Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 12:21 PM
Default Using Own Lot but Had Super Hug Bug?
I've been wondering about saving my lots and re-using them, some had cc but I didn't know it was gonna be a problem until a mod showed up to tell me it had been infected with the Hug Bug. which hadn't been a problem until I saw
I used a tutorial down below, using Chris Hatch Lot Cleaner, and also got rid of the cc in the lot, packaged it again and the warning about the bug didn't appear,
https://ilovethesims2cc.tumblr.com/...r-lots-from-bad

Though, I am worried what would happen now, I do hear it's not really gamebreaking- just annoying and I do have No Sim Loaded, but something about uploading from my game would cause this thing to spread? I'm confused on the latter, though I'm not sure if I'm gonna upload anything.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 1:55 PM
Grab his SuperDuperHugtest mod, it just quietly works in the background. https://simfileshare.net/download/1797692/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Grab his SuperDuperHugtest mod, it just quietly works in the background. https://simfileshare.net/download/1797692/

What do I do with it?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 4:35 PM
Just place it in your downloads folder. When you load a lot you will get a pop up warning if the lot is infected. Just click okay (accept?) to clean the lot. I can't say for sure this pop up will show if you use No Sim Loaded or the one by Dolphin, however you don't need it if you have the one by Chris Hatch.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 7:04 PM
If a mod "showed up" to tell them about the hug, they obviously already have super duper hug test. That doesn't mean anything is wrong with the lot, it means the SDH has been deleted and it's fine now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NimaSims
What do I do with it?

Nothing. That is why it works quietly in the background. :D

Also if you got a pop up as was suggested above ^ Then you may already have this mod and didn't need to do anything.
The SuperDuperHugTest mod looks for and reports the hug then removes it without you lifting a finger.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Nothing. That is why it works quietly in the background. :D

Also if you got a pop up as was suggested above ^ Then you may already have this mod and didn't need to do anything.
The SuperDuperHugTest mod looks for and reports the hug then removes it without you lifting a finger.

Ooh, alright, thanks, it seems I do already have it in my mods folder so the pop up, Minor question, would this mean sharing the lot would be okay, or would there be some problems with that?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 3:04 AM
It's fine. After you get the popup, the lot is clean, until such time as you delete another social interaction mod and cause the problem again.