Replies: 12964 (Who?), Viewed: 834052 times.
Page 513 of 519
Alchemist
#12801 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 12:03 AM
That's something on my "probably won't ever figure out how to make well, but I really want to" list.

Something that I want is weather that's based on terrain type.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12802 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 5:54 AM
@omglo -There are options for default reolaceing the weather here that can be switched out if all are downloaded to a safe location and I download to my EA Games folder and unzip later.Only one of them is installed at a time and take one out before replacing it if you want to change the weather around.
Field Researcher
#12803 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 6:02 PM
Kind of VISITOR CONTROLLER (or update/addition option) but for COLLEGE MAJORS (both maxis and custom). With that players can srlect/filter which students they would allow on certain college lots.
Lab Assistant
#12804 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Matryoshkah : 10th Aug 2022 at 1:36 AM.
Something that allows self-created Sims to have the same function as the therapist. I have a priestess in my neighborhood that's basically the community link, and I'd love it if Sims that aren't doing too well right now could talk to her to lift their spirits a bit lol.
Edit, not to doublepost: Also, is there a mod that allows you to hire multiple butlers and/or maids? Don't think I've ever seen one, but I don't think I'm the only one wishing for something like that.
Alchemist
#12805 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 3:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
@omglo -There are options for default reolaceing the weather here that can be switched out if all are downloaded to a safe location and I download to my EA Games folder and unzip later.Only one of them is installed at a time and take one out before replacing it if you want to change the weather around.

That sounds interesting, thanks.
Mad Poster
#12806 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 5:43 AM
The wather Mods are here and I downloaded them so I could switch out weather patterns as the towns can have changes in weather patterns over time like having a drought or having cold weather or having warm rainy weather.It can even disable rain and snow or redice the amounts of each.I'll take adantage of those options for my Pleasantview game though it's starting with the founding of the town 420 years ago as a colonial settlement.
Forum Resident
#12807 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 5:13 PM
I have a mod idea that nobody has ever tried. I'm sure of it.
A mod that lets the eyes look/move from side to side, up and down just like our eyes do IRL.
The one thing that I noticed from all the sims games that the eyes are in fixed position straight ahead.
Have the eyes turn and look at an object or sim and the head turns after the eyes do in the same direction.
I wonder how that would look?
Forum Resident
#12808 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 8:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Something that I want is weather that's based on terrain type.


What do you suppose you would trigger it off of? Terrain type? I'd love to have hot, dry deserts. Frequent thunderstorms in the desert don't really fit. But in a temperate region during the summer it makes sense. Further, i've always wanted to be able to make an alpine type of lot, where the chances of snow were more frequent and heavier volume... but again, don't want all lots in all winters to be like that. Selecting desert terrain could work for linking to drier climates, but any lot could be heavy snow. Hard to figure. Maybe a toggle for wetter /drier? Hmmm...

Great idea! I'd love to see it come to fruition!


-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#12809 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 8:44 PM
Arizona is actually famous for late summer thunderstorms, if you're the kind of person who likes to take cool pictures of lightning. Monsoons are a thing.
Instructor
#12810 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena88
Kind of VISITOR CONTROLLER (or update/addition option) but for COLLEGE MAJORS (both maxis and custom). With that players can srlect/filter which students they would allow on certain college lots.


Do you have the updated controller by MidgeTheTree? I believe it allows you to ban sims by majors. Midge's Tumblr: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ws-toga-parties



There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!




Alchemist
#12811 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
What do you suppose you would trigger it off of? Terrain type? I'd love to have hot, dry deserts. Frequent thunderstorms in the desert don't really fit. But in a temperate region during the summer it makes sense. Further, i've always wanted to be able to make an alpine type of lot, where the chances of snow were more frequent and heavier volume... but again, don't want all lots in all winters to be like that. Selecting desert terrain could work for linking to drier climates, but any lot could be heavy snow. Hard to figure. Maybe a toggle for wetter /drier? Hmmm...

Great idea! I'd love to see it come to fruition!


-gE
>=)

At first I was thinking of linking it to terrain type, but in hindsight, that would only make sense for the temperate (which would keep the standard weather system) and desert, but not concrete and dirt. Ideally, you could set it by neighborhood or even lot. In addition to temperate and desert, I'd want to have a northern type, which, as you said would be lots of snow, milder summers, and something tropical - more rain, no plant dormancy even in the winter etc.
Top Secret Researcher
#12812 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
At first I was thinking of linking it to terrain type, but in hindsight, that would only make sense for the temperate (which would keep the standard weather system) and desert, but not concrete and dirt. Ideally, you could set it by neighborhood or even lot. In addition to temperate and desert, I'd want to have a northern type, which, as you said would be lots of snow, milder summers, and something tropical - more rain, no plant dormancy even in the winter etc.


Maybe a mod can be programmed so that you can select where the hood is located in the world (like you select a season, but with a map of the world) and then the weather, temperature... changes accordingly.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#12813 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 4:59 AM
I thought changing the weather (in hood view) does what the above posts are talking about. I have a lot of desert hoods - some dirt, some regular desert (although I've yet to find a terrain replacement that I like - instead of the yellow "desert" with reddish hills and slight green areas, I want the more whitish desert). In those hoods I make the weather either all summer, or maybe 1 season be spring (for rain storms). I don't really like snow, so I rarely have it. And I like Fall/Summer for universities because Sims learn faster in fall.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#12814 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 1:52 PM
I don't want to have to set desert hoods to four summers. I want it to have a winter - a desert winter.
Forum Resident
#12815 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 5:57 PM
The passionate kiss romantic social made for sims 2. Somebody has a tutorial on how to convert animations from sims 4 to sims 2. I'd love to see that in the game. If I was a little more computer savvy, I'd love to give it a go myself.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
13th Aug 2022 at 8:57 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Field Researcher
#12816 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:29 AM
You know what would be cool? A "move away" system. You could curtail an overpopulation problem without dealing with aspiration failures because a friend died. And you wouldn't need to deal with a pile of tombstones.
Top Secret Researcher
#12817 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 4:10 PM
Now with covid it would be more realistic if other food than pizza and Chinese could be ordered and delivered (besides from groceries).

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#12818 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 15th Aug 2022 at 10:08 PM.
Maybe a mod that use CREESIMS food (stockable) as grocery order. When sims order grocery food, you get a food (from CREESIMS) options.
Forum Resident
#12819 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 9:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena88
Maybe a mod that use CREESIMS food (stackable) as grocery order. When sims order grocery food, you get a food (from CREESIMS) options.


A what?


-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#12820 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 10:06 PM
CREESIMS, cc creator is known for their STACKABLE FOOD/NUYABLE FOOD. You can actually find: milk, eggs, sugar,...in buy catalog (I believe it can be found in KITCHEN/APPLICANCE. https://creesims.tumblr.com/post/18...er-separated-by Go on and check it yourself.

And my suggestion was a mod for ordering (as groceries) CREESIMS' stockable food.
Top Secret Researcher
#12821 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena88
CREESIMS, cc creator is known for their STACKABLE FOOD/NUYABLE FOOD. You can actually find: milk, eggs, sugar,...in buy catalog (I believe it can be found in KITCHEN/APPLICANCE. https://creesims.tumblr.com/post/18...er-separated-by Go on and check it yourself.

And my suggestion was a mod for ordering (as groceries) CREESIMS' stockable food.


I meant more like a caterer delivering. Not groceries (options)

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#12822 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 10:47 PM
Good idea. I think SIMS 1 had caterer npc or something. Not sure how exactly it coukd work but maybe some PLUGG IN mod for buffet tables could do the trick. Like...summon a sim from culinary job career.
Field Researcher
#12823 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 4:26 PM
What you guys think about PALM READING interaction (copied from RED HANDS interaction) with options to do it for FREE and FOR MONEY? Sims with HIGHER CREATIVITY and CHARISMA could earn more money than those with lower skills. Also what you guys think for sims to be able to use chrystal/matchmaker ball themselves to earn simoleons?
Top Secret Researcher
#12824 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 4:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena88
What you guys think about PALM READING interaction (copied from RED HANDS interaction) with options to do it for FREE and FOR MONEY? Sims with HIGHER CREATIVITY and CHARISMA could earn more money than those with lower skills. Also what you guys think for sims to be able to use chrystal/matchmaker ball themselves to earn simoleons?


Oh I would love that!

My Simblr
They/He
Forum Resident
#12825 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 8:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena88
What you guys think about PALM READING interaction (copied from RED HANDS interaction) with options to do it for FREE and FOR MONEY? Sims with HIGHER CREATIVITY and CHARISMA could earn more money than those with lower skills. Also what you guys think for sims to be able to use chrystal/matchmaker ball themselves to earn simoleons?



I have ALWAYS wanted a more thought-out Gypsy. I would've loved the ability to make some seedy fortune telling sites in the darker side of Downtown (OfB compatible!). PPV (pay-per-viewing)! The neon hands in the window, the neon eyeball... The crystal ball lamp from Univ (i believe) could've been so much more. Could've randomly spawned a spirit or two, like the tombstones/urns do... or the TS1 campfire. Could've produced weird /spooky /hilarious fortunes. Could've been a WHOOOOLE lot of deco stuff and clothing for gypsy caravans and "Psychic Friends" store fronts. Random effects could be like chance cards, with positive and negative outcomes with bonuses or strikes based on creativity/charisma like you suggested.

Great idea, @Lena88 !! There's a lot of potential for gypsies and the psychic career path... I bet one could even make tarot cards out of the poker table, with a bit of effort. Wouldn't that be fun? Although, i'd probably not use real tarot images, and do TS2 image mock-ups... Like, the grim reaper instead of death... a "Daniel Pleasant" -looking "betrayal" card... haha, stuff like that! Mrs. Crumplebottom card's gotta go in there somewhere! And Relationship +/- based on readings. Good news +!! Bad news - !! Maybe even effects on the receiving sim's moods... bad news = -comfort? -bladder? Good news = +energy, +comfort, +fun? The possibilities are endless!

oh! before i forget... thx for the creesims explanation =)


**Note: before anyone gets upset at the "G" word -- it's called a Gypsy in the game. I'm only using game terms. And while it's an OUTRAGE to the card carrying members of the Cancel Crowd, it's not an outrage to gypsies themselves. Besides, in America, it's a romanticized concept Very different than the label applied in Europe, based on my experiences.


-gE
>=)
gypsy-descended, and not at all ashamed of it!
and not even 1 iota "Romani"
Page 513 of 519
Back to top