Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 4:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Red t-pose
I already installed the 4g patch, I want to know if anyone knows what is the cause of that error

I have the sims ultimate collection

https://ibb.co/87GLXh4
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 5:13 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Aug 2022 at 5:28 AM.
Red flashing is usually a sign of an issue with the graphic driver. Could be a recent update broke it, or that updating the driver might fix it. Could also mean your graphic card or driver is unsupported by the game (can potentially be fixable).

An outdated lighting mod can in some cases also be the issue, but I'm not sure that would affect the sims more than the rest of the environment.

---

- Which graphic chip/card do you have, and what is your game running on?
- Do you have a dual setup (for instance with both an Intel chip and a Nvidia card) or just a chip?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 9:05 PM
I'm running it on a laptop with intel core 2 duo and integrated graphics, it's an old laptop like 2008 I thought since it's old it should run the game without problems
Space Pony
#4 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 9:50 PM
Did you try using the Graphics Rule Maker ? Because the game can sometimes have issues with Intel cards and (hopefully) with the proper settings, it should stop.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 9:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Aug 2022 at 10:35 PM.
^ Red and pink flashing tends to be different issues. Pink often has more to do with texture memory and setup, while red is more graphic compatibility and driver issues.

Windows sometimes update the drivers with the auto updates. Usually the driver updates are voluntary, but with windows you never know - there's been some forced updates from time to time. If there's an option to "roll back driver" for the chip, try that first. If that doesn't help or if the option is greyed out (unavailable, means it hasn't been auto-updated), try updating it.

Here's a guide (scroll down to "method 2")
https://www.wikihow.com/Update-Your...rs-on-Windows-7

As far as I can tell, the "intel core 2 duo" series doesn't have inbuilt graphics in the CPU (like most modern computers) but in a separate chipset on the motherboard, so whatever graphic device might be somewhere else?

The name of your graphic device(s?) should show in the device manager under "Display adapters" (the link above shows how to find this info)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 11:48 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • Please post your config-log located here: <username>\Documents\EA Games\<game version>\Logs

*If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Space Pony
#7 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ Red and pink flashing tends to be different issues. Pink often has more to do with texture memory and setup, while red is more graphic compatibility and driver issues.)

Ahh, my bad. Figures red would be for something far more serious.