Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 11:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TestingCheats is added by itself in userstartup.cheat
From time to time, there is the line « boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false » added, by itself, at the end of my userstartup.cheat file. It happens 2-3 a year I think?

I can just delete it from the file, and the line isn’t added anymore, but I wanted to know what the cause was, if anyone has had this happen.

NB: I’ve put the line in GlobalProps.xml to enable testingCheats (to enable the money cheat), so maybe it has something to do with it?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nostural
From time to time, there is the line « boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false » added, by itself, at the end of my userstartup.cheat file. It happens 2-3 a year I think?

I can just delete it from the file, and the line isn’t added anymore, but I wanted to know what the cause was, if anyone has had this happen.

NB: I’ve put the line in GlobalProps.xml to enable testingCheats (to enable the money cheat), so maybe it has something to do with it?

Uhhh... I don’t think you’re supposed to do that. That might have something to do with it, yes.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 3:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Aug 2022 at 2:39 PM.
The money cheat - same method as Allmenus cheat, and unlocks the same way:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Allmenus_cheat

No idea why testingcheats would do that, though. Could very well have something to do with the GlobalProps.
Theorist
#4 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 7:26 PM
There should also be a globalStartup.cheat file, found in Res/Config. Check to see if that file has the line.

I remember that SeeThem2 changes the userStartup.cheat file. It can add lines such as the diagonal placement cheat, off-grid placement cheat, etc. Do you happen to use that program by any chance?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 7:44 PM
^ it does, but if you change anything with the EXE or move any of the files around, it deletes everything in the userstartup file, or adds only the cheats you enabled through the EXE, so be careful with that one (SeeThem2).
Space Pony
#6 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ it does, but if you change anything with the EXE or move any of the files around, it deletes everything in the userstartup file, or adds only the cheats you enabled through the EXE, so be careful with that one (SeeThem2).

I noticed that too. :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 8:41 PM
Thanks for your answers everyone

Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Uhhh... I don’t think you’re supposed to do that. That might have something to do with it, yes.

You supposed to do that if you want to enable certain cheats, like the allmenus cheat

Quote: Originally posted by topp
There should also be a globalStartup.cheat file, found in Res/Config. Check to see if that file has the line.

I remember that SeeThem2 changes the userStartup.cheat file. It can add lines such as the diagonal placement cheat, off-grid placement cheat, etc. Do you happen to use that program by any chance?

Nope, that file doesn't have that line, and I never used SeeThem2
Space Pony
#8 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 5:46 AM
[QUOTE=Nostural]Thanks for your answers everyone

You supposed to do that if you want to enable certain cheats, like the allmenus cheat

Ahh, well I should have figured. But it threw me off when you mentioned a money cheat. My brain started running through them all, and I was like "???" Thank you for clarifying. I hope your game stops adding random cheats!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nostural

Are you using SimPE? There's an option in the settings to run the game in debug. This adds a line to your userstartup.cheat file.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Are you using SimPE? There's an option in the settings to run the game in debug. This adds a line to your userstartup.cheat file.

Ohh thank you so much, that's what causes it!! A mystery solved