Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:40 PM
Default ...Nevermelting snow?
Recently, I restarted my favorite neighborhood, but not without first packaging up my best houses for reuse. One of these lots had heavy snow, but I started the new neighborhood in summer.

...The snow's still there. It's even raining right now! Why won't it melt? Will it ever melt? D: I don't want a forever-snow'd lot!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:34 PM
Try using the lot debugger to clear the snow (under weather). Sometimes if you put a lot in the bin with any snow it may get stuck. InSim may also be able to fix it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
Recently, I restarted my favorite neighborhood, but not without first packaging up my best houses for reuse. One of these lots had heavy snow, but I started the new neighborhood in summer.

...The snow's still there. It's even raining right now! Why won't it melt? Will it ever melt? D: I don't want a forever-snow'd lot!

I know the feeling, believe me. I got hit constantly with snow, and it was two snow days for the boy, he was only there like one day at school.

Did any of the patchs work or did that make it worse?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 9:48 PM
Lot debugger?

Also, which sectional of inSim would fix it? I spent a bit of time looking at the names, and none of them seemed like the proper one, but I might be just unobservant. Would it be in the actual main machine?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:38 PM
The Lot dubugger is from More Awesome than You. Go to -> The firing range -> Lot Debugger: Nuclear War Edition. Download & place the batman box, clikc on weather -> snow -> Clear. All snow is gone, also works if it is snowing & you want less snow.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php

Have you installed the FT patch? That seemed to break everything. I thought insim had something similar, I must have been thinking of "extinguish all fires." Darned useful.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:13 AM
Not having anything past Seasons, I figured I'd patched everything (I have up to the Seasons patch) just fine... Thank you for the MATY link though, sweet!