Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 1:38 AM
Default Testers Wanted -- Eliminate Relationship Decay Mod -- I have all disks
Hey, fellow simmers! I've made a mod that eliminates relationship decay. I've used it for months in my game, and it works great. The thing is, though, that I have all of the expansion packs, and I have them on disk. I don't know how the mod works if somebody doesn't have all the expansion packs, and I don't know how it works with the Complete Collection.

Before I announce this mod to the general public (all six of us who are still playing :-D), would you help me out and test this in your game?

Get the mod here.

My mods are always free, and my site doesn't ask for anything -- no registration or any of that crap. Your browser might tell you that my site is "not secure," but since you aren't giving me any information or money or anything at my site, it doesn't NEED to be secure; it's just a plain old download.

Relationships usually decay every day, shortly after 4:00 p.m. -- at 4:08 p.m. in my game -- or at 16:08, if you use a 24-hour clock.

Once you've tried it out, please tell me which expansion packs you have (or if you have the Complete Collection) and how the mod worked for you. Make sure you put the two files in the right places; these files do NOT go in the downloads folder! There are complete directions both on my site and in a readme in the folder with the mod.

Thanks!

Screenshots

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:13 AM
I'm using the Complete Collection and it works for me Ran the game for 12 sim hours and Bob was finally able to do something in the house instead of being in the phone all day or having guests . Is there some sort of mod which enables the tease/fight option to appear anytime though? I think dragging relationships down now would be the hard part.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 10:59 AM
I have the Complete Collection and it works. I've let it run for 5 simdays, didn't see any problems.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:31 PM
Default Thank you so much!!!
Quote: Originally posted by AwooWolfWoof
I'm using the Complete Collection and it works for me Ran the game for 12 sim hours and Bob was finally able to do something in the house instead of being in the phone all day or having guests .

Terrific! Thanks so much for trying that out for me; I really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that it works with the Complete Collection.

Is there some sort of mod which enables the tease/fight option to appear anytime though? I think dragging relationships down now would be the hard part.

Huh. I don't usually want to drag relationships down, so it never occurred to me that people would want that. But if you talk about something the other person isn't interested in, your relationship declines. You can't choose your topic if you're just standing there talking, but if you're sitting at a table having a meal together or playing chess together or watching TV together, you can click on your sim, and under "Choose Topic," there's a list of all of your sim's main interests. Click on one the other sim isn't interested in, and you'll get those minus signs over their head.

Quote: Originally posted by PanCakezzz
I have the Complete Collection and it works. I've let it run for 5 simdays, didn't see any problems.

Thanks so much for trying that out for me; I really appreciate it! I'm very glad to hear that it works with the Complete Collection.

When I released the Food Stays Fresh for a Week mod, nobody said anything at all about it, but I hear people complaining about relationship decay all the time, so maybe folks will like this one. I'll go release it, then; thanks so much, both @AwooWolfWoof and @PanCakezzz, for all your help!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Thanks so much for trying that out for me; I really appreciate it! I'm very glad to hear that it works with the Complete Collection.

When I released the Food Stays Fresh for a Week mod, nobody said anything at all about it, but I hear people complaining about relationship decay all the time, so maybe folks will like this one. I'll go release it, then; thanks so much, both @AwooWolfWoof and @PanCakezzz, for all your help!

Glad i could help

Food isn't really an issue i think for most people, but keeping relationships high/friends takes alot of time and needed to progress your sims career. It can take so much time, that there isn't much time anymore to do the fun stuff in the game.

So i'm glad you took time to make this mod
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanCakezzz
Glad i could help

Food isn't really an issue i think for most people, but keeping relationships high/friends takes alot of time and needed to progress your sims career. It can take so much time, that there isn't much time anymore to do the fun stuff in the game.

So i'm glad you took time to make this mod

Thank you! I take the trouble to release these things so as to try to make people happy, so I'm very glad to hear that you're enjoying the mod.

Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea

Huh. I don't usually want to drag relationships down, so it never occurred to me that people would want that. But if you talk about something the other person isn't interested in, your relationship declines. You can't choose your topic if you're just standing there talking, but if you're sitting at a table having a meal together or playing chess together or watching TV together, you can click on your sim, and under "Choose Topic," there's a list of all of your sim's main interests. Click on one the other sim isn't interested in, and you'll get those minus signs over their head.

Thanks for the reply I usually don't have my Sims be enemies but I usually have a pair of sims whom I make to deliberately hate each other when playing 2 or 3 (probably just me ) I totally forgot that you can change topics when talking while doing certain activities . I think getting caught using the Voodoo doll also lowers relationship along with getting caught cheating by a lover (or will they hate the one you are cheating with? I'm not so sure ) , along with a failed love wish with a genie (But I think that the sim chosen is random?). And of course, there's inviting them and then bugging them relentlessly while in your lot .
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 6:35 PM
I usually have a pair of sims whom I make to deliberately hate each other when playing 2 or 3 (probably just me )

We all have our different play styles, and that's okay!

I've read that the first thing some people do with TS1 is find all the different ways they can kill their sims, and while that's never been my style, that's also a way to play the game ... though not one I plan to make mods for.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 6:58 PM
I never purposely kill my sims. And I don't purposely create enemies either. However , it seems like there's always some that have negative relationship scores, even from first meeting each other .I guess they just naturally dislike each other. The puppet, and teasing don't help. Also I just want to say one thing I really appreciate in Sims 1 - Once they meet the sim will Always stay in their relationship bar (unless death not sure) . In Sims 3 and 4 the sim will disappear from the bar if they don't maintain a relationship. I hated that.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GingerxNinjax
Thankyou so much once again Corey Lea! I will totally be testing this mod in my game, just haven't got around to it yet, but i am curious about one thing. Does this also work with Superstar (as in needing Superstar friendships or total starpower friends haha) i would really love to know!

GingerxNinjax

You're welcome!

The friend requirement for jobs has not changed; the mod eliminates relationship DECAY, nothing else.

I'm pretty sure I CAN make a mod that eliminates the need for friends on the Fame track. I'm dealing with family health problems at the moment, but I should be able to get on that in a few days.