wow, I hadn't seen that! Thanks!

You're Welcome! She has some great new mods out. I'm getting ready to try the hunting one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 12:57 PM
As far as I can tell, you don't need UNI for the Open for Business mod.

The author said you do.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 4:36 PM
The author said you do.

Ani's Savvier Seller and her newer Merchant mod do require University Life
but I can't see any info about that on the Sims State Open for Business mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 8:58 PM
It shows in Expansion/Stuff packs required box.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 3:47 PM
It shows in Expansion/Stuff packs required box.

Oh, of course!

That's too bad.