Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2007 at 2:37 PM
Default A couple of tips on seasons...
I just bought seasons & I think it's a great EP, but I have a couple of problems.

1) While it was winter one of my sim's wants was to go ice skating, how do I do that?
2) Whenever he goes outside the house he automatically changes into his outerwear & I don't want him to do that, is it possible to make him go outside while it's snowing in his pjs or underwear?
3) One last thing, when I bought him a new outerwear & made him wear it, as soon as he went out of his bedroom he automatically changed into his pjs, why? Can I not make him walk in his home with his outerwear? Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th May 2007 at 5:42 PM
1. Under Hobbies, there are ice rinks and skating rinks. You can also go to community lots to do these, or make rink lots.

2. I have trouble with this one too, but I have a hack where I can teleport Sims wherever, so they go in whatever they're wearing. I also have a hack where they can change clothes wherever they are. You can have the sim go swimming and then they should stay in their swimwear.

3. No clue!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th May 2007 at 6:22 PM
Concering questions 2 and 3: If it's cold outside the Sim will always change into their outerwear. Also, they will never wear outerwear inside, the second they walk inside they change back into the clothes they were wearing previous to going outside. There are probably some hacks somewhere that can change this, I don't know of any offhand though.
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th May 2007 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klinny
Concering questions 2 and 3: If it's cold outside the Sim will always change into their outerwear. Also, they will never wear outerwear inside, the second they walk inside they change back into the clothes they were wearing previous to going outside. There are probably some hacks somewhere that can change this, I don't know of any offhand though.

Are you sure the coat rack object that came with Seasons doesn't allow the Sim to change into outerwear while he or she is inside? I'll have to check it out.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th May 2007 at 8:05 PM
Yes, I think it does. Thats what its for, otherwise it'd be useless having a coat rack.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2007 at 3:10 PM
I see, to bad I wanted to torture one of my sims by making him stand in the snow in his underwear till he freezes to death, oh well , but how can you make his temperature go down? (Btw, thanks for the feedback!)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th May 2007 at 5:39 PM
His temperature will still go down when he is outside in his outerwear. Just obviously it will take longer than if he is outside without his outerwear on.

Best thing to do to get them outside without outerwear is to pop a coat rack outside (you can always move it back inside again) and then choose remove outerwear you are outside.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
#8 Old 17th May 2007 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klinny

Expanding on this.... most of the outerwear is also in the everyday wear bin too. If you want them wearing outerwear.. buy it under that catagory, that way they will keep it on inside.