Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:58 PM
Default 800x600
The only screen size there is 800x600. And I need to play with 1152x864. I have a wide screen and it looks really bad in 800x600 . Is there any thing I can do to make it look better?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:31 PM
I heard it was a graphics card thing.. Whats yours?

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:52 PM
Yea i read it was a graphics card thing too. And .. I think i have that graphics card >.<
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:56 PM
I posted this on the System Requirements thread too, I'll delete it if it's considered a double post, but someone offered this solution:

Quote:
I have an Nvidea 6200 and I have sucessfully added options for higher than 800x600 resolutions.

Open "Graphics Rules.sgr" in notepad, you can find it in the Seasons expansion directories.

Search for the section called "option ScreenModeResolution"
Under that section set the maximum resolutions.
There are 4 setting sections each with "uintProp maxResWidth " and "uintProp maxResHeight "
Set all Widths and heights to the maximum possible for your video card/monitor for example.

setting $Low
uintProp maxResWidth 1280
uintProp maxResHeight 1024

I don't know if it works, since I don't have the card yet, even. :S but you can try. I really hope that will fix it, since it sounds like a very nasty thing.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:58 PM
My video card came with the motherboard. " BIOSTAR PT880 Pro-A7C LGA 775 VIA PT880 PRO ATX Intel Motherboard - OEM "
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:08 PM
Well you can try the same solution as above, but it's your risk to take. Don't think anything can happen though but ...
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorka
I posted this on the System Requirements thread too, I'll delete it if it's considered a double post, but someone offered this solution:

I don't know if it works, since I don't have the card yet, even. :S but you can try. I really hope that will fix it, since it sounds like a very nasty thing.

OH
thank you thank you thank you , it work. thank you
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsdrama
OH
thank you thank you thank you , it work. thank you

Ooh you're very welcome! Hehe! Most of all, thanks to the person who posted the solution though.. I wouldn't have come up with it

Glad to hear it works though! :valentine

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:01 AM
Could I download new drivers to fix the problem? I've got it, too.

EDIT: I'm downloading the NVidia update driver for my system, so I'll test it out and tell you how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 3:58 AM
Have you tried playing in windowed mode?
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:00 AM
Yuck. The drivers didn't do a thing. Now to try plan B, as detailed above. :p
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:03 AM
Try the upper solution, considering what it changes it should make no difference what card you have.
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 3:11 PM
there are more detailed directions in the tech help section of the bbs---which was good, because I didn't have a clue how to even find that file. I got all my options back and was able to set it back to full screen! Yippee!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:53 PM
I can't seem to find that file? To change the settings and stuff, help?

-Edit-

I found the file, and i changed the stuff. But it never worked!! What do i do?

-Edit Again-

Kind of off topic, but kind of not.

People are mostly having the resolution problem due to a specific graphics card, right? Does anyone having this problem have really bad graphics in their game now? Because before seasons i had pretty decent graphics, now its just all blurry and horrible. Any advice on that?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:55 PM
I'm having the same problems as you, Tayla. As for the bad graphics, I just set all my options to high and that helped a whole lot. The game would look perfect, though, if I could get rid of that horrible 800X600 resolution. I tried the solution above but no luck. There's actually a cheat I saw where you can type -r(w)X(h) on the target line when you right click the icon and select properties. However, once I entered the desired values to replace the w and h, it still didn't work for me.

EDIT - Let's try it again with a little more detailed info. Hopefully this can help all of us with this minor problem.
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 9:19 PM
I'm also getting that low res crap, but my game is running a lot smoother than it did before. Updating the drivers did nothing for me. But hey, at least the drivers are up to date now!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metalkatt
Changing the graphics file made no difference on my system, darnit. And I was so looking forward to this pack.

Are you sure you did it right? When I first tried I did it wrong. Don't change the "default" height and width. Only change the two top ones on each setting. Then after you've changed it. Run the game and go into options again and then choose from there the height and width you want. I didn't know about the last part, but it worked after that.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:53 PM
I changed them in the file, and changed them in game. It worked. And as for the graphics, i changed them in game too. It's just i didn't know how to do it. Silly me.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:40 PM
Worked for me too!
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 1:39 PM
my daughter had same problem. i just had her make a back up copy of the file in the seasons folder then copy the folder from the pets folder over, which might be an easier solution then having people change the info in the file.