Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 2:08 PM Last edited by melanie_ts2 : 1st Sep 2022 at 10:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default *solved* pls help!!! game crashes when i try entering the monty household in veronaville
so i'm doing a rotational play and when i was about to play the monty household (patrizio, isabella, mercutio, and romeo) the game crashed. i was able to read the description but couldn't enter the lot. i later played antonio monty and his twins and when one of the kids tried to call patrizio monty, the game crashed, so it probably is patrizio who is the problem but since i can't open the lot i can't move them out and when i try to teleport him over the game crashes as well. the veronaville i have is the "Genetically Correct and Fixed Veronaville for UC" by LordCrumps and it is installed as a subhood (shopping district). i use the rpc launcher if that's any help

edit: the problem was patrizio monty's clothes or hair or both. i removed all my cc from the game, loaded the household, was able to change hairstyle and clothing, then put my cc back and now i can play them! thanks for hte help everybody
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 4:32 PM
Have you played the Monty household since you started the 'hood / added the Veronaville subhood to it, or is this the first time you've tried to open their lot? Have you tried moving the whole family out from the neighbourhood screen? If that fails, the next thing I would want to try to do is restore from a recent back (while saving your current version somewhere so you can return to it if possible!), and see if the Monty Ranch can be opened in the old version. You do have backups, don't you?

Seriously, making and keeping frequent backups is the best way to make sure you can retrieve something when this sort of thing happens. I reckon it's better to lose a little gameplay than to lose the whole 'hood.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#3 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 5:09 PM
Agree with AndrewGloria about making backups.

Another thing to try though, is to turn on testing cheats and then enter the lot. If you get an error, that can help you figure out the problem and, sometimes, it'll let you reset/delete and you can enter the lot. At the very least, it should generate a log before you crash to help you troubleshoot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Have you played the Monty household since you started the 'hood / added the Veronaville subhood to it, or is this the first time you've tried to open their lot? Have you tried moving the whole family out from the neighbourhood screen? If that fails, the next thing I would want to try to do is restore from a recent back (while saving your current version somewhere so you can return to it if possible!), and see if the Monty Ranch can be opened in the old version. You do have backups, don't you?

Seriously, making and keeping frequent backups is the best way to make sure you can retrieve something when this sort of thing happens. I reckon it's better to lose a little gameplay than to lose the whole 'hood.

i haven't opened the household at all. i have one back up but the same thing happened there so i don't know what to do..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Agree with AndrewGloria about making backups.

Another thing to try though, is to turn on testing cheats and then enter the lot. If you get an error, that can help you figure out the problem and, sometimes, it'll let you reset/delete and you can enter the lot. At the very least, it should generate a log before you crash to help you troubleshoot.

i have a userstartup.cheat file so testingcheats is on all the time and i still can't enter the lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melanie_ts2
so i'm doing a rotational play and when i was about to play the monty household (patrizio, isabella, mercutio, and romeo) the game crashed. i was able to read the description but couldn't enter the lot. i later played antonio monty and his twins and when one of the kids tried to call patrizio monty, the game crashed, so it probably is patrizio who is the problem but since i can't open the lot i can't move them out and when i try to teleport him over the game crashes as well. the veronaville i have is the "Genetically Correct and Fixed Veronaville for UC" by LordCrumps and it is installed as a subhood (shopping district). i use the rpc launcher if that's any help

i wondered if it was the genetically correct version that made the game crash so i tried in the maxis neighborhood (i have never even opened it before). so i again tried opening the monty household and same thing happened there. so i don't think that the subhood thing is the problem and neither the genetically correct version.. i think it's just patrizio monty in general that is the problem. i've played consort capp and his grandkids and it worked out perfectly fine but i still don't get what the PROBLEM is with patrizio??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 2:53 PM

here's the crashing exception file:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2022.08.30 15.31.04.txt (14.6 KB, 5 downloads)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 7:52 PM
Lots just break sometimes. Move the sims out to a different lot and it should be fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Lots just break sometimes. Move the sims out to a different lot and it should be fine.

well i cant move them out because i've never been able to open the lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 11:58 PM
well i cant move them out because i've never been able to open the lot.

You don't need to load the lot to move them out, the move family button is in neighbourhood view. If you want them back in the lot you could try cleaning it, and using the lot cleaner globe on it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 12:35 AM
This might not be the case but I had a problem a few years ago where some CC was overriding the elder male outfit that Patrizio happens to be wearing, and any time a sim appeared wearing that outfit or if I tried to open CAS or the wardrobe selector and click that outfit, it would crash the game. I would try moving the family out and onto another lot first to see if it is the lot causing the problem. If it's the same issue I had, you can also try going into CAS and seeing if it's the outfit that is crashing the game.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You don't need to load the lot to move them out, the move family button is in neighbourhood view. If you want them back in the lot you could try cleaning it, and using the lot cleaner globe on it.

To move the family out in Neighbourhood View:

1. Click on the Families button (or press the F1 key).
2. Click on the Move Family button.

3. With the Move Family button selected, click on the Monty Ranch.

4. The following dialogue should appear in the middle of your screen:

Click on Yes.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
To move the family out in Neighbourhood View:

1. Click on the Families button (or press the F1 key).
2. Click on the Move Family button.

3. With the Move Family button selected, click on the Monty Ranch.

4. The following dialogue should appear in the middle of your screen:

Click on Yes.

this is what happened for me:

also the game is in swedish but this is a rough translation of the text on the pic "if you want to move this family from the lot, you must first visit the lot. then you go back to the neighborhood view and select the Move family button to move the family to the family bin."
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 8:56 AM
Huh, I've never seen that message before. I just went into my never-played Veronaville and tried to move the Montys into the family bin and it worked fine. I would suggest deleting and regenerating the neighborhood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 9:28 AM
this is what happened for me:

also the game is in swedish but this is a rough translation of the text on the pic "if you want to move this family from the lot, you must first visit the lot. then you go back to the neighborhood view and select the Move family button to move the family to the family bin."

That's extremely odd. What form of the game do you have?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#16 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 1:24 PM
I have seen that message about visit a family, before moving them out. I'm not sure if it's a subhood thingy or not. I know it's not just an UC thing.

@melanie_ts2
Have you tried loading the lot without your downloads folder? It might be a CC issue with Patrizio Monty.

You could delete the Veronaville subhood via the delete button (don't worry -- the sims in the hood will move to the family bin) and install a fresh empty Veronaville subhood by Jawusa, https://modthesims.info/download.ph...834#post5421834. NOTE: make sure you have nounlinkondelete by MATY, so the deleted urns won't cause issues.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's extremely odd. What form of the game do you have?

i've got the sims 2 ultimate collection by osab.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I have seen that message about visit a family, before moving them out. I'm not sure if it's a subhood thingy or not. I know it's not just an UC thing.

@melanie_ts2
Have you tried loading the lot without your downloads folder? It might be a CC issue with Patrizio Monty.

You could delete the Veronaville subhood via the delete button (don't worry -- the sims in the hood will move to the family bin) and install a fresh empty Veronaville subhood by Jawusa, https://modthesims.info/download.ph...834#post5421834. NOTE: make sure you have nounlinkondelete by MATY, so the deleted urns won't cause issues.

i did this (and i have nounlinkondelete) and now i can't open the family bin at all. and the thing with loading the lot without the mods, what should i do with mods you shouldn't take out (like no townie regen or multiple PT's)?
Space Pony
#19 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 7:55 PM Last edited by Airazor65 : 31st Aug 2022 at 9:11 PM.
i did this (and i have nounlinkondelete) and now i can't open the family bin at all. and the thing with loading the lot without the mods, what should i do with mods you shouldn't take out (like no townie regen or multiple PT's)?

Just leave them in. Remove all other CC-- especially the default replacements, if I understand the situation. Do you have any other backups of the neighborhood? Now would be the time to restore one from before the first crash. Crashing sometimes breaks households--- in my experience, anyway. If you have no other backups, use the one you have-- If Patrizio is the problem, you may have to remove HIM. There are ways, though not guaranteed. Allow me to elaborate:

I want you first to restore the backup you have. Then, remove all default replacements if you have any like Modder mentioned, in addition to other custom content. Next, make a backup of your backup. This may seem like overkill. It is. Do it anyway. Now, test the game. If it still crashes, then Patrizio is definitely shredded. With that in mind, clear your cache files, and either move or delete your crash log. You won't be needing it since you know what happened. It's time for desperate measures --- you will have to DELETE Patrizio. This is why we backed up the backup.

I am getting my knowledge from is Mootilda's and Pescado's tutorials.

1. In order to do so (the right way), first, I want you to get the FFS Lot Debugger. Chuck it in your downloads folder. You'll need it later.
2. After you have your in-game tool, open SimPE and use the neighborhood browser to open your hood. You can even select the subhood specifically. Now, give it a moment to load it all up.
3. Now, go looking for Patrizio. You should easily find him through Sim Description. Click on him to pull up his page. Open his relationships. If they are empty already, well... he's doomed. If not, clear all his relationships and family ties. He can't have any connections to be deleted. Obviously.
4. Smack the commit button and then the save button to save your changes.
5. Close SimPE and backup your modified hood. Trust me on this one.
6. Open the game and go to a household you CAN load in the hood.
7. Buy the Lot Debugger (it's in Misc/Misc).
8. Turn on testing cheats if you haven't already.
9. Shift-click the Debugger. Look for "prep sim for delete". Click it and go find Patrizio in the name list. Click on him. Read the text box carefully and write down the number listed next to Patrizio's name. Proceed.
10. Wait. It'll take the Debugger a minute to clean house.
11. Once it's done, you can save and quit the game. Back this up too.
12. Reopen SimPE. Open the hood again and go find Patrizio (what's left of him) in the Sim Description list. Click on him.
13. To the far left of the SimPE menu, there should be a sort of side bar. Look for resource actions and click on it.
14. In the options given, look for "Delete Sim (by Theo)". Click on it. It'll ask you if you want to do it, (I think) so tell it yes. While it goes it about its task, it may ask if you want to delete Patrizio's Sim DNA. Say no. When it's done, commit, save, and close.
15. Open the game and see if you can load the household. If not...
16. Restore your backup from step 11. Proceed with manual deletion using Pescado's tutorial. Remember to save. Launch the game and see if things work now.

Finally, if you didn't have to delete Patrizio, YAY! If you did, RIP. Put a Patrizio clone in his place and link him to his family in SimPE. Get creative. Use the Sims Wikia page to guide you.

Hopefully this helps somehow.
Instructor
#20 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 8:59 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. I never had the family bin be disabled when I got rid of a subhood.

It honestly sounds like the whole hood, not just Veronaville has issues. At this rate, it's might be best to start fresh with everything.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 11:56 PM
i've got the sims 2 ultimate collection by osab.

That should be fine, I was wondering if you had a dodgy version.

Have you made sure that no program can read/check/sync your sims 2 files? An example would be an antivirus or Onedrive. Both of these things can cause damage. Because it sounds like you have actual game corruption at the install level not just things going on in the hood.

When you run a test, for example mods that can't be taken out, you make a full back up first and place it somewhere safe like your desktop. Then it doesn't matter what you do as you have a copy that you will revert to later. Never mess around without having a copy. Another option is make a copy but also make a new sims 2 folder. You do that by right clicking sims 2 and selecting rename, you then add a word to the end. Load your game and there is a new fresh folder. So you then have your old folder and also a new folder without CC for testing things in. The game only reads and loads the correctly named folder.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 12:50 AM
The other thing that I think could be relevant is that you're using the sub-hood version of "Genetically Correct and Fixed Veronaville for UC" by LordCrumps. I was going to suggest that you post in the Comments to that download. but I see you've done that already. To make sure he knows that you have this problem, I'll tag him now:

@LordCrumps

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Just leave them in. Remove all other CC-- especially the default replacements, if I understand the situation. Do you have any other backups of the neighborhood? Now would be the time to restore one from before the first crash. Crashing sometimes breaks households--- in my experience, anyway. If you have no other backups, use the one you have-- If Patrizio is the problem, you may have to remove HIM. There are ways, though not guaranteed. Allow me to elaborate:

I want you first to restore the backup you have. Then, remove all default replacements if you have any like Modder mentioned, in addition to other custom content. Next, make a backup of your backup. This may seem like overkill. It is. Do it anyway. Now, test the game. If it still crashes, then Patrizio is definitely shredded. With that in mind, clear your cache files, and either move or delete your crash log. You won't be needing it since you know what happened. It's time for desperate measures --- you will have to DELETE Patrizio. This is why we backed up the backup.

I am getting my knowledge from is Mootilda's and Pescado's tutorials.

1. In order to do so (the right way), first, I want you to get the FFS Lot Debugger. Chuck it in your downloads folder. You'll need it later.
2. After you have your in-game tool, open SimPE and use the neighborhood browser to open your hood. You can even select the subhood specifically. Now, give it a moment to load it all up.
3. Now, go looking for Patrizio. You should easily find him through Sim Description. Click on him to pull up his page. Open his relationships. If they are empty already, well... he's doomed. If not, clear all his relationships and family ties. He can't have any connections to be deleted. Obviously.
4. Smack the commit button and then the save button to save your changes.
5. Close SimPE and backup your modified hood. Trust me on this one.
6. Open the game and go to a household you CAN load in the hood.
7. Buy the Lot Debugger (it's in Misc/Misc).
8. Turn on testing cheats if you haven't already.
9. Shift-click the Debugger. Look for "prep sim for delete". Click it and go find Patrizio in the name list. Click on him. Read the text box carefully and write down the number listed next to Patrizio's name. Proceed.
10. Wait. It'll take the Debugger a minute to clean house.
11. Once it's done, you can save and quit the game. Back this up too.
12. Reopen SimPE. Open the hood again and go find Patrizio (what's left of him) in the Sim Description list. Click on him.
13. To the far left of the SimPE menu, there should be a sort of side bar. Look for resource actions and click on it.
14. In the options given, look for "Delete Sim (by Theo)". Click on it. It'll ask you if you want to do it, (I think) so tell it yes. While it goes it about its task, it may ask if you want to delete Patrizio's Sim DNA. Say no. When it's done, commit, save, and close.
15. Open the game and see if you can load the household. If not...
16. Restore your backup from step 11. Proceed with manual deletion using Pescado's tutorial. Remember to save. Launch the game and see if things work now.

Finally, if you didn't have to delete Patrizio, YAY! If you did, RIP. Put a Patrizio clone in his place and link him to his family in SimPE. Get creative. Use the Sims Wikia page to guide you.

Hopefully this helps somehow.

thank you for the help! when i deleted all the mods (except the ones you should leave in) it worked!! but thank you anyways now i just have to figure out what's wrong with the mods..
Space Pony
#24 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 2:02 PM
thank you for the help! when i deleted all the mods (except the ones you should leave in) it worked!! but thank you anyways now i just have to figure out what's wrong with the mods..

Oh good! I'm glad you didn't have to delete Patrizio, lol. Good luck!