49 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#12826 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 9:50 PM
I think the gypsy palm reading and Tarot cards is a good idea too. It would help the gypsy NPC out a lot more than being just a matchmaker. Although they can already do crystal balls to a degree. and make the gypsy class more mysterious.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#12827 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 12:40 AM
It would be cool if a sim could buy a property in name of another sim.
So the real estate agent could do the administration for the buyer.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#12828 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I have ALWAYS wanted a more thought-out Gypsy. I would've loved the ability to make some seedy fortune telling sites in the darker side of Downtown (OfB compatible!). PPV (pay-per-viewing)! The neon hands in the window, the neon eyeball... The crystal ball lamp from Univ (i believe) could've been so much more. Could've randomly spawned a spirit or two, like the tombstones/urns do... or the TS1 campfire. Could've produced weird /spooky /hilarious fortunes. Could've been a WHOOOOLE lot of deco stuff and clothing for gypsy caravans and "Psychic Friends" store fronts. Random effects could be like chance cards, with positive and negative outcomes with bonuses or strikes based on creativity/charisma like you suggested.

Great idea, @Lena88 !! There's a lot of potential for gypsies and the psychic career path... I bet one could even make tarot cards out of the poker table, with a bit of effort. Wouldn't that be fun? Although, i'd probably not use real tarot images, and do TS2 image mock-ups... Like, the grim reaper instead of death... a "Daniel Pleasant" -looking "betrayal" card... haha, stuff like that! Mrs. Crumplebottom card's gotta go in there somewhere! And Relationship +/- based on readings. Good news +!! Bad news - !! Maybe even effects on the receiving sim's moods... bad news = -comfort? -bladder? Good news = +energy, +comfort, +fun? The possibilities are endless!

oh! before i forget... thx for the creesims explanation =)

**Note: before anyone gets upset at the "G" word -- it's called a Gypsy in the game. I'm only using game terms. And while it's an OUTRAGE to the card carrying members of the Cancel Crowd, it's not an outrage to gypsies themselves. Besides, in America, it's a romanticized concept Very different than the label applied in Europe, based on my experiences.

-gE
>=)
gypsy-descended, and not at all ashamed of it!
and not even 1 iota "Romani"

There is a hacked crystal ball by Carrigon if you can find it and see if it can be updated to AL. I have it in my game and it does half of what is advertised.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#12829 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
A cigen editor. Right now, the only real way to refresh those Bodyshop thumbnails is to delete the entire cigen file and regenerate them all. You can, in theory, open it in SimPE and delete/swap individual thumbnails, but there's no way to sort them, every single age, gender, clothing, hair and makeup is jumbled up in there. I'd love a program that let me sort the damn things out so I could delete glitchy ones, or replace the default face closeup for custom accessory icons for things like CC fingernails and legwarmers, because refreshing the files isn't going to help me there.

If you liked this idea, you'll be pleased to hear that the latest version of the Outfit Organiser can now do this!
Instructor
#12830 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 10:23 PM
Just some ideas,

A mod that allows children/teens to call out sick from school, when they are actually sick.

Something that would allow a fellow student or the Delivery NPC drop off homework when children call out sick.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#12831 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 1:11 AM
Cyjon has a mod already where children already get days off when they're sick.
Lab Assistant
#12832 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 6:07 PM
I was getting ready for my D&D game and thinking wouldn't it be fun if my sims could play tabletop RPGs too?? I envision an object based on the Poker table, I think the animations would work OK for it, but it wouldn't have the money betting aspect of the poker game and would be made to look like a tabletop game with dice and a GM screen and everything. It'd be cute for geeky sims!
Forum Resident
#12833 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
I was getting ready for my D&D game and thinking wouldn't it be fun if my sims could play tabletop RPGs too?? I envision an object based on the Poker table, I think the animations would work OK for it, but it wouldn't have the money betting aspect of the poker game and would be made to look like a tabletop game with dice and a GM screen and everything. It'd be cute for geeky sims!

That's a fun idea! Maybe cloning the Mahjong table would work? or at least have some animations you could swipe! hahaha

-gE
>=)
Test Subject
#12834 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 4:33 PM
It would be cool if someone mod the cars and helicopters and turn them into jets, planes, and spaceships. I've seen spaceships as vehicles, but they are mostly Star Wars and Star Trek related. Would be cool to see a Bat-Wing or a Wonder Woman invisible jet. I've see a few UFO saucers here and there,
Forum Resident
#12835 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsfan2021
It would be cool if someone mod the cars and helicopters and turn them into jets, planes, and spaceships. I've seen spaceships as vehicles, but they are mostly Star Wars and Star Trek related. Would be cool to see a Bat-Wing or a Wonder Woman invisible jet. I've see a few UFO saucers here and there,

I second that. Take the helicopter and replace it with a different mesh but keeping the functionality and liftoff animations of the chopper. Then replace the sound with jet droning noises. A doable mod in theory for a good modder to attempt.
Field Researcher
#12836 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsfan2021

Simslice (look for this folder on BOOTY/Paysites Must be Destroyed) has some UFO/spaceship vehicles. Although I didnt see any airplane like stuff.
Field Researcher
#12837 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 12:17 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 26th Aug 2022 at 3:15 PM.
When talking about vehicles...it would be nice to have a mod that (after some time of use) make the vehicle (ownable of course) BROKEN and that sims have to fix it (the higher MECHANICAL SKILL = faster the fixing). When vehicle is broken, sims can only sit in it, not drive it. FIXING animation can be used/copied from CAR CRAFTING.
Instructor
#12838 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Simslice (look for this folder on BOOTY/Paysites Must be Destroyed) has some UFO/spaceship vehicles. Although I didnt see any airplane like stuff.

The one from Simslice takes its animations from the car when it moves in and out of the driveway. It hovers several meters above the ground though and Sims will use the Captain Hero / Ecological Guru flying animation to get in, so that is pretty cool.
This UFO is cloned from a helicopter and so it takes the animations from there. What I especially like about this one is that the green outer rims starts spinning whenever it flies just like the rotor blades on the helicopter would. There are also 2 great recolours for the UFO and the helipad respectively in that download.
Top Secret Researcher
#12839 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 5:12 AM
When talking about vehicles...it would be nice to have a mod that (after some time of use) make the vehicle (ownable of course) BROKEN and that sims have to fix it (the higher MECHANICAL SKILL = faster the fixing). When vehicle is broken, sims can only sit in it, not drive it. FIXING animation can be used/copied from CAR CRAFTING.

I would so want that too!
Maybe driving to auto mechanic repair shop can be an option as well.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Field Researcher
#12840 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 12:34 PM
As like...sims go into a VOID WALK and then come back to their lot? Yes, I agree. Either sims (with high MECHANICAL skill) fix the vehicle or they go VOID WALK to have the vehicle fixed...and MAYBE pay other sims (with high skills) to do it (calling them over or going to their OFB business/community lot).
Mad Poster
#12841 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Maybe driving to auto mechanic repair shop can be an option as well.
Or a tow truck comes to tow it away if the car won't start?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#12842 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Or a tow truck comes to tow it away if the car won't start?

That would be fun, but harder to mod (if someone would try this in the first place).

Forum Resident
#12843 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 8:52 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 31st Aug 2022 at 6:11 AM.
I posted a Hacks & CC idea about this back in the late 300s pages of the comments. haha! It had a gas fill up, a breakdown and a car accident /repair thing going. Unfortunately, it was just an idea and nothing that actually came to fruition. But it was rather complex and i never expected it to be realized. hahaha

I'll see if i can find it and update with a link. But it sounds like you guys might enjoy the idea!

EDIT: as promised... i found the link to which i was referring: https://modthesims.info/showthread....942#post5279942

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#12844 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 9:42 AM
I posted a Hacks & CC idea about this back in the late 300s pages of the comments. haha! It had a gas fill up, a breakdown and a car accident /repair thing going. Unfortunately, it was just an idea and nothing that actually came to fruition. But it was rather complex and i never expected it to be realized. hahaha

I'll see if i can find it and update with a link. But it sounds like you guys might enjoy the idea!

EDIT: as promised... i found the link to which i was referring: https://modthesims.info/showthread....942#post5279942

-gE
>=)

Thanks...but the link in no more working.

There war a MEDIAFIRE link for car mods but its not working anymore.
Lab Assistant
#12845 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer

I thought people who reacted to this post might want to see that I just found this set of D&D cc items. Sure it's only decorative, but maybe you could put it in your geeky Sims houses and pretend they are playing D&D "off camera" hehe. Or I bet these could be used as a base if someone was trying to make a functional tabletop game. I thought it was cute!
Forum Resident
#12846 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 8:55 PM
Thanks...but the link in no more working.

Really? Hmmm... I just clicked it and it seemed to be working just fine for me. But if it's not working, it's in this thread, p.258 and post 6447. Very strange.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....942#post5279942

Sorry for that!

-gE
>=)
Top Secret Researcher
#12847 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I love your idea! I think it would be great if a car breaks down (much like a television set or computer), needs to be filled with gasoline (like a fridge needs filling) and comes home with a bent fender from an accident and needs body work (like the buyable junk car).

I think this summarize it and might be even possible as it arent really new things to mod.

Forum Resident
#12848 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I think the gypsy palm reading and Tarot cards is a good idea too. It would help the gypsy NPC out a lot more than being just a matchmaker. Although they can already do crystal balls to a degree. and make the gypsy class more mysterious.

Doesn't it also seem like a missed opportunity, that sims in the paranormal career (along the lines of the gypsies and psychic friends network kinda businesses) cant interact more with ghosts? Like, it'd be kind of entertaining if they could befriend ghosts, talk to them, joke around with them... stuff like that. It would've been a fun thing to have added to the game. We've got ghosts. We've got psychics. We've got gypsies. Everything's already in place and ready to go! That's a Hack or CC i'd like to see, since it was a great big giant missed opportunity that should've came with the game, out of the box already! haha

-gE
>=)
Forum Resident
#12849 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 10:13 PM
I'd love a cleaning mod. I'd like my sims to mop or sweep to earn cleaning AND fitness points.

Honestly, I'd like a few idle animations. Just my sims doing something to keep busy so I can take my eyes off them without them setting fires.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#12850 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 12:34 AM
Doesn't it also seem like a missed opportunity, that sims in the paranormal career (along the lines of the gypsies and psychic friends network kinda businesses) cant interact more with ghosts? Like, it'd be kind of entertaining if they could befriend ghosts, talk to them, joke around with them... stuff like that. It would've been a fun thing to have added to the game. We've got ghosts. We've got psychics. We've got gypsies. Everything's already in place and ready to go! That's a Hack or CC i'd like to see, since it was a great big giant missed opportunity that should've came with the game, out of the box already! haha

-gE
>=)

Hmmm...maybe domething like...TOKEN or TRAIT (like 3t2 or 4t2...if there is such thing about ghosts in 3 or 4) mod. With this in their inventory, sims can interact with ghosts. Or maybe some kind of PLUGIN for Witche/Wizard and/or Vampire sims to enable them to interact with ghosts.
Page 514 of 576