Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:58 PM
Default "Lady in Red" painting "recolors" no longer showing up
I have downloaded TONS of movie posters and other things "cloned" from the "Lady in Red" painting in the game and they've always shown up in my game (at least until "Seasons") but now suddenly NONE of the recolors (I guess that's what you'd call them for lack of a better word) are even listed there under the base painting in the Buy Menu.

I can only assume Maxis changed the package file for that object so the game no longer synches up the recolors to that mesh?

I hope there will be a fix for this (maybe in the next version of that program you have to download to see the recolors? Pardon me for my ignorance) cause I love those posters. My game looks goofy with a house full of "Lady in Red" paintings where there used to be an Art gallery of famous movie posters or masterpieces.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 3:06 PM
Did you remember to download the cep?
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 5:20 PM
Does the CEP need renewing after Each pack then Ancilla?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:51 PM
Yeah, is there a new version?

I see plenty of other CC items in the game and the ones that were cloned from the "Lady in Red" worked fine under "Pets" but now they aren't there.

I don't think its the problem with CEP.
More likely Maxis changed the object for some lame-brained reason and so all the custom stuff created to go with the old object are miscoded for the new version of the painting.

But that's just my uneducated guess.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 7:43 PM
I'd re-install the CEP anyway, just in case. If that doesn't work... blame Maxis.
Locked thread | Locked by: discordkitty Reason: Tech help belongs on MTS2