Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 5:10 AM
Default 5 days?
Do the seasons really only last 5 days? I hope that there's a cheat to extend them to at least 10 days. 5 days doesn't seem like enough time to enjoy them all.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 5:25 AM
If I remember, each season last 6 days.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 5:30 AM
There's also an object that allows you to control the weather and seasons.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 7:59 AM
Each season lasts five sim days. However, if you want winter over and over, then just choose winter/winter/winter/winter. You get to choose which seasons you want to run and you can even skip some if you want to and just run two to four of the same kind in a row. Therefore, if 5 days isn't enough, then just make all 4 of your seasons the same one in order to get 20 Sim's days worth. If you want, you can just keep the same season going forever.

Also, each lot can have it's own seasons apart from all the other lots. So if you wanted, you could have one lot winter the whole time, and the one right next to it could be summer all the time. Whatever lot you are on, however, will be the one that dictates how the other lots "look" from your lot. If you set your lot to winter, then all the lots around you will appear to be in winter, even if you've set them to be otherwise. If you visit any other lot while your played lot is in winter (or whatever season it may be), then your season will carry over with you to the lot you are visiting while you are there. Then, if you decide to stop playing those characters and want to switch to the lot you visited, the lot you visited will be as you left it, whatever season you may have set it to be.

Have I confused you thoroughly so far? lol! In any event, the seasons are very versatile and you can set them to be whatever you want them to, and make them last as long as you want to by setting consecutive same seasons in a row. But initially, each season lasts 5 days.
#5 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:08 AM
Momica, that didn't confuse me at all That answered some of my questions.

If we couldn't change seasons though, I think five sim days is a good amount for each season.
#6 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:21 AM
I think 5 days is really quite fair. But it depends on what kind of player you are. If you are the meticulous player that stops and pauses all the time and only plays on the "realtime" speed, then 5 days will go by rather slowly, making the seasons seem long.

But if you are one of those players that play on one of the faster speeds and let your Sims run autonomously, then the seasons will fly by a bit quicker.

Don't forget too, the aspiration reward object that will let you extend your seasons in increments (1-3-5-Forever days? If I remember correctly?). So, if you are enjoying winter and want to stretch it out a bit, you always have that option without having to change your default 4 Season Rotation. =)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:47 AM
And that raises a point, how do you cancel your extend season/forever option, do you just choose 1 more day, or will there be a new option. Or will we be stuck there....forever (dah dah der!)!
#8 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:48 AM
I hope theres a way to shorten the season too,probably with Debug mode turned on huh?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:48 AM
Maybe, but you can always just change your season.
#10 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:55 AM
I mean like 3days,instead of 5, so some of my sims can experience all seasons while in a life stage (like kids). Otherwise,theyll only experience like,about 3.
The game starts with summer-1 day left. Then Autumn,5 days.Then 3days later in winter,they turn into teens...:/ and dont experience spring....
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 4:30 PM
Well, you could always knock a day off your sims age using Melora's Multipurpose Painting, or pause their aging for one day using aging_off.
#12 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 4:49 PM
The fact I dislike about seasons is that if you play with one house at...I dont know...winter example, and then go to play with another family, it is summer :S
So it is not same weather for all of the families...
But then again, you can look at that like they all have seperate lives...that could make some sence...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WillStefan
The fact I dislike about seasons is that if you play with one house at...I dont know...winter example, and then go to play with another family, it is summer :S
But then again, you can look at that like they all have seperate lives...that could make some sence...

Well if you want them all to coordinate, there will probably be a way to do that in the neigborhood view. In neigborhood view there will be a default setting, but you can change that to whatever you like. I'm assuming that when you make that change to the neighborhood that it will affect every lot in the neighborhood, and then if you want to have any of your lots individually to have different weather, then you go to that lot and change the seasons there.

However, if you don't set the neighborhood before you go into an individual lot, it will be the default setting which I believe the book says is set for summer/fall/winter/ spring, with the first day on your lot being the last day of summer within that cycle. This is the setting that will automatically be applied to all your existing neighborhoods when you load the new xp. If that is not the way you want the neighborhood set, then you need to change the settings before you enter any lot for the first time.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WillStefan

I know! That bothers me a little as well, but realistically I guess they couldn't have done it any differently.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:02 PM
I had twins in my game and one was an elder already and the other one wasn't. That' the same with the seasons I suppose. If you play the exact amount of time with all the families, they will stay in the same season and the twins will age correctly.
#16 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:11 PM
i have seasons and trust me, 5 days is a fine amount for each season!